Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#229 2013-06-15 22:59:05

ralf
Website

Re: smd_thumbnail: manage multiple thumbnails of your images

BINGO! STANDING OVATIONS!

One more time: thank you, Stef!
(Single quotes, my god. Not more than stupid single quotes. I was sure it will be at least something spectacular. Something the world never saw before.)

#230 2013-09-25 22:17:37

sacripant
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Steph,

I don’t find smd_thumbnail v0.30 beta in your website (beta page).
I’m downloaded v0.30 but i thinks it’s not for txp 4.5.
After installing, plugin as deleted all default thumbnails and plugin user interface is unusable.

Can you please please post a new link for download a 4.5 compatible.

Thanks

#231 2013-09-25 22:37:50

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

sacripant wrote:

I don’t find smd_thumbnail v0.30 beta in your website (beta page).

No, all my plugins that were beta went live yesterday so I removed the beta downloads to avoid confusion. Just catching up with some stuff before I trawl through them all and announce each one on the forum.

That said, v0.30 is for Txp 4.5.x. It does not (at least, it’s shouldn’t!) delete the default thumbnails, it merely hides them from the interface in lieu of displaying the thumbnail from your default smd_thumbnail profile. If you disable the plugin, the existing Txp thumbs will reappear. There are, however, options to allow the plugin to add and remove Txp thumbnails at the same time as smd_thumbnails are created/deleted.

plugin user interface is unusable.

Hmmm, in what way is it unusable? Broken layout? Missing UI elements? Completely garbled? I admit the layout of the plugin’s Profile table is not very pretty, but the columns do line up even if there are no table borders at the moment. I shall look into improving the appearance at some point, but if you can let me know what is happening in your version I can look into fixing that at the same time. It works on my test 4.5.4, and also in 4.6-dev..

I have spotted a slight annoyance insofar as the profile table disappears if there are no images, but I think that’s to do with Txp’s callback not firing if there are no images in the database. I’ll check that out.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#232 2013-09-26 08:20:00

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Bloke wrote:

I admit the layout of the plugin’s Profile table is not very pretty

Stef, if you send me a zip of your plugins I’ll look through the UI of each, and offer up HTML changes where I can.

#233 2013-09-26 08:26:32

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

philwareham wrote:

if you send me a zip of your plugins I’ll look through the UI of each, and offer up HTML changes where I can.

Wow, thank you. I may just do that.

I think this one just needs to have class="txp-list" added to it to take advantage of the UI goodness, and remove the id="list". Oh, and use <thead> / <tbody> too. But other plugins are a ‘mare. The workflow of smd_tags, for example, really needs some love because the UI and layout of the sea of tags is often truly awful (depending on which ‘view mode’ you choose).

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#234 2013-09-26 11:09:40

sacripant
Plugin Author
Website

Perhaps it’s a language file problem. My back office is in French. and plugin don’t find french textpack ?

Where is the option to keep the thumbnails visible in the list of images?

See captures :

#235 2013-09-26 11:24:36

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

The issue is that the plugin package doesn’t contain Textpacks (translations). Contents:

Array
(
    [name] => smd_thumbnail
    [author] => Stef Dawson
    [author_uri] => http://stefdawson.com/
    [version] => 0.30
    [description] => Multiple image thumbnails of arbitrary dimensions
    [help] => 
    [code] =>
    [type] => 5
    [flags] => 2
    [order] => 5
    [md5] => 26c2ca9fe4eea0c173a35c92f3b0d78d
)

No textpack property, no translations; untranslated interface. Same issue might be the reason for similar reports on Stef’s other plugins.

Last edited by Gocom (2013-09-26 11:29:11)

#236 2013-09-26 11:28:30

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

sacripant wrote:

Perhaps it’s a language file problem. My back office is in French. and plugin don’t find french textpack ?

Well, it’s supposed to load the English strings in regardless of language (because the plugin doesn’t specify a language explicitly so they’re loaded into the current default language). Sorry that it didn’t do it on installation. I think maybe the changes I made to ied_plugin_composer recently broke something on export. It works for exporting as a PHP file, just maybe not when exporting as zip/.txt. I’ll investigate.

Unfortunately there is no French translation available right now but you can grab the English strings and install them from your Admin->Prefs->Languages panel. That should at least make the interface a little prettier!

Where is the option to keep the thumbnails visible in the list of images?

Normally, when you upload a new image, smd_thumbnail will create new thumbs for each profile. It uses the default profile (Partenaires in your case) as the thumbnail for each image in the Images panel. If you have a bunch of existing images, they won’t yet have smd_thumbnails assigned to them so that’s where you need to twist down the Profiles sub-panel, hit Thumbnail tools and prefs and use the select list to choose which images to create thumbnails for en masse. Hit Create and it’ll go away and do it (counter will show you progress). Then when you revisit the Images panel you’ll see the thumbnails.

The various options on that Tools/Prefs panel allow you to control whether Txp’s thumbnails are kept in sync with smd_thumbnail’s default profile when you add/delete images. If you leave the boxes unchecked then Txp’s thumbnails will remain static exactly as they are now so if you disable or delete the plugin in future, the Txps thumbs will be as they are now, and may not have thumbnails for images uploaded since the plugin was installed.

#237 2013-09-26 11:30:54

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Bloke wrote:

It works for exporting as a PHP file, just maybe not when exporting as zip/.txt. I’ll investigate.

I believe rah_plugin_downloads doesn’t support Textpacks, unless you have modified it or are just merely kept the legacy download path for b/c.

Last edited by Gocom (2013-09-26 11:31:36)

#238 2013-09-26 11:35:34

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Gocom wrote:

I believe rah_plugin_downloads doesn’t support Textpacks

Ah that’s it. I just came to that conclusion about five femtoseconds before you posted this. I noticed yesterday it was a deprecated plugin, now I know I’ll have to change the download mechanism. Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited by Bloke (2013-09-26 11:35:56)

#239 2013-10-11 11:31:07

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Bloke wrote:

“(…) Unfortunately there is no French translation available right now (…)”

Not sure, Stef ;)

When I use your plugin, I can’t retrieve thumbnail informations.
I use this in order to have the alt text: <txp:smd_thumbnail_info type="my_type" item="alt" />.

I tried also this: <txp:smd_thumbnail_info type="my_type" debug="1" /> and I’ve got this:

++ AVAILABLE INFO ++
array (
)

I use TXP 4.5.5. and smd_thumbnail v0.30 on a fresh “Sinclair ZX spectrum” server.

Could you help me, Stef?
Tks lot ;)

Last edited by Pat64 (2013-10-11 11:34:46)

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#240 2013-10-11 12:13:01

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Pat64 wrote:

Not sure, Stef ;)

D’oh, forgot about that. Installed and now available, thanks for the reminder.

When I use your plugin, I can’t retrieve thumbnail informations.

Are you using the info tag inside a <txp:smd_thumbnail> wrapper? It requires that. Try adding debug to the wrapper tag to check it’s picking up the thumbnail(s) you expect. The smd_thumbnail_info tag doesn’t have a type attribute, btw.

Last edited by Bloke (2013-10-11 12:15:50)

Board footer