Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2011-06-16 06:54:12

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: Tom Reno Design

Yes, very nice indeed. Lots of lovely small details like the slide-stop sidebar that make it appear quite natural to use. Lovely.

textpattern back-end: maybe some more dribbble-like teasers? I’d love to know what that “Edit url title” button does, for example.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#14 2011-06-16 14:18:00

renobird
Website

Hey Jakob,

Thank you. :)

I can definitely put together some more details on the admin theme. And who knows, if there’s interest in helping me clean up the rough edges I would definitely release it as a packaged theme. The issue currently is that it requires some custom JS, and bot_wtc to move things around.

#15 2011-06-26 23:57:51

progre55

Reno:

Love the site and your work. I did have a couple of questions.

(1) The calendar for the school site you did, I am assuming you used Stef’s awsome plugin, but I am curious how you were able to achieve turning on and off selected items?
(2) The admin theme is perfect for a project that I have started it is clean and intutitive. I especially like how you handled the write tab and can I assume the integration of hak_tinymce —-
(3) I am curious how you cretaed the Article Order — did you use Stef’s custom tabs and if so how did you create such an organized lsiting — is it based off of section or categories?

Thanks.

progre55

#16 2011-06-27 01:05:24

renobird
Website

Progre55,

Thanks for the kind words. :)

1. Turning on/off calendar feeds is handled via cookies and jQuery. I’ll post some more details on that soon — truthfully I can’t recall exactly what I did — it wasn’t all that complicated though.

2. The admin theme relies heavily on bot_wtc, jmd_admin_js, stm_javascript, and a small bit of custom JS. The textile bar above the BODY uses a heavily customized version of mck_textilebar, incorporated with jmd_img_selector. It’s less of a theme, then it is rework of the write tab using plugins and JS.

3. The article order that I posted there is still a work in progress. I really need to convince a plugin developer to help me finish it properly. My PHP/MySQL skills aren’t up to the task. What you see there is a partially reworked version of stm_article_order. That now uses jQueryUI to achieve the sortable bit.

#17 2011-06-28 21:41:17

progre55

renobird:

Your welcome, but well deserved on the compliments.

The article order that I posted there is still a work in progress. I really need to convince a plugin developer to help me finish it properly. My PHP/MySQL skills aren’t up to the task. What you see there is a partially reworked version of stm_article_order. That now uses jQueryUI to achieve the sortable bit.

I hope that you are able to twist an arm or 2. I would be willing to contribute $$ to the efforts.

The reason for my ineterst is what I am trying to achieve using http://textpattern.org/plugins/1216/smd_tabber is to create a tab where the articles are organized by section and they are not displayed as a laundry list which would be unusuable for my current project. I am thinking in my head soemthing similiar to how http://textpattern.org/plugins/937/lam_accordion_section-for-admin-area works.

I have always felt that the current TXP article tab is difficult for the end user who has a large amount of articles to work with and I have a new project that has a large number of articles (but only a handful of sections) and I want the client to be able to easily manage them since they will be doing the content input and editing.

If you have any ideas I would welcome your suggestions.

progre55

Board footer