Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2010-08-19 10:04:15

kemie
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Include subcategories on category page?

nice and lean, hm, i think i’ll use this in combination with chh_article to have pagination too. thank you so much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~| monolinea.com | pixilate.com | istockphoto.com/kemie |~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#14 2010-08-19 12:28:57

merz1
Website

Sigh, some days I’m really frustrated with txp’s limitations.

Or in other words: Textpattern core has certain limitations on purpose. Overriding those limitations can come with a price (logic, security, performance, maintenance, …).

Lately many threads came up with questions regarding categories as CMS structure device. I am not sure – because I didn’t ask – but maybe some people who used ‘the other limited CMS for blogging’ were used to use categories not in the Textpattern way.

Textpattern is different but understanding the semantics and the limitations to solve a certain problem always helped (me) to find a more effective solution than trying to adopt/bend Textpattern in a way it was not built for as a CMS.

As always just my two cents…

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#15 2010-08-19 14:50:45

kemie
Plugin Author
Website

I actually have used txp almost exclusively as my CMS of choice the last few years, so my preconceptions of what it “should” do are based on my perhaps flawed logic, but not on any other CMSs. Not saying it’s the way things should be, perhaps it makes sense for 99% of the users/cases to have it work this way. Actually, this is the first case where the category structure/hierarchy has not worked as I expected it to. Anyway, I dont mean to moan, it’s just one of those weeks where progress is sloooow because of small things that don’t work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~| monolinea.com | pixilate.com | istockphoto.com/kemie |~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#16 2010-08-19 15:47:00

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

kemie wrote:

nice and lean, hm, i think i’ll use this in combination with chh_article to have pagination too. thank you so much!

Or you can use this txp tip:)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Board footer