Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2012-07-17 11:18:08

Destry
Website

Re: [textile] Marked: Textile in any editor for Mac OS X

Dang! I missed a lot of good discussion here. I need to pour over this again. Thanks, everyone!

Those are interesting solutions too, sacripant!

Last edited by Destry (2012-07-17 11:22:48)

#14 2012-09-13 20:24:03

Destry
Website

Ahhhh. I just lost about 3 hours of writing editing work because I, for a change, was using the Write panel editor and moving back and forth between the writing and View perspectives.

Well, I’m here to tell you: Do not use the View function for content editing…use it only for design changes. Fack!

For those wondering, there’s seems to be a problem sometimes when using the back button to go back to the editing view; sometimes it get’s out of whack and goes back to an earlier version than the context of the actual View. Maybe it’s a Chrome thing, I don’t know, but it happened. If you go forward again to the View, the new content is still there, but back again still shows an older save. At that point you have to close the View and reopen a new tab to get the Write panel showing the current saved version of text again. I don’t know why, but it happened to me three times today, and I didn’t catch it on the last one… the big one.

Again, I need to find some time to look at this thread closer. It would be really nice to be able to write in one’s own text editor of choice—just like the designers get to do with cnk_versioning—and not have to copy/paste work.

What about xml-rpc and MarsEdit? Did that ever get anywhere?

#15 2012-09-13 21:10:38

uli

Sounds like the problem we’re having at the moment and trying to resolve with the webhosting. We had to explicitly reload each and every backend page after saving and changing panels in order to get the current version served. In all panels, Write, Page, Form, …
The hosting wrote to my client it might have something to do with the expires they’re setting for certain file types. We’re experimenting and it seems resolved, so worth talking to your hosting by all means. Reminds me that I need to ask them what had to be altered.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

Board footer