Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2009-10-14 13:00:22

els

Re: [contrib] Niche is good, but...

hcgtv wrote:

upgrading to FluxBB 1.4 would be best… should be able to find someone in the FluxBB community to help in the upgrade process…

Bloke wrote:

Cool. So short of installing a brand new forum and leaving this one closed as legacy reference only, all this needs is a champion to draft in some external resources and oversee an upgrade? Awesome.

The forum software has been discussed elsewhere. The various options and suggestions made in that thread are being considered. Reviving the discussion in other topics is not going to add much IMO.

Having said that, please continue the Txp pasta shapes development ;)

#14 2009-10-14 13:23:17

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Els wrote:

The various options and suggestions made in that thread are being considered.

Sorry, my bad. Hadn’t seen a post there for a while. If you need access to any resources required for the rebranding, throw some rocks this way.

please continue the Txp pasta shapes development ;)

In talks with Heinz ;-)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#15 2009-10-14 13:30:35

els

Bloke wrote:

In talks with Heinz ;-)

Oh come on! At least go to a decent Italian brand ;)

#16 2009-10-14 18:06:10

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

hcgtv wrote:

Gocom is doing some great work in the plugin arena, maybe he has the time to get involved in textpattern.org?

Bloke wrote:

Gocom would be great yes. I’d start it myself if only I could track down someone who has a Publisher login/FTP access and could furnish a few more people with those privileges. Nobody seems to know who is the current maintainer though (well I don’t, and nobody’s offered any ideas afaik). Answers on a postcard to the usual address…

Is Ruud the current owner? Or isn’t?

Apart of the owner thing, if we want to get the automagic plugin update notify “feed” system, I can offered me to get involved with it. I’m not so interested in updating or designing the site, but I can do the system, or part of it.

#17 2009-10-14 18:59:27

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

I never had FTP access on TXP.org nor am I the owner (Dean owns the domain, I think). I just have a publisher login from when I helped Alicson (who does have FTP access) move TXP.org to version 2.

#18 2009-10-14 19:03:30

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Gocom wrote:

Is Ruud the current owner? Or isn’t?

I don’t know yet. I would have thought if he was he’d have said so by now. I’ll ask. Someone must have a login somewhere!

if we want to get the automagic plugin update notify “feed” system, I can offered me to get involved with it. I’m not so interested in updating or designing the site, but I can do the system, or part of it.

That’d be brilliant, thanks. If Jonathan can do the visual stuff / site design and you (perhaps me as well if I get time) can look into the system side of things to really make it cook then we’ll be most of the way there. Anyone else is a bonus. I’ll probably try to trawl through the content and move the tips/tricks/any useful mods that haven’t been nuked out of the water by 4.2.0 over to Textbook.

I’ll mail some folk now to find out who has a login and FTP access.

EDIT: Aha! Thanks for the clarification, ruud. Fancy getting involved with this project or not?

Last edited by Bloke (2009-10-14 19:04:54)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#19 2009-10-15 06:36:39

lozmatic
Website

I’m curious as to what the new txp.com will be communicating.

I hope that there will be big badass buttons pointing to content telling people how good TXP is and they should use it (or die).

Will someone draft a press release of some sort and fire it off to relevant publishers?

Would be good to have a bit of a heads up about when things are going to happen so we can get ready to publish blog posts on our own sites and perhaps and things like that.

#20 2009-10-15 14:25:56

alicson
Website

Thanks for contacting me, Stef :)

Dean owns the domain, I have the keys, ruud is a master the universe and this project would be most successful with him on board.

Shall we start a group email or something to distribute access, etc.?

Also, hi! I’ve missed this place.

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

#21 2009-10-15 20:24:06

hakjoon
Website

Alicson!!

Welcome back.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#22 2009-10-16 00:41:50

lozmatic
Website

alicson wrote:

Shall we start a group email or something to distribute access, etc.?

Basecamp is a great online collaboration space in case a project is being born and PM stuff such as milestones, scope, tasks, etc… need to be tracked. Basecamp features discussions where people can participate via a board or by email.

I wouldn’t mind helping out and I’m sure other people would be more than happy to contribute too.

#23 2009-10-16 08:23:02

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

lozmatic wrote:

I hope that there will be big badass buttons pointing to content telling people how good TXP is

lol. Well the download button is huge, does that count?

Will someone draft a press release of some sort and fire it off to relevant publishers?

Sure, gimme a list of who you deem relevant publishers (‘cos I’ve no idea) and I’ll see what I can get organized. Someone round these parts must be good at press release-type stuff.

Would be good to have a bit of a heads up about when things are going to happen

One section needs its copy text and navigation tightening, then I think we’re just waiting for Stuart to come back and check everything still works. I’m happy with how it looks now, the legacy FAQs are in the process of being moved and nobody else has complained about the site (I don’t know how many people have actually seen the latest iteration, mind you).

There might be a few font tweaks that need doing based on feedback we’ve had, but as I’m rubbish at that sort of thing someone else will no doubt play with it.

Basecamp is a great online collaboration space

Yes, it’s great, but not free :-( Unless you happen to have an account we can hijack…?

Thanks to Alicson’s boundless enthusiasm I’ve initiated discussion with a bunch of people who have pledged to help out with txp.org (thanks!). As soon as we’ve formalised what’s going on and how we’re going to tame the site, we’ll keep everyone up to date via the forum.

Last edited by Bloke (2009-10-16 08:24:09)

#24 2009-10-19 18:30:13

alicson
Website

::grins and waves at Patrick::

@lozmatic Basecamp is always a solid suggestion; I’ve used it both with success and without — it depends entirely on how much the group users utilize it. Otherwise, email/a shared Google document can be even more collaborative. Whatever the active participants are most comfortable with :)

We’ve starting movement on some steps in this whole leaping forward process; if you’re interested in getting your hands dirty with us, send an email or something and hop into the sandbox :)

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

Board footer