Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2013-01-11 09:20:08

Algaris

Re: abl_droploader: A native drag & drop multiple image uploader

Thank you so much for updating this plugin Andreas. It makes updating my website a lot quicker and less hassle.

I tried upgrading to the latest version in Textpattern 4.4.1 (r3575). After doing so the Textpattern Image Upload button and abl_droploader upload link disappeared, meaning I had no way of uploading images. I deleted the plugin and installed it fresh and got the same result. When I have time I need to see if any of the other plugins I have installed are interfering with abl_droploader.

#62 2013-01-11 15:23:40

developr
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Algaris

I have two questions:
  • From which previous version did you made that upgrade?
  • Which plugins are also installed? (You can mail me the list of plugins and versions, if you don’t want to publish it here in the forum)

I must say, that I have started working with Textpattern with version 4.4.1. Therefore, I have no experience with earlier versions, or with upgrading from these releases.

But I have now downloaded this specific release r3575 from googlecode using my SVN client. I will check if DropLoader works with a fresh installation. This is what I can do at the moment.

#63 2013-01-14 09:15:38

Algaris

Hi Andreas. Thanks for your reply. In answer to your questions.

1) I’m not sure the exact version but it was the last one publicly released before 0.15
2) Plugins used on my website are:

abl_droploader 0.15
adi_link 0.4
adi_recent_tab 0.3
bot_write_tab_customize 0.7.1
cnk_versioning 0.1.7
gbp_admin_library 0.4.669
gbp_permanent_links 0.14.7
glz_custom_fields 1.3.0
rah_external_output 1.0.1
rah_function 0.6
rvm_maintenance 0.5
smd_where_used 0.30
soo_plugin_pref 0.2.2
upm_savenew 0.4.2
zem_contact_lang 4.0.3.6
zem_contact_reborn 4.0.3.20

#64 2013-01-14 16:45:10

developr
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Algaris. Sorry, I have misinterpreted your post. I though you upgraded Textpattern… Sorry.

Anyway, I have now made a short test with a fresh install of Txp 4.4.1 (r3575) and made an upgrade from version 0.13 to 0.15 and also from 0.14 to 0.15. This works in my local dev-environment (WAMPServer), at least when no other plugins are installed.

What I can say is that I have changed the method how the “upload images”-link on the image panel is inserted in version 0.14. Starting from this version it is done with JavaScript (abl.droploader-app.js). In prior versions this is done in a pluggable_ui-callback (step image_ui) on the server. abl.droploader-app.js also hides the original upload form (all versions).

I can think of two situations, that may lead to an invisible upload UI (not tested):
  • The installation of the newer javascripts failed, and the new plugin uses the old scripts.
  • The browser may have cached an old version of abl.droploader-app.js.
Two things you may try:
  • Clear the browser cache if not already done, and check if this works.
  • Delete the plugin and the ‘res’ folder (or all external files, see plugin help), then reinstall it.

If it still does not work, you may deactivate other plugins, one by one.

I have not tested most of your plugins. One that probably may cause problems (on the write-panel) is bot_write_tab_customize. Plugins that add JavaScript/jQuery code to the write- or image-panel are probably those which can interfere with abl_droploader.

Hope that helps!

#65 2013-01-15 09:40:05

Algaris

Thank you. Who’d have thought something as simple as clearing the cache would fix this.

#66 2013-01-15 12:08:45

developr
Plugin Author
Website

I don’t… But if the behavior is very strange, sometimes it has to do with the browser-cache.

Thanks for posting the solution! I will add a note to the plugin help.

#67 2013-01-16 13:07:12

developr
Plugin Author
Website

Today, I published a new release of abl_droploader: 0.16.

This time, it contains also a little enhancement concerning styling of the UI. It’s now possible to use a custom stylesheet instead of, or in addition to the default stylesheet. I added two new options to the plugin prefs (use default styles, custom stylesheet) to control this.

There are two new entries in the Textpack for the new options in the prefs panel. Therefore, users that have translated the Textpack, may need to do this also for these new entries.

There is also a fix, that enables the DropLoader after editing an image. In the previous release, I have forgot to implement this. Sorry…

See also the changelog in the initial post

#68 2013-01-18 17:49:41

feragnoli

hello, nice plugin.
is it possible to fire this plugin on custom fields?
another plugin, bot_image_upload, allows you to specify in its preferences (‘bot_iu_fields’) which – multiple – fields to target.
is that possible yet or are there any plans of including this functionality?
thank you

Last edited by feragnoli (2013-01-18 17:50:20)

what was that again…?

#69 2013-01-18 22:36:08

uli

In your installation’s root folder, open res/js/abl.droploader-app.js.

Replace the only instance of #article-image with #custom-1 or whichever cf you want to target, save, and reload the Write panel. Done.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#70 2013-01-20 11:32:11

jpdupont

I start using your plugin ! Fine ! :-))) Thanks !
As gfdesign one little request : create a NEW category before uploading the images …

#71 2013-01-23 13:53:50

developr
Plugin Author
Website

feragnoli wrote:

is it possible to fire this plugin on custom fields?

For the moment, please use the solution posted by uli (Thanks!). This patch is correct and should work.

Btw, it’s a very good idea! I think, it could improve interoperability with other plugins, which is always a good thing. Best of all, it’s fairly simple to support this functionality, even with multiple targets. Basically, it needs a new option in the prefs and some changes in abl.droploader-app.js. I will definitely include that in one of the next releases.

jpdupont wrote:

As gfdesign one little request : create a NEW category before uploading the images…

This is also a good idea, but sadly, it isn’t so simple as it looks.

One reason is that the upload is sent to the same script (include/txp_image.php), that is used by the original upload form on the image panel. This script is part of the Textpattern distribution, and currently not able to create new image categories. Possibly, it could be done in the “image_uploaded” callback, but I think, this is not the best place. And for the file upload, this will not work, because there is no such callback in txp_file.php.

Other problems may arise, when the Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack (MLP) is installed. How should I handle it?

Furthermore, the UI may become more complex.

As you might see, this is more a big than a little request. I keep that idea in mind, but I think it will not be in one the next releases. Perhaps later…

In the near future I will focus on the completion of the file upload. I hope I can do that within the next weeks.

#72 2013-01-25 16:55:23

jpdupont

Andreas,

I don’t understand where I must post … Here or in the smd_thumbnail thread.

• On a site, with smd_thumbnail (2 thumbnails created) + abl_droploader, when images are uploaded on the server, the smd_thumbnails are created.
  • On other sites (same server) same configuration, here the smd_thumbnails are not created

What I’m missing ??? I use the last version of your plugin, the last smd_thumbnail beta, the 4.5.4 TXP.

Board footer