Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2011-10-29 11:47:19

kvnmcwebn
Website

Re: most messy textpattern form ever....

thanks for the great suggestions to this post. The page is tidied up now, I actually think it loads noticeably faster, probably due to your suggestion gocom. Cheers.

its a bad hen that wont scratch itself.
photogallery

#14 2011-10-29 12:10:27

jakob
Admin
Website

I have so many inline styles because soemtimes I get lazy to go back to my editor app … I do most of the positioning tweaks in firebug. Wasn’t there some sort of ff extension that allowed you to save the css file right from firebug as well? If there was I would have less inline styles.

I thought that might be the reason. If it’s (partially) a matter of habit/the tools you’re using, you might want to try using a css editor like CSSEdit, now part of Espresso 2 (both Mac I’m afraid, but I expect there’s something similar for windows*). You’ll find some videos of CSSedit on YouTube. It gives you a browser window with in-browser DOM-navigator (similar to firebug’s element highlight) and you can extract a stylesheet into a separate file (or a file of your own, like one you were working on earlier) that you can then edit as you wish, with the changes showing live in espresso’s browser window. In other words you have similar tools to firebug and a similar instant response to any changes you make, but the css is all in a separate window/file. You can edit away to your heart’s content, then copy the contents to your styles tab, or if you’re using a static css file, have Espresso ftp it to your server when you’re done. The program’s not so cheap, but it has been part of cheaper software bundles in the past.

* maybe Stylizer as a windows alternative to cssedit?

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#15 2011-10-29 12:28:26

kvnmcwebn
Website

jacob, I’m a bit upset here that you think I’m a pc user… Dude, I’d rather flip burgers then design sites on a pc.
Anyway those css apps sound great but I’m going to try the textpattern style tab and copy and paste from firebug sort of like you suggest. I use dreaweaver as my ftp client/css editor. Thanks again for pointing me to cascade —huge help.

its a bad hen that wont scratch itself.
photogallery

#16 2011-10-29 13:09:39

uli

kvnmcwebn wrote:

jacob, I’m a bit upset here that you think I’m a pc user

OT: I sometimes thought it might be worth considering an additional forum sidebar user entry PC platform used or whatever that might be called. Could help us helping or in understanding where certain problems arise from (think of “absence” of .htaccess, or the forward/backward slashes in paths).

Last edited by uli (2011-10-29 13:11:24)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

Board footer