Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2016-08-09 17:41:37

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: [docs] Global wiki 'Site Notice' needed

philwareham wrote #300571:

Great! If you want direct write access to the documentation repo on GitHub then let me know your GitHub user name, or you can fork the repo and provide pull requests, whichever is easiest for you.

It is in my signature (same username I use here) but forking is not a problem. Give me a chance to practice that as well. I have been playing with the Ubuntu Bash Shell on Windows 10 so this will be good practice.

#14 2016-08-10 09:08:41

Destry
Website

Thanks for looking into, Phil.

philwareham wrote #300568:

The forum also needs updating to the latest FluxBB version

I thought Franz (FluxBB dev) is supporting Flarum now; merging efforts into that project… ? Didn’t realize he’s running systems in parallel. Or do I even have my info right?

All the Textile docs in the documentation site need rewriting as Markdown if anyone wants to volunteer for that task (I’ve done quite a few already but lots of pages still to rewrite).

In the beginning you asked us to write in Textile. I guess I missed where the change in direction was announced. Though I do vaguely recall discussion around GitHub’s favoring of Markdown.

#15 2016-08-10 09:12:51

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Destry wrote #300581:

In the beginning you asked us to write in Textile.

Yes, that was before GitHub dropped support for it, grrrrrr.

Last edited by Bloke (2016-08-10 09:17:25)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#16 2016-08-10 09:15:12

Destry
Website

Bloke wrote #300569:

Hint for anyone who steps up. Download it. Works wonders.

Yeah, I was going say, I used a lot of Textile. An automator is imperative.

#17 2016-08-10 09:16:05

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Destry wrote #300581:

I thought Franz (FluxBB dev) is supporting Flarum now; merging efforts into that project… ? Didn’t realize he’s running systems in parallel. Or do I even have my info right?

Flarum has only had 2 (small) commits in last 3 months so I don’t think that project is releasing anytime soon. In the meantime a new release of FluxBB has appeared with some security fixes.

In the beginning you asked us to write in Textile. I guess I missed where the change in direction was announced. Though I do vaguely recall discussion around GitHub’s favoring of Markdown.

Regarding Textile in Jekyll, GitHub announced a few months back that they would cease support for Textile by the middle of this year and to rewrite any existing docs in Markdown. So yes, whilst annoying it needs doing.

#18 2016-08-10 09:32:49

Destry
Website

philwareham wrote #300584:

FluxBB has appeared with some security fixes.

That’s probably done because of the dev pace of Flarum at this point. Tide-over support until the new tadpole gets legs. Probably won’t stay that way.

Flarum has only had 2 (small) commits in last 3 months so I don’t think that project is releasing anytime soon.

Probably not before end of the year, though I understand one reason why. The lead dev, Toby, is a full-time med student in Australia. He and Franz work together on it, but because it’s Toby’s baby, progress is indeed slow. Everything seems to have to go through him, by my observation in the boards. Flarum is asking for dev contributions, btw. And they do seem earnest to deliver.

The current beta5 is largely stable, if lacking a couple user-management features. We use it at CSF, and after closed beta testing with people for many weeks now, we’ve decided as of just last night to open the gates. We’ll lock it off again if trouble appears.

I never used Composer before, but now that I have with Flarum, I have to say, core and extension updates are a bliss. One short command on the line… Done. A regular package install, however, is one of the things coming. The beefed up user management is the real hold-up, I think.

#19 2016-11-01 15:54:38

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

I’ve found some time to work on the docs site a bit more, it’s nowhere near finished but I’ve changed the forum nav to point to it now as it’s at least useable. Will look at repoint links from the textpattern.com site in due course.

#20 2016-11-01 16:39:11

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Very swanky. Nice work, Phil. Love those syntax highlighted code blocks, and the tag attribute lists are much easier to visually parse now.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#21 2016-11-01 16:45:22

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

I love the Search button. :)

#22 2016-11-01 17:33:17

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Wonderful!

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#23 2016-11-02 16:29:09

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

I just spotted that the <txp:if_description> tag is omitted from the tag list.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#24 2016-11-02 16:47:46

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

colak wrote #302559:

I just spotted that the <txp:if_description> tag is omitted from the tag list.

Thanks, there is a doc it was just missing from the list. Fixed now.

Board footer