Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2007-05-08 07:53:11

alexandra

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_author_info

okay, i figuered out how this plugin works and it is really neat! Now i like (similar to roan above) the authors websites name linked: f. e.

Robert Wetzlmayr
awasteofwords.com

and a awasteofwords.com shold be linked to http://awasteofwords.com

is this somehow possible?

#26 2008-01-30 00:06:51

rsskga
Website

I’ve been trying to use this plugin. I’ve installed it and gotten it to work for short periods of time, but then it triggers a 500 internal server error on my site. I tried on a testing server and a live server, and got the same result.

Anyone have any ideas? Is any further development planned for this plugin? Rob, I noticed it is disabled on your site.

Swim Kitten, A Magento Site
When nothing but incredibly revealing dresses and swimwear will do

#27 2009-09-25 14:29:24

Vienuolis
Website GitHub GitLab Twitter

I have made a separate section for author profiles and have implemented <txp:author link="1" /> on my multi-user site. Thus I lack only one feature — to display a portrait (photo, picture, avatar) next to the author’s name as in this forum. Now I installed txp:rss_author_info plugin successfully, it displays existing portraits, although I do not have all the data required by plugin from every author. The problem and only the question is:

would it possible somehow to ignore insufficient data to avoid errors like this:

Tag error: <txp:rss_author_info_image /> -> Notice: Undefined index: imageid on line 114

The whole complex of tags with empty data like image="" do not help. Should I fake some number or default image instead?

#28 2009-09-25 14:57:48

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

Have you tried smd_bio ?

Code is topiary

#29 2009-09-25 17:48:54

Vienuolis
Website GitHub GitLab Twitter

Have. Unlucky, though. The great project, very well integrated into TxP, although it looks still in early beta stage. OK, I will post my problem there, on smd_bio thread soon.

Board footer