Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#553 2007-09-23 22:07:31

michael_climactic

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_suparchive - article archive list

Thank you I’ll give that a go! May have some more questions for you later :)

#554 2007-09-24 00:19:13

lennie

I am using this in the side bar for the monthly archive:

<txp:rss_suparchive_menu mode=“month” showcount=“0” section=“article linktosection=“article” limit=“15” />

I created a section called archive and used this:

<txp:rss_suparchive_menu mode=“month” showcount=“0” section=“article linktosection=“archive” limit=“15” />

Then what it did was list and archive of all the articles not just the month selected.

I am very stuck. . .

Lennie

#555 2007-09-24 08:45:50

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

The “linktosection” in your sidebar tag should be pointing to “archive” as well. That’s where the archive will be created. Also it may be a typo but you are missing a ( “ ) after “article.

After the <txp:rss_suparchive_menu /> tag in the page template you are using for your archive you need a second tag – <txp:rss_suparchive /> with all the attributes you require to set it up the way you want – to create the archive itself. You can find all the attributes available by clicking “Help” next to the plug-in on your TXP admin Plugins page or on Rob’s web site.

Another thing. If you are using the same sidebar in the page template you use for the archive section you should use the <txp:if_section name="archive"><txp:else />the archive menu bit</txp:if_section> tags so that you don’t have the archive menu appearing in 2 places on the same page. It’s a bit pointless having it twice and it could be a drag on your database as all the calls will be duplicated.

Last edited by thebombsite (2007-09-24 08:52:04)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#556 2007-10-16 00:28:36

dreamer

Hi- I tried using a very simple line of code like this in my page template;

<txp:rss_superarchive_menu mode=“YEAR” linktosection=“archive” />

but I get an error on my page like so;

tag_error <txp:rss_superarchive_menu mode=“YEAR” linktosection=“archive” /> -> Textpattern Warning: unknown_tag: rss_superarchive_menu on line 968

Last edited by dreamer (2007-10-16 00:29:31)

#557 2007-11-07 02:10:36

tye
Website

Is there a way to order the categories when using rss_suparchive_bycat like this : <txp:rss_suparchive_bycat section="articles" limit="10" showcatcount="0" />

#558 2007-11-28 12:34:56

astrid

Hi Rob, I´ve just started textpattern and have searched through forums and google for a way to integrate thumbnails with rss_suparchive. I´ve tried using a form but seem to loose most of suparchive´s functionality when I do.

Is there a way to use the articles´id with any thumbnail? Would you support another tag?

tia

Astrid

#559 2007-12-06 18:02:51

sphinx

hi .. i’ve installed rss_suparchive 0.18 on Textpattern 4.0.5.
<txp:rss_suparchive timeframe=“ALL” showsection=“1” showauthor=“1” showsubdate=“1” subdateformat=”%d” dateformat=”%B %Y” limit=“5” /> don’t work at all, i have nothing in my webpage, no error, nothing.
am i missing something?
any ideea?

Last edited by sphinx (2007-12-06 18:03:29)

#560 2008-01-01 11:07:24

pfctdayelise
Website

Hi,

I was happily using this plugin with no problems, but I must have accidentally broken it because I noticed today it is no longer working as expected. Or maybe it is not this plugin, but Textpattern; I’m not sure.

For some reason now all my monthly archives like http://brianna.modernthings.org/article/2007/09 just show the most recent 5 articles, like the main page. I only have one sticky article. Is it somehow breaking the monthly archive, maybe?

Today I just did some tinkering with text placement but maybe I forgot to close a parenthesis somewhere???? Apart from that I don’t know what it could be…

#561 2008-01-08 04:38:11

LeeUmm
Website

I’m having the same problem as above. I just installed this plugin for the first time and cannot get any results to show, or just the latest articles.

I’m using this tag: <txp:rss_suparchive_menu section="news" /> on my section ‘news’. It displays a list of links by month/year which is what I want, but when I click a link it just displays the page with the latest articles. If I change the ‘linktosection’ to ‘archive’ and create a section named ‘archive’ with an <article> tag in it, nothing is displayed.

What is the correct way to get this working?

#562 2008-01-09 19:33:34

LeeUmm
Website

So can I assume this plugin is no longer supported? A few people have posted questions and no response, and it hasn’t been updated in years.

Does anybody know of another plugin that will group by monthly archive? I searched but as far as I could see, there wasn’t anything else as this was suppose to be the end all of archiving plugins.

#563 2008-01-09 19:45:56

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

LeeUmm wrote:

So can I assume this plugin is no longer supported? A few people have posted questions and no response, and it hasn’t been updated in years.

Does anybody know of another plugin that will group by monthly archive? I searched but as far as I could see, there wasn’t anything else as this was suppose to be the end all of archiving plugins.

feel free to dig into the plugin and see what may be wrong? or try contacting robert sable at his website as i don’t think hes been around the forums for a few months at least.

Last edited by iblastoff (2008-01-09 19:46:59)

#564 2008-01-09 19:49:37

LeeUmm
Website

Well there are no errors being thrown and I’m not a programmer, so that doesn’t give me much options. I’ve tried digging around and reading the documents, and came up short, hence my post in this forum asking for help. Apparently I’m not the only person experiencing this problem either.

I was thinking maybe I am incorrectly implementing this, but with others having the same issue, I’m not sure any more.

It’s a shame, because I really need monthly archiving for this one project I’m working on.

Board footer