Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2015-02-21 00:13:54

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Edit error: Sorry, the form could not be submitted. Please try again.

Els wrote #288470:

No more errors in debugging mode after editing the plugin. Still getting Sorry, the form could not be submitted. Please try again later. though…

Rats. I was betting on that working.

OK, if you open the browser’s (or Firebug’s) inspector prior to clicking the article to edit, then watch what happens in the inspector’s console when you hit Save, is there any info given there that might give us a clue? You should see a wodge of JavaScript/HTML returned (it tells Txp what needs changing on-screen) but if there are any error messages mixed in with that lot, it might indicate where things are going sideways.

EDIT: You could also check the inspector’s ‘Network’ pane, click the request that gets sent when you hit Save and see if anything looks amiss in either what is sent to the server, or its response.

Last edited by Bloke (2015-02-21 00:16:03)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#74 2015-02-21 00:35:46

els

In the console I see this when I open an article in the write tab (but nothing happens when I hit Save):

Resource interpreted as Script but transferred with MIME type text/html: "http://www.arlettejeanine.com/textpattern/index.php?event=l10n&l10nfile=mlp.js". index.php?event=article&step=edit&ID=1014:19
Denying load of chrome-extension://gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio/js/jquery.min.map. Resources must be listed in the web_accessible_resources manifest key in order to be loaded by pages outside the extension. index.php?event=article&step=edit&ID=1014:1
event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead. jquery.js:3

(that last line appears when I scroll down)

Last edited by els (2015-02-21 00:36:49)

#75 2015-02-21 00:38:44

els

In the Network pane, hitting Save gives me this:

index.php	
text/html
jquery.js:4	
596 B	
1.07 s

#76 2015-02-21 00:52:35

els

That was Chrome. (Chromium actually)
Console in Firefox says

Use of getUserData() or setUserData() is deprecated.  Use WeakMap or element.dataset instead. cacheobj.js:829
Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated.  Use defaultPrevented instead. jquery.js:3

Otherwise no differences as far as I can see.

Stef, it’s Friday night so I don’t expect quick answers!

#77 2015-02-21 00:55:12

els

Bloke wrote #288471:

EDIT: You could also check the inspector’s ‘Network’ pane, click the request that gets sent when you hit Save and see if anything looks amiss in either what is sent to the server, or its response.

Ah sorry, it’s getting late here… Clicking the request:

Fatal error: ob_clean() [<a href='ref.outcontrol'>ref.outcontrol</a>]: Cannot use output buffering in output buffering display handlers in /home/httpd/vhosts/arlettejeanine.com/httpdocs/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 2822

#78 2015-02-21 00:55:47

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Els wrote #288472:

In the console I see this when I open an article in the write tab (but nothing happens when I hit Save) <snip>

That output on page load is expected.

In the Network pane, hitting Save gives me <snip>

OK, so it’s doing something. If you click that line, does it twist down to reveal more stuff? In both Firebug and Chrome’s inspector you should then see some tabs with Headers, Post, Response, Cache and so on. Clicking “Headers” shows what was sent to the server, clicking “Response” shows what was returned. That’s the main one we’re after. It usually starts something like this:

;
                $(document).ready(function ()
                {
                    $("#messagepane").html("<span class=\"messageflash success\" role=\"alert\"><span class=\"ui-icon ui-icon-check\"></span> Article posted. &#160;<a class=\"close\" role=\"button\" title=\"Close\" aria-label=\"Close\" href=\"#close\">&#215;</a></span>");
                    $(window).resize(function ()
                    {
                        $("#messagepane").css({

You might not see any of this until after you’ve acknowledged the Form cannot be submitted error, but perhaps mingled with that response output is an error we can sink our teeth into?

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#79 2015-02-21 00:57:52

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Els wrote #288475:

Fatal error: ob_clean(). Cannot use output buffering in output buffering display handlers…

Aha! Our posts crossed. That’s the puppy, thanks. I’ve posted about that one before somewhere, probably on the MLP thread. If I come across it I’ll post the link, but you’ll probably beat me to it :-)

Last edited by Bloke (2015-02-21 00:59:42)

#80 2015-02-21 00:59:18

els

Yeah I missed that, sorry. See my previous post.

Ah thanks. I will search the MLP thread!

Edit: crossposting it is tonight ;)

#81 2015-02-21 01:01:25

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Els wrote #288478:

Ah thanks. I will search the MLP thread!

Found it, and yes, seems to be fixed in a later MLP version: the github one.

#82 2015-02-21 01:03:59

els

Haha, let’s stop crossposting :) Thanks very much, Stef! I haven’t read the entire post yet, but noticed you mentioning a cheap fix. Should I try that first?

#83 2015-02-21 01:07:01

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Els wrote #288480:

you mentioning a cheap fix. Should I try that first?

You can do so, but note the caveat in a much later post that the cheap fix breaks something else. That post outlines how to fix the fix… or you could just download the latest github MLP, backup everything and try that. The actual compiled plugins are linked from a fairly recent MLP post of mine.

#84 2015-02-21 01:09:19

els

OK, I’ll be good and upgrade both Txp and MLP :) Thanks again and sleep well!

Board footer