Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2011-01-11 15:04:37

jens31
Plugin Author
Website

Re: bot_image_upload: upload, sort, edit, show images in ‘write' tab

ok. you got me.
i thought, it was all about the path to the (not existing) images.
i wasnt sure how they get generated or what not (so i helped myself with creating my own..), which pointed me to the why use images anyways thought.

plus i only changed the css, i didnt touch the part between line 182 – 197 where some cryptic image creation happens..? dunno, where it is putting these..? i couldnt and still cant find the images on my server, so i guess they are not being created.. isnt there a path needed as well..?

ahhhh!! never mind, i guess its a waste of energy. (go for the text solution)
but anyways, i would still help, for sure!! (i am interested in how that image creation works as well..)

love
jnz

#62 2011-01-11 15:55:14

redbot
Plugin Author

Jens,
the images are not placed phisically in the filesystem, they are dinamically created each time you access the ‘write’ tab. See here for further clarifications.
To understand better try this:
take an image (possibly a small one) then go here , upload the image and generate the base64 code. As you can see you now have a strange character sequence similar to the one present in my plugin.
Using this code you can embed an image (or any other binary file) directly in a plugin (or in a mail or other text based documents).
If you want you can try the opposite way around: copy the base64 sequence in my plugin, paste it in the site I linked to, decode and you’ll obtain the icons I’m using.

All this mess was aimed at providing a simpler user experience (just install and go) but the bad experience you are having makes me doubt I’ve achieved what I wanted…

i only changed the css

This is exactly what I asked indeed

ahhhh!! never mind, i guess its a waste of energy. (go for the text solution)

Ok.
If someone will experience the same issues with multi-sites installs he’ll find some usefull infos here (thanks to the infos Matt linked to).
I’ll consider the case closed for now.

#63 2011-01-11 16:31:28

jens31
Plugin Author
Website

aight. dynamically created.
the interwebs is some crazy place, dude!!

so this is how it works:
“/?bot_image_img=delete”
“/?bot_image_img=edit”
“/?bot_image_img=bot_iu_loading”

#64 2011-01-11 22:31:31

redbot
Plugin Author

jens31 wrote:

so this is how it works:
“/?bot_image_img=delete”
“/?bot_image_img=edit”
“/?bot_image_img=bot_iu_loading”

Ok Jens,
I reopen the case for a moment to congratulate for having found a solution and close it again

#65 2011-01-12 00:59:45

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Adding my two cents to the case file.

Sweet! Glad it’s sorted.

Last edited by MattD (2011-01-12 01:00:04)

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#66 2011-01-16 15:40:43

aswihart
Website

redbot, I’m just getting to play around with your newly multi-image enabled plugin, and it’s fantastic! I found the area to change in the plugin so jbx_multiple_image_upload shows up, and it is integrating perfectly! Even EBL Image Edit seems to work! The checkbox “add” feature is very nice, and I love how you can see your images being added in the greyed out backround as you go. I’ll clearly be upgrading from my old lam_image_uploader, jmd_img_selector, bot_show_image plugin trio. You’ve pretty much eliminated the need for me to ever visit the Images tab!

As a final touch, we do need some way to rearrange the images. Even the simple up/down arrow interface from bot_file_upload would be great. As others mentioned, drag and drop would be ideal, but maybe this is asking too much?

Another possible feature request that you might consider: an option to automatically select (‘add’ checkbox) single or multi-uploaded images upon upload completion? This isn’t crucial, but would save a few extra clicks for the user. At that point all you would need to do is“click-click-click and drag-click-click” to have any number of images uploaded and associated with the current article! Using lam_image_uploader (which auto-associates newly uploaded single images), each image takes three clicks to upload, so going to five clicks for unlimited images would be a huge step forward. Some day…three clicks…some day.

I want to make a donation for all your hard work on this, please let me know if you have a Paypal link or something. Thanks again.

Last edited by aswihart (2011-01-16 19:52:17)

#67 2011-01-16 20:04:19

redbot
Plugin Author

aswihart wrote:

…As a final touch, we do need some way to rearrange the images. Even the simple up/down arrow interface from bot_file_upload would be great. As others mentioned, drag and drop would be ideal, but maybe this is asking too much?

Hi aswihart,
I avoided to include drag’ndrop untill now because it will probably require to use the jquery ui files but since you are not the first one to ask for it I think I’ll consider it.

Another possible feature request that you might consider: an option to automatically select (‘add’ checkbox) single or multi-uploaded images upon upload completion?…

Once again you are suggesting something I already thought to add (but not for multi-uploaded images since ti will require interacting with another plugin).

I want to make a donation for all your hard work on this, please let me know if you have a Paypal link or something. Thanks again.

Hey thanks! If you really want you can find a donation button in each plugin page on my site

#68 2011-01-16 21:42:10

aswihart
Website

redbot wrote:

Once again you are suggesting something I already thought to add (but not for multi-uploaded images since ti will require interacting with another plugin).

Fair enough, maybe you can point me to the relevant areas in your plugin when and if you add this feature for single images, and I will try my hand at transferring the logic to jbx_multiple_image_upload. It’s a long shot, but I don’t see it happening any other way.

I’ve made some tiny changes to the plugin code for this and jbx_multiple… to simplify the pop-up display. This looks great to me, it’s easy to tell what you can do quickly with this prompt. I may try floating the image list to make more of a grid display if I can figure it out.

EDIT: I came back here looking for the changes I made and found nothing, so now I’ll post how to edit the plugin code to get a bot_image_upload screen like the screenshot linked above.

Comment out or remove the line below as follows (around lines 380-400, depending on your plugin version):

// iframe.find("#jbx_div").remove(); // Removes jbd_multiple_upload

…and add these lines after it:

iframe.find(".upload-form").remove(); // Removes original (single) image upload form
bc. iframe.find("#list .category").hide(); // Removes the image category (nice if you you don't use it)

Last edited by aswihart (2011-06-06 17:47:50)

#69 2011-01-16 22:24:44

redbot
Plugin Author

aswihart wrote:

Fair enough, maybe you can point me to the relevant areas in your plugin when and if you add this feature for single images, and I will try my hand at transferring the logic to jbx_multiple_image_upload. It’s a long shot, but I don’t see it happening any other way.

Ok, I’ll add it to the plugin help if I find a way to achieve it.

I’ve made some tiny changes to the plugin code for this and jbx_multiple… to simplify the pop-up display.

Very good, I always thought this plugin should be considered as a base for further site-specific customizations

This looks great to me, it’s easy to tell what you can do quickly with this prompt. I may try floating the image list to make more of a grid display if I can figure it out.

Ehm, if you are referring to the standard txp image list I fear you can’t since is an html table (or maybe are you talking about some image list generated by jbx_multiple… I can’t remember well how it works now).

#70 2011-02-04 19:03:20

redbot
Plugin Author

Version 0.5 is out.

Changes:
  • Addeded (optional) drag’n‘drop support for easy images sorting in the ‘write’ tab’
  • Uploaded and edited images are now selected by default
  • Should work with multi-site installs

Installation

Install the plugin the standard way. If you want sorting capability you must also upload the ui script which comes with the download to the textpattern directory. Another directory can be used but you have to configure the plugin accordingly changing the ‘bot_iu_ui_path’ entry in plugins configuration

aswihart wrote:

…Another possible feature request that you might consider: an option to automatically select (‘add’ checkbox) single or multi-uploaded images upon upload completion

Andrew, while single uploaded images are now selected by default, I don’t think there is a simple way to make it work for multiple uploads throught jbx_multiple_image_upload.
Anyway, if – after uploading – you’ll edit these images to add a caption or an alt text they will be checked. I think it’s an acceptable compromise.

Download from first post

#71 2011-02-04 19:05:55

jens31
Plugin Author
Website

i love you.

#72 2011-02-04 19:25:04

redbot
Plugin Author

jens31 wrote:

I love you.

Wow, but it’s better you don’t speak too soon. First make sure the plugin works properly ;-)

Board footer