Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#325 2005-09-06 08:39:13

RHD
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_suparchive - article archive list

Is it possible to rig suparchive to display a custom field like it displays excerpts?

Here’s what I have:

Month, Year
- Day: Post title
Month, Year

etc.

Here’s what I want:

Month, Year
------- One-sentence summary
------- One-sentence summary

etc.

Does that make any sense? I can do exactly what I want if I use the showexcerpt attribute, but I can’t use the excerpt field because I’m already using that for lead-ins for long posts. Instead I’m using a custom field for my summaries.

Thanks.

Last edited by RHD (2005-09-06 08:49:10)

#326 2005-09-06 13:16:37

tinyfly
Website

Wilshire – Can you make your plugin compatible with the new error handling, 404, in the upcoming txp 4.0.1? They added a way to call the 404 function so you can have custom URIs like your plugin uses. Otherwise I get a not_found error when I try to sort by date.

#327 2005-09-06 13:27:44

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

> tinyfly wrote:

> Wilshire – Can you make your plugin compatible with the new error handling, 404, in the upcoming txp 4.0.1? They added a way to call the 404 function so you can have custom URIs like your plugin uses. Otherwise I get a not_found error when I try to sort by date.

I am experiencing the same problem at CMS Styles.

#328 2005-09-08 15:27:02

tinyfly
Website

Wilshire, any word on the 404 issue?

#329 2005-09-08 17:34:51

jdykast
Website

Has anyone noticed an issue using rss_superarchive and its “form” attribute? The plugin works like a champ without it but when I add it to the mix the article won’t load. I’m using Textpattern 4.0.1 and rss_Superarchive 0.15.1. Below is an example of both the working and non-working tag:

Works:
<code><txp:rss_suparchive section=“ministries” limit=“5” /></code>

Doesn’t:
<code><txp:rss_suparchive section=“ministries” limit=“5” form=“lofi” /></code>

Last edited by jdykast (2005-09-08 22:50:49)

#330 2005-09-08 22:47:29

Jeremie
Website

If I remember correctly, the form attribute never really worked. I think Rob was waiting on a solid final release before implement it. But indeed it would be quite nice and needed to have a rss_suparchive & rss_suparchive_bycat with form capability.

#331 2005-09-12 03:20:07

davidwang
Website

I’m having some probs with rss_suparchive_menu on my blog (http://david.itchyhands.com) as well. I post my entries to the /blog section. I created an /archive section and an archive page. I’ve set the /archive section to make use of the archive page. In the archive page template I have the following code:
<txp:rss_suparchive_menu section="blog" linktosection="archive" limit="9999" />

Now in my /archive section I get a list of monthly archives. Clicking on one brings me to /archive/2005/05 (for e.g.) but textpattern shows me the /archive section page and not the list of articles as you would expect.

What am I doing wrong? Is it because I don’t have a <txp:article /> tag on my archive page template?? Or is it because I need to set my permalink mode to /year/month/day/title format?

I know you get this questions a lot Rob, but all tips and suggestions are much appreciated, thanks. If I get it right I promise to write it up so that people can refer to my blog instead of having to bother you all the time.

Last edited by davidwang (2005-09-12 03:22:08)

#332 2005-09-12 06:06:01

cpk

Wasn’t sure if I should start a new thread or not…

I too am having a problem with rss_suparchive_bycat in which either the first or last item in the list is inserted into its own unordered list, apart from the rest in the list.

Is this something that happens as a result of something I have done, a bug with TxP 4.0.1, and has anyone else had this occur on their sites?

Thanks,

cpk

#333 2005-09-13 08:45:11

zeroK
Website

Hi :) First of all thanks for this great plugin :)

But I also have a question: Is it somehow possible to produce some pagination with it? Like with <txp:article limit=“5”/> and <txp:older/> and <txp:newer/> :)

#334 2005-09-13 22:24:18

Etz Haim
Archived Plugin Author
Website

This plugin either doesn’t care about time zone differences, or it is (probably) DST unaware. This should explain why when I publish sth around midnight, the article’s posted date is one day ahead of the one reported by the plugin.

Also, upgrading to the latest version has caused an extra problem for me. I call it from a page template and use it to display a list of recent articles, and while it works in “ection and category listings (right column), it doesn’t display anything at all when used in an article.

UPDATE: I went one minor version back (0.14) and got rid of this particular annoyance. Please do something with the DST.

Last edited by Etz Haim (2005-09-13 23:31:57)

#335 2005-09-15 17:00:39

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Email notifications from the forum seem to be broke so I’m a bit behind on this.

1. I am aware of the time offset issues. Its on the list to be fixed.
  2. I haven’t seen the new 404 handling so I’ll have to take a look.
  3. Forms did work at some point on the regular suparchive tag.

Keep in mind that a lot of changes have taken place in the Textpattern code since this plugin was last released. Things that used to work might not anymore. I started to work on updating the plugin but am up to my neck in work at the moment. I’ll take a look at these problems when things quiet down a bit.

Board footer