Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2014-03-13 10:34:27

a7aylor

Re: Filtering categories based on the chosen section (back end)

sacripant wrote #279698:

display:none don’t work for Chrome and IE for option.
This work only with Firefox

Probably why Bloke’s PHP solution would be a better all-rounder; no cross browser issues.

Bloke, I really cant fatham this…

Like you said, if the match is with names (which it is) .val() should do the job in your code. Ive tried changing names and titles so they ALL match (just incase there was a miss-match), the plugin is active, ive created a form called section_cats listing section names (and titles – just to be safe) on seperate lines. Still she’s not purring. Anything else I could try to narrow it down?

Thanks for everyones input, the helps been above and beyond.

Last edited by a7aylor (2014-03-13 10:39:22)

#26 2014-03-13 10:45:04

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

a7aylor wrote #279716:

Anything else I could try to narrow it down?

A long shot: did you set the plugin’s Type to ‘Admin’ in plugin composer, so it runs on the admin side?

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#27 2014-03-13 11:27:27

a7aylor

Bloke wrote #279717:

A long shot: did you set the plugin’s Type to ‘Admin’ in plugin composer, so it runs on the admin side?

Ha, I wish that was it! But yeah, its set to Admin only and Ive tried a variety of load orders too.

Ive just found out what it is though. Should have guessed it earlier…IE! Not by my choice but our school is stuck on IE9 for the time being, and most of the usage will be internal for this system.

Just tested it on Mac/Safari and it worked perfectly for category1, just not category2. How would I add that in?

Im guessing the IE issue is related to what sacrapant brought up about option tags and such.

I owe you a pint!

Last edited by a7aylor (2014-03-14 08:06:18)

Board footer