#85 2019-10-22 10:40:49

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: smd_article_stats: Article stats to count words 'n stuff

New version 0.5.0 is out for Txp 4.7.x (finally):

• Registered public tag.
  • Fixed erroneous template comment.
  • Updated and fixed available stats panel locations for 4.7 UI (thanks, phiw13).
  • Corrected and expanded French language Textpack (thanks, phiw13).

As always, report any issues and I’ll tend to them when I can. Enjoy!

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#86 2019-10-22 11:01:27

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Bloke wrote #319812:

Registered public tag.

Hehe, we’ve finally found a method :-)

#87 2019-10-23 06:59:56

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Small issue (v 0.5.0): on the plugin panel, clicking on the “options” link leads to a restricted page instead of the expected prefs panel Going manually to the Prefs panel > smd_article_stats works fine.

The URL I get from the plugins panel: /textpattern/index.php?event=plugin_prefs.smd_article_stats

This is on my local testing install running 4.8.0 dev. But same result on a live server running TXP latest release.

The options link for some other (smd_) plugins work as expected.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#88 2019-10-23 10:46:55

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

phiw13 wrote #319833:

on the plugin panel, clicking on the “options” link leads to a restricted page instead of the expected prefs panel

Good catch, thank you. Fixed in v0.5.1.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#89 2020-03-09 12:59:27

M_i

Hi,

I’m updating an ancient Textpattern site that I built back in 2006 because my host is shutting off PHP 5.4 soon. I started out with Textpattern 4.0.4 on PHP 5.4 and have managed to update to Textpattern 4.8, which I have running on PHP 7.2.

Now I’m trying to get all the plugins up and running again, and hit a little snag with this one. On the old TXP 4.0.4 site, using version 0.21 of this plugin, I had a <txp:smd_article_stats item=“body” /> tag on both the form for the article itself and on article list forms, and both worked. On the updated site, running version 0.5.1 of smd_article_stats, the word count only displays on the individual article, not on the article lists.

From the documentation, I’m not entirely sure if it’s even supposed to show a word count on article lists, or that it’s exclusively for individual articles, but as said, it used to work. Should it still work? And if not, is there another plugin I could try to display word count on article lists?

Any help would be much appreciated!
thanks,
iris

#90 2020-03-09 13:37:54

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

M_i wrote #322104:

<txp:smd_article_stats item=“body” /> tag on both the form for the article itself and on article list forms, and both worked. On the updated site, running version 0.5.1 of smd_article_stats, the word count only displays on the individual article, not on the article lists.

That’s strange. It should work the same. On article lists, Txp jumps to “individual article” context whenever each article is rendered via the list form, so it has access to all the article information like title, body text, and custom fields, etc.

I shall test it on my site when I’m back at my laptop and let you know if I find anything untoward. If not, we can have a go at debugging why you’re seeing this behaviour on your site.

#91 2020-03-09 14:28:46

M_i

Bloke wrote #322105:

I shall test it on my site when I’m back at my laptop and let you know if I find anything untoward. If not, we can have a go at debugging why you’re seeing this behaviour on your site.

No need! I removed and reinstalled the plugin (before, I installed the current plugin without first removing the old version), hit save on the preference tab a couple of times, edited the article list form so the smd_article_stats tag was outside the if_custom_field tag it was in before and then put it back in again, saving the form a couple of times in the process — and I don’t know which of those did it, but it’s working as expected again!

Thank you so much for your super quick response!

#92 2021-02-06 14:19:57

sambooth74
Website

Hi, is anyone able to post the distributable text version of this plugin please? I downloaded the version from GitHub but I can’t install PHP on this machine to generate it myself, and I don’t have SSH access on my web host. Many thanks.

#93 2021-02-06 14:27:33

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

sambooth74 wrote #328577:

Hi, is anyone able to post the distributable text version of this plugin please?

The .txt file is on the GitHub releases page :)

Last edited by Bloke (2021-02-06 14:27:49)

#94 2021-02-06 17:33:43

sambooth74
Website

Bloke wrote #328580:

The .txt file is on the GitHub releases page :)

I am rubbish at GitHub. Thanks a lot!

#95 2021-02-06 22:08:37

jakob
Admin
Website

Hi Sam and welcome to the forum.

That looks like an interesting website you have (not least to me as I used to live in Sheffield many moons ago and loved walking in the Peak District) but it looks like you are missing your .htaccess file as the links to the sections and articles output a 404. If I recall correctly, your webserver (LiteSpeed) can support .htaccess files.

It’s easily overlooked as files starting with a dot are hidden in most operating systems so it can be missed when copying (here’s how to show hidden files on windows; on a Mac COMMAND + SHIFT + . (dot) toggles show hidden files in the Mac Finder). You just need to upload that to the base directory of your textpattern installation on your server.
If you can’t see it, make a regular text file called htaccess (without dot for the moment) on your computer and paste in the contents from GitHub. Then upload that file to your server in the base directory of your site, and rename it on your server using your FTP program or similar to have the . in front.

And if that still doesn’t work, you can set your URL pattern to ?=messy under Admin › Settings › Site and it should work without any .htaccess at all.

PS: We had a regular Textpattern user who did lots of walks in your region and elsewhere (particularly from the Manchester side) and documented them similarly with photos. I’ll see if I can find him Found him: he’s called James Lomax but hasn’t been around in the forum for a few years now. (PPS: I was curious what happened to him: You can find him on Twitter where he’s still busy walking, philosophising and chronicling what he sees).

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer