Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#31 2011-03-21 19:22:31

maruchan
Website

Re: New admin-side theme

Changed to a dropdown navigation system

Totally read my mind. This release is great!

One thing that sticks out: When you install a plugin, the preview page seems to display the whole thing right down the page, rather than offering a scrollbar/textarea type thing. Is that intentional?

Last edited by maruchan (2011-03-21 19:22:43)

#32 2011-03-22 13:06:31

kemie
Plugin Author
Website

I love the new dropdowns, really increasing my effectivity. I would like to see larger fonts overall, especially in the textareas. Great work, my current fav admin theme!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~| monolinea.com | pixilate.com | istockphoto.com/kemie |~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#33 2011-03-22 13:56:54

philwareham
Core designer
Website

I may look at the font size as it’s been mentioned a few times now – I’ll have to make slight adjustments to the left/right column widths to accommodate but should not be a problem. I also think the line height in the dropdown menus is too much so I’ll adjust that too while I’m at it.

I’ll also look into a solution for the plugin installation page length as flagged up by maruchan.

#34 2011-03-24 08:47:17

kemie
Plugin Author
Website

phil- I’ve made some mods to the stylesheet for bigger font sizes, and there was hardly any need to adjust other measurements. This is what “my” version looks like:

http://snpr.cm/vS8JBm.png

If it’s any use at all to you, I can send you the stylesheet so you can take a look

~~~~~~~~~~~~~| monolinea.com | pixilate.com | istockphoto.com/kemie |~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#35 2011-04-28 09:33:53

philwareham
Core designer
Website

I’ve not forgotten about this – just been busy last few weeks. Hopefully I’ll get a final version done over the next weekend. I’ll try to incorporate some of the comments/suggestions kindly made so far.
Cheers, Phil

#36 2011-05-24 21:42:19

philwareham
Core designer
Website

I’ve had a bit of a rethink on the layout of this theme, in particular the fixed width nature of it which is a waste of screen estate for those lucky enough to have a large monitor. So I’ve made central areas liquid with minimum and maximum widths – works better I think.

Unfortunately that means quite a recode of the layout and a bit more testing – but for the best in the long run. I’ll post an updated version soon though.

Also, font sizes have been enlarged as this was the single biggest gripe people had with the theme.

#37 2011-05-28 16:17:56

philwareham
Core designer
Website

The Hive theme has been updated to beta7, this was a major rewrite of all aspects of the theme based on issues I had using the theme for a number of months and some user comments in this thread.

Notable changes are…

1. Completely reworked layout structure – now has liquid widths (as much as the inbuilt table structure of Textpattern allows) down to 768px.
  2. All body fonts have been increased in size, as many users requested it.
  3. Header and navigation areas have been combined to save more screen estate.
  4. Many layout display fixes/re-jigs.
  5. Plugin and diagnostic content fields now have a default height assigned.
  6. CSS has been optimised more and labelled a bit better.
  7. Incorrect display of empty <ul> tag on login pages has been fixed (thanks Stef).
  8. Removed some plugin styling from custom.css as it’s fixed in main CSS file now.
    More plugin custom style will be added over time if major inconsistencies are discovered.

Due to the extensive rewrite I’ll need some brave beta testers to give me feedback on any broken pages, and any major/popular plugins that have serious display issues – in particular IE8 issues since I can’t do any testing in that browser until late next week. One thing to note is I’m not really supporting IE7 due to some modern CSS techniques being used in the theme – I may look at workarounds for that browser if I get enough requests but it will never look as nice as in a modern browser. IE6 is totally unsupported.

I plan to send this to textgarden.org next weekend or soon after once any major issues reported are fixed.

Cheers, Phil

#38 2011-05-28 22:04:51

maruchan
Website

Thanks, Phil. Just installed the latest, and it is very pleasant to work with.

#39 2011-05-31 15:57:44

philwareham
Core designer
Website

Another version, beta8 is now available. Changes are…

1. Plugin help page now has a fixed width to prevent long text linage.
  2. Added more padding to page bottom to allow for Chrome/Firefox/IE9 dynamic status bar.
  3. Made write page recent articles list decimal.
  4. Added subtle shadow around img on image content pages, so they stand out better.
  5. Fixed link to view site for multi-site installs.
  6. Fixed unwanted bold text on login page (IE7).
  7. Fixed z-index of nav menus falling behind txp-body (IE7).

I’ve tested the theme on a number of browsers now, and there will be additional fixes incoming soon for issues on IE7 and to a lesser extent IE8. Not tested on Opera yet.

#40 2011-06-02 18:51:14

philwareham
Core designer
Website

Version 1.0 is available – I’m also sending to textgarden.org so hopefully it will be hosted there too. I’ve tested extensively in most major browsers and even got IE7 to display well enough (though a more modern browser is preferred).

Latest changes…

1. Fixed incorrect length of a selects on image list page.
  2. Hovering on a label now changes cursor to pointer (because labels are clickable).
  3. Now includes selectivzr.js to allow advanced CSS3 selectors in older IE – resolves many rendering issues for those browsers now (IE7, IE8).
  4. Fixed display of lever popup help icons on form page (IE7, IE8).
  5. Fixed excessive padding of text fields and radio/checkboxes (IE7, IE8).
  6. Fixed wonky multi-edit fields formatting on list tfoot (IE7).
  7. Added hacks to workaround lack of box-sizing support (IE7).
  8. Fixed lack of bottom-margin on ‘popuphelp’ and ‘edit’ links in labels (IE7).

No doubt there will be some plugins that need extra styling, and I’ll investigate any those if I get reports from users that they are particular badly rendering in the theme.

Board footer