monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

Re: TXP Tweet: arc_twitter and arc_twitter_intents

SuMu wrote:

Hi

problems width Ü, Ä, Ö – umlauts
see here
bottom of the page, when clicking the link , #München – hyperlinked only is the M

clicking on #Ehemann – the url output is : http://twitter.com/#search?q=%2523Ehemann

is understandable ;-) ?

There is a problem with the hashtags being encoded for some reason. Not really sure why as nothing with that part of the code has changed, but I am investigating. As for the umlauts, I suspect that no accented letters are being correctly linked. I will look into sorting this as I am sure many will come across this issue.

#86 2010-06-26 08:45:17

SuMu
Website

thanks, I just wanted to share it

viele Grüße
SuMu

Psychomuell + blogZicke

#87 2010-07-04 20:20:14

oliverker
Plugin Author
Website

Hey Andy,
Can’t seem to get arc_twitter to work on the domain sw.oliverker.com since the update, I’ve tried deleting and re-uploading, but doesn’t even ant to pull in tweets from the twitter account, do you have to connect via twitter to just get the tweets? I have tried connecting via the admin but getting errors.

I also got this error on install from deleting it.

Warning: Table 'stefanwolff_txp.arc_twitter' doesn't exist ALTER TABLE arc_twitter MODIFY COLUMN tweet_id BIGINT(20); in /home/oliverkerdev/sw.oliverker.com/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 85

cheers
Oli

#88 2010-07-05 17:48:24

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

oliverker wrote:

Hey Andy,
Can’t seem to get arc_twitter to work on the domain sw.oliverker.com since the update, I’ve tried deleting and re-uploading, but doesn’t even ant to pull in tweets from the twitter account, do you have to connect via twitter to just get the tweets? I have tried connecting via the admin but getting errors.

To use the tags you shouldn’t have to connect to Twitter for authentication as long as you define the account user name in the tag attributes and that the account has public tweets. Is the plugin failing to connect? Is the site admin at [site-url]/textpattern? There are known issues with multi-site installs, but fixable.

I also got this error on install from deleting it.

Warning: Table 'stefanwolff_txp.arc_twitter' doesn't exist ALTER TABLE arc_twitter MODIFY COLUMN tweet_id BIGINT(20); in /home/oliverkerdev/sw.oliverker.com/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 85

cheers
Oli

Not sure why the SQL is failing, when does this happen? At a fresh install, update, or install after deleting the plugin?

#89 2010-07-07 16:52:33

eddiemw

Hi Andy, This is a fantastic plugin and worked really until I just tried to upgrade to your latest release, with no success – I deleted the previous install and uploaded latest beta only to keep getting the following warning:

Warning: Table ‘web45-so_uk548w.arc_twitter’ doesn’t exist ALTER TABLE arc_twitter MODIFY COLUMN tweet_id BIGINT; in /home/sites/eddiewade.co.uk/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 85

Any ideas? The prevoius install seemed to work fine…

Cheers,

Eddie

#90 2010-07-08 17:18:38

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

eddiemw wrote:

Hi Andy, This is a fantastic plugin and worked really until I just tried to upgrade to your latest release, with no success – I deleted the previous install and uploaded latest beta only to keep getting the following warning:

Warning: Table ‘web45-so_uk548w.arc_twitter’ doesn’t exist ALTER TABLE arc_twitter MODIFY COLUMN tweet_id BIGINT; in /home/sites/eddiewade.co.uk/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 85

Any ideas? The prevoius install seemed to work fine…

Cheers,

Eddie

I’ve had a couple of people have an issue with that. I will investigate. I assume this is a fresh install and not an upgrade?

#91 2010-07-13 13:51:46

eddiemw

Hi Andy,

Thanks for getting back.. yes it was a clean install. I deleted the previous version and installed the new one.

However, I have been persevering and after the fourth attempt, despite the same database warning message on install, it worked fine and seems to function Ok as far as I can tell…weird huh?

Many thanks for all your hard work and effort in creating this fantastic plugin.

Cheers,

Eddie

#92 2010-07-15 15:46:22

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Just a thought here because I have also had this database warning several times and what I find is that going straight to the “Options” and saving them seems to cure it. To me that suggests that maybe the required tables aren’t being created until the “Options” save??

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#93 2010-07-18 20:22:38

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

thebombsite wrote:

Just a thought here because I have also had this database warning several times and what I find is that going straight to the “Options” and saving them seems to cure it. To me that suggests that maybe the required tables aren’t being created until the “Options” save??

I managed to recreate this error earlier today, although it had no effect on me installing the plugin, it was just more of a warning as everything else worked fine. However, I am going to strip the guilty culprit out of the code as I suspect it is beginning to become redundant. It was intended for those upgrading from version 0.2.1 to fix the arc_twitter table. Saving the options has nothing to do with the issue as it all happens on the magical plugin install callback, but thanks for the comment.

If by removing it it will cause issues for those upgrading from very old versions of the plugin then I will look into providing some form of “mend tables” function under the options tab for making the required corrections.

#94 2010-07-24 07:06:51

visualpeople
Website

I think I just figured out the hashtag problem —

The code has http://www.twitter.com/…

But Twitter automatically redirects a url with www to just the plain ol’ http://twitter.com. for some reason on the hashtag links, it adds an extra couple of characters in when it does that.

Changing the plugin code with a simple find and replace in (I think just) three places from http://www.twitter.com to http://twitter.com seems to fix the problem.

Hope that helps,
-Ryan

#95 2010-07-24 11:03:17

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

visualpeople wrote:

I think I just figured out the hashtag problem —

The code has http://www.twitter.com/…

But Twitter automatically redirects a url with www to just the plain ol’ http://twitter.com. for some reason on the hashtag links, it adds an extra couple of characters in when it does that.

Changing the plugin code with a simple find and replace in (I think just) three places from http://www.twitter.com to http://twitter.com seems to fix the problem.

Hope that helps,
-Ryan

Thanks Ryan that’s fixed it! I went back and checked some earlier versions of the plugin and it seems that when v1.0beta was released the url got changed by mistake.

The ALTER TABLE bug has now also been removed as of v1.0.3beta; however, as a result I have decided to drop support for upgrades from v0.2.1 or older. Hopefully this won’t affect people, but it is really important people check the version they are upgrading from before installing the latest release. If you are using a very old version (and missing out on loads of new features since released) then upgrade using v1.0.2beta first otherwise your arc_twitter database table will not be correct and won’t store all the information needed for some features of TXP Tweet.

You can get the latest two releases from the plugins homepage.

#96 2010-07-24 12:57:57

reid
Website

I’m getting an error on the article write page when I switch “Twitter update” from no to yes and then click save:

Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /users/home/photodude/web/public/textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php on line 2815

The update posts to twitter as expected, so it seems this error doesn’t affect function (though it does screw the CSS rendering in the theme I’m using). Just thought you should know about it.

TextPattern user since 04/04/04

Board footer