Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#97 2013-02-27 11:13:55

developr
Plugin Author
Website

Re: abl_droploader: A native drag & drop multiple image uploader

Hi Joey

This is possibly a problem with insufficient permissions. Are there any entries in the error log of your server?

The installation procedure tries to create three folders with mode 0755, then it writes the js- and css-files (mode 0644) to these folders. The folder structure is documented in the plugin help.

Currently, there is not much error checking in the installation procedure. I always try to improve the installation procedure, and better error handling there is one of those things I have in mind for the next releases.

Hope this helps.

#98 2013-02-27 14:49:20

Joey

Thanks for your reply. I do not see any errors related to the plugin installation in the virtual server’s log. Is there a way to manually download the necessary files somewhere and upload them in the folder structure as shown in docs? That will probably solve this problem then, as I do see the Upload button appearing in the write-tab.

Regards,

Joey

#99 2013-02-27 16:36:40

developr
Plugin Author
Website

Very strange… It’s hard to say what the real problem is without any hint.

Is the server running in safe-mode or is there something like suPHP in use? I have not made any installation-tests under these conditions, so I don’t know if this is working properly.

I have put a zip-archive on my server, so you can download it from there. I have sent you a mail containing the link. Hope it works.

#100 2013-02-27 17:17:53

feragnoli

is the last version compatible with textpattern 4.6 but not 4.5.4?
I can’t find any upload image link in the write tab…?
thanks

what was that again…?

#101 2013-02-27 18:26:46

developr
Plugin Author
Website

It should work with 4.5.4. I made tests with Textpattern versions 4.4.1, 4.5.4 and 4.6-dev without any problems.

Did you clear the browser cache?

#102 2013-02-28 11:46:15

Joey

Thanks Andy for the resources, it is now working correctly! Great plugin!

I’m not sure if and how I can help you solving this problem. I tried installation on two different (virtual) servers (not mine). Maybe it has something to do with the fact that your trying to create folders and files in the site root instead of the textpattern folder?

Regards,

Joey

#103 2013-02-28 14:06:32

developr
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Joey

I am not sure if it’s a good idea to store css/js-files of plugins in the textpattern folder or below it. This is the system directory, and I think it should be used only for the Textpattern installation. Applying Textpattern upgrades may also become more difficult.

I made it this way, because I don’t know where to put these files otherwise. As far as I know, there is no ‘official’ recommendation, where external resources of plugins like css- and javascript-files should be installed. If someone has an idea, please let me know.

At least, I will include a better error-checking for the installation procedure in next releases. This will not prevent the installation from failing, but may give some hints what’s going wrong.

#104 2013-03-08 09:51:19

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Hi Andy ;)

Here is a (better) Textpack for French translation:

#@language fr-fr
abl_droploader_all_files_uploaded => {{filecount}} fichier(s) téléchargé(s).
abl_droploader_close_title => Fermer DropLoader
abl_droploader_error_method => La méthode {{method}} n'existe pas dans abl.droploader-app.js.
abl_droploader_err_browser_not_supported => Votre navigateur ne supporte pas le téléchargement de fichiers HTML5 !
abl_droploader_err_file_too_large => {{filename}} : cette image est trop grande !
abl_droploader_err_invalid_filetype => Vous ne pouvez pas télécharger {{filename}}. Seuls les fichiers images sont autorisés (jpg, jpeg, gif, png) !
abl_droploader_err_too_many_files => Trop de fichiers ! Veuillez sélectionner {{maxfiles}} au maximum !
abl_droploader_info_text => Déposez les fichiers ici <br />ou cliquez pour sélectionner des images <br />depuis votre ordinateur
abl_droploader_no_files_uploaded => Aucun fichier téléchargé.
abl_droploader_open => Téléchargement d'images
abl_droploader_open_title => Ouvrir l'outil de téléchargement d'images multiples par glisser/déposer
abl_droploader_prefs_article_image_fields => Champ(s) Article-image  (Liste d'ID de sélecteurs CSS séparés par une virgule. Utilisez #custom-n pour les noms de champs personnalisés)
abl_droploader_prefs_custom_stylesheet => Feuille de styles personnalisée (chemin/fichier)
abl_droploader_prefs_custom_stylesheetb => Feuille de styles personnalisée (chemin/fichier)
abl_droploader_prefs_file_max_upload_count => Nombre maximum d'images à télécharger en une seule fois
abl_droploader_prefs_image_max_upload_count => Nombre maximum de fichiers à télécharger en une seule fois
abl_droploader_prefs_reload_image_tab => Onglet Images : fermer Droploader et recharger la liste d'images après le téléchargement
abl_droploader_prefs_use_default_stylesheet => Utiliser les styles par défaut
abl_droploader_some_files_uploaded => {{uploaded_files}} sur {{filecount}} fichier(s) téléchargé(s).
abl_droploader_close => &#x00d7;

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#105 2013-03-12 19:02:44

developr
Plugin Author
Website

Thank you, Patrick!

I have the download on my website updated.

Note:
There is a wrong (misspelled) entry in the textpack posted above: abl_droploader_prefs_custom_stylesheetb
I made this mistake in an earlier release. This entry is not used an can safely be deleted.

However, the next release of the plugin will automatically remove this wrong entry on installation.

#106 2013-03-28 20:50:39

developr
Plugin Author
Website

New abl_droploader version 0.20 is now available.

This time it’s a maintenance release, with an improved installation and a complete new uninstallation procedure. All prefs, textpack entries, javascripts and css files are removed when the plugin is deleted.

I have also reorganised my site a bit. Most pages are now available in German and English. All downloads (compiled plugin, textpacks and zipped source) are now placed on the same page.

See the original post for the language specific download pages.

#107 2013-05-04 05:23:18

Tecca

Great plugin, thank you for this!

#108 2013-05-04 16:29:30

developr
Plugin Author
Website

Glad that you like it, Tecca. Thanks!

Board footer