You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2011-03-23 07:20:07

Themroc
Plugin Author

Re: lum_usermenu - provide a customizable menu page

jpdupont wrote:

Hello,
Impossible to activate/install :
Fatal error: func_get_args(): Can’t be used as a function parameter …

Please try it with lum_p 0.2.1 (or upgrade your PHP to 5.3.0+ ;)

Edit:
The same for MattD.

Well, well, the joy of programming in PHP… One should always develop on a release that is at least 3 years old.

Last edited by Themroc (2011-03-23 07:52:50)

History teaches us that history teaches us nothing. — Voltaire

#14 2011-03-23 08:21:50

Themroc
Plugin Author

maverick wrote:

A couple of thoughts:
I’ve done some limited client testing and the response to the Go menu ideas is extremely positive. The idea that all the main shortcuts are available without hunting through tabs or drop downs is very well received. For the more visual oriented, the use of graphics is excellent.

Glad to hear that.

1. Move the preference panel to the Admin tab (thus keeping it available to all privileges) and/or creating an “options” link accessible from the plugins page

There should already be “Help” and “Options” links on the Admin/Plugins page.

1. Move the Go menu to Txp’s header as a replacement for the quicklink drop down menu. This will make it always visible from anywhere in the backend.

On my server, it is always visible, but that must be because i did this
Seems that hacking txp or implementing the menu as a theme are the only ways to achieve the always-visibility.

1. Move the location to the far left corner, or at least to the far left of the navigation menu (between the Txp logo and the Content tab or Home tab if it is being used).
  2. Use a modal window (semi-transparent sheet) / iframe – similar to how wet_quicklink and bot_image_upload work. This feels more integrated than clicking from where you are, to the “Go” tab, then clicking again to where you want to be.
  3. Have the modal window scale open and closed on a diagonal from the upper left to lower right.
  4. When you click on the preferred link, the window closes and you go to your selected location.
  5. Not sure if clicking the window open would be preferable or to have it open on hover. I suspect on hover, by reducing the extra click it would help the menu feel even more integrated and less like an extra step.

Yeah, that all sounds great! With some javascript, one could open some popup whenever the mouse goes to any corner of the browser-window or even have it pop up with a mouse gesture… I’ll think about it… Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts, and for doing my support duties!

#15 2011-03-23 08:45:48

Themroc
Plugin Author

maverick wrote:

You threw me with the change on the icon location! I had a moment of bewilderment when I saw no icons on the Go menu, and the missing drop down, and “no icons” message on the edit tab. I couldn’t figure out where my icons went! LOL.

Then I read the help thoroughly and saw you had changed the folder structure. I like the change, though. I was a bit uncomfortable with the icon folder in textpattern’s main folder – especially with needing the extra symlink with the multi-install and subdomain admin.

fwiw – I only have the one symlink – from my admin folder to the web folder and everything seems to be working fine. Is there something specific we need the symlink from the public folder to the web for? (the only think I can think of is maybe a web-based upload access for the icons?)

The Idea of this “web” thingie was to have one folder for all the stuff that has to be accessible from the outside via the web, like those icons and things like edit_area/ or ckeditor/. With it, one wouldn’t have to reconfigure hundrets of plugins and/or make lots of symlinks when switching to multi-site. So, the symlink in public/ was ment for future use, i thought it shouldn’t hurt to give the world access to these icons and js-libraries.

Cheers!

#16 2011-03-23 09:07:40

jpdupont

Thanks,

No more error with lump_p, but now :

Warning: unknown_callback_function: lum_um_go in /home/www/3370847b68efbfb60754cc52abf91b35/web/formation/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 697

when I click on the new tab or on the plugin option link.

#17 2011-03-23 10:07:56

Themroc
Plugin Author

jpdupont wrote:

Warning: unknown_callback_function: lum_um_go in /home/www/3370847b68efbfb60754cc52abf91b35/web/formation/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 697

when I click on the new tab or on the plugin option link.

Weird… Please try this:

1. Disable all the lum_XXX-plugins, uninstall lum_usermenu and then lum_p
  2. Reinstall lum_p 0.2.1 then lum_usermenu 0.9.2

If the error persists, go to the “Admin/Diagnostics” page and post (or pm) the content of the “Diagnostic info” box. If you don’t want to reveal stuff like “Site URL”, remove those lines.

Thanks!

#18 2011-03-23 11:44:33

jpdupont

1. 2 Plugins disabled
  2. BUT … impossible to delete the plugins ! I get this error :
Erreur lors du chargement du plugin lum_usermenu -> User_Warning: Unable to include plugin "lum_p" on line 564

textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:564 trigger_error()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(540) : eval()'d code:1 include_plugin()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:540 eval()
textpattern/include/txp_plugin.php:512 load_plugin()
textpattern/include/txp_plugin.php:36 plugin_multi_edit()
textpattern/index.php:143 include()

Fatal error: Call to undefined function lum_p_v_def() in /home/www/3370847b68efbfb60754cc52abf91b35/web/formation/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(540) : eval()'d code on line 18

...or this error :
Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'lum_p_lc_' was given in /home/www/3370847b68efbfb60754cc52abf91b35/web/formation/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(540) : eval()'d code(131) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'lum_p_lc_' was given in /home/www/3370847b68efbfb60754cc52abf91b35/web/formation/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(540) : eval()'d code(131) : eval()'d code on line 1
Textpattern

#19 2011-03-23 13:13:44

Themroc
Plugin Author

jpdupont wrote:

1. 2 Plugins disabled
  2. BUT … impossible to delete the plugins ! I get this error :

Erreur lors du chargement du plugin lum_usermenu -> User_Warning: Unable to include plugin “lum_p” on line 564

textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:564 trigger_error()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(540) : eval()’d code:1 include_plugin()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:540 eval()
textpattern/include/txp_plugin.php:512 load_plugin()
textpattern/include/txp_plugin.php:36 plugin_multi_edit()
textpattern/index.php:143 include()

Fatal error: Call to undefined function lum_p_v_def() in /home/www/3370847b68efbfb60754cc52abf91b35/web/formation/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(540) : eval()’d code on line 18

…or this error :

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, ‘lum_p_lc_’ was given in /home/www/3370847b68efbfb60754cc52abf91b35/web/formation/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(540) : eval()’d code(131) : eval()’d code on line 1

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, ‘lum_p_lc_’ was given in /home/www/3370847b68efbfb60754cc52abf91b35/web/formation/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(540) : eval()’d code(131) : eval()’d code on line 1
Textpattern

Oooops… this looks like lum_p is gone (or inactive) but lum_usermenu still tries to do something (which is odd, because without lum_p it should do nothing at all). I’m afraid that was my fault, the right thing would have been

1. Disable all the lum_XXX-plugins except lum_p, uninstall lum_usermenu and then lum_p
  2. Reinstall lum_p 0.2.1 then lum_usermenu 0.9.2
    Now, if you can reenable lum_p with the admin-interface, the deletion should be possible. Otherwise, open table txp_plugin with phpmyadmin, edit the row starting with lum_p and set the “status” field to 1. If you then still can’t get rid of the lum_ stuff via Admin/Plugins, just delete all the rows starting with lum_p, lum_usermenu and lum_um from txp_plugin, then do the same in table txp_prefs.

HTH

Edit:

After both plugins are gone from Admin/Plugins, better do this

delete all the rows starting with lum_p, lum_usermenu and lum_um from txp_plugin, then do the same in table txp_prefs

anyway, just to be sure…

Last edited by Themroc (2011-03-23 13:18:42)

#20 2011-03-23 13:26:35

jpdupont

Thanks,

Ok ! Seems to be working, now !

#21 2011-04-06 10:53:01

Themroc
Plugin Author

Thanks to Mike’s suggestions, it can now also be opened in a popup triggered by a mouse gesture. Thx, Mike! And sorry for another movement of the web/-folder, this will be the last one!

#22 2011-04-30 21:16:42

Themroc
Plugin Author

New version 0.9.4 with better mouse gesture support. Now works with jQuery UI or the good old overLIB. Plus, it can be triggered by mouse gestures without a button press.

Board footer