Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2004-11-24 00:10:39

spchampion
Archived Plugin Author

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] spc_section_alias - Section renaming and management plugin.

No problem. If you have any suggestions for improving the documentation, do let me know. I don’t have a lot of free time these days, but I might be able to add another “Quick Note” at the bottom of the first post. :)

#74 2004-12-22 17:31:44

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] spc_section_alias - Section renaming and management plugin.

I am working with some code that should create a section dropdown (assuming I am doing this correctly).

From the default Template:
<code><form> <select NAME=“site” onChange=“jumpTo(this);”> <option selected value>Archives <txp:spc_section_alias_iterate form=“section_list” /> </select>
</form></code>

From the section_list form:
<code><option value=’<txp:spc_section_alias_link />’ ><txp:spc_section_alias_name /></option></code>

The output:
<code><form> <select NAME=“site” onChange=“jumpTo(this);”> <option selected value>Archives <option value=’<a href=”/txp/kubrick/article/” title=“Article” >Article</a>’ ></option>

</select>
</form></code>

Is there a way to output just the URL without all the extra code as <code><txp:spc_section_alias_link /></code> does? Or to incorporate option into txp:spc_section_alias_iterate?

Last edited by michaelkpate (2004-12-22 17:32:39)

#75 2004-12-22 18:29:32

spchampion
Archived Plugin Author

The way I would do this is to use something like this in the form:

<code>
<!— Clean URLs —>
<option value=’/<txp:spc_section_alias_section />’ ><txp:spc_section_alias_name /></option>

<!— Messy URLs —>
<option value=’/?s=<txp:spc_section_alias_section />’ ><txp:spc_section_alias_name /></option>
</code>

Last edited by spchampion (2005-08-25 14:44:18)

#76 2005-03-01 15:26:04

hablablow
Website

hi there,
don’t know if this one is still active… Anyway…
just can’t understand / make the plugin work
I would like to use your plugin to assign id’s to customize a section list wrapped in li elements.
I followed the example you provide in this thread
created a form named section_prefix with:

txp:spc_section_alias section=“1” title=“aaa” name=“bbb” description=“xxx”

to output something on my default page added

txp:output_form form=“section_prefix”

and…nothing happens…Might be obvious for you…but i’m lost by the lack of basic docs and my newbie status… So if you could give me a push i would appreciate…
Thanks

Last edited by hablablow (2005-03-01 15:27:23)

_
_I plant seeds for future visions. Farmer of your eyes. Subliminal engineer of your minds. eion founder__

Hablablow + Webdesignofficina

#77 2005-03-09 11:20:01

nardo

anyone noticed funny behaviour with RC3? I’m on about rev 175 or so

tags aren’t outputting the alias ID or alias title for me — and I’ve checked the obvious user errors (forgetting to call it at the top of the page, etc)

#78 2005-04-25 05:46:11

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Allow me just to warm up this a little.In any case this seems like a very complex plug in.
I had been experimenting with some more simple plugins in order to achieve what I want.
rdt_dynamenus did not work for me since it lacks in flexibility of adapting the template to the sections (each relying on conditional stuff)
What I am trying to achieve is having the same page template for all sections,but still have the flexibilty to display what ever I want.
I have been trying also with Remillards mdm_sectionlink, but that has two problems.
1)will not allow you to display the section name in the URL
2)appends additional sections that reiside in the admin panel solely as links.
I’ll try now with ako_nav to see what I get,but my question is this:
I s that plugin suitable for having a selection of section being displayed
and does it work with if conditionals in form tags for articles ?

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#79 2005-04-25 14:12:14

soulship
Website

hablablow

I think this is one of the most useful plug-ins available. It is a little intensive to get it set up the first time, but after that you have a working “template” to copy/paste from to get you jump started if you re-use it on another site. The key here that gets overlooked is that you have to have the tag txp:output_form form=“alias” just under your boy tag in your page template.

And then where you want the nav on the same page place the *txp:spc_section_alias_iterate form=“section_list” wraptag=“ul” break=“li” * tag.

So you’ll have 2 forms:

section_list=

*txp:spc_section_alias_link *

and

alias=

*txp:spc_section_alias section=“default” title=“Home” name=“Home”
description=“Home”*

*txp:spc_section_alias section=“Portraits” title=“Portraiture” name=“Portraiture”
description=“Portraiture” *

*txp:spc_section_alias section=“Weddings” title=“Weddings and Bridal” name=“Weddings and Bridal”
description=“Weddings and Bridal” * etc.etc.etc.

You can see it working great <a href=“www.studioqphotography.com”>here</a>… for long section names.

Nardo I have rev 297 working with this and 307 and I have’nt seen any problem creep up on those. You might want to update if you’re having problems.

and

marios

I have this working with conditionals on a site without a problem, but I’m not sure I understand exactly how you are using them. I have found that they can be touchy with some plugins. I could’nt get several things working right with glx_if, but mdn_if? worked fine.

Jamie

#80 2005-04-25 14:16:31

soulship
Website

What I did was save a little txt file with all of my basics for the necessary forms along with my copy of the plugin, so that when i went to re-use it I had a nice head start.

#81 2005-04-25 16:48:15

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Soulship ,many thanks,in any case link in your post returns a 404 ,that is because the URL is appended mistakenly to the forum URL,
jBut ust to return to the topic.
My Idea is this, with all that super flexibility of tp ,I had the Idea that using one page template will save you a lot of page reloads,which seemed to be important to me for several reasons.
Second, the sections son’t need to by dynamic like in rdt_dynamenous for example,but I want to achieve full flexibility in the way I use articles through sections and conditional form tags.
So one major thing I think is the ability to apply an active class to the list items,depending on the section,and second the ability to cross display articles in all variety of manners thinkable,like lists excerpts with so many word count here,so many there, stuff like that.
If there is something available that can do that I don’t know yet.
(rdt_dynamenous can do active state eg)
But if ther isn’t I might attempt at some point to hack something like that in.
mdp_sectionmenu doesn’t do active.
But I’m sure that ob1_if section would be a pretty convenient combination with one of the the previous mentioned plugins.

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#82 2005-04-26 02:13:10

soulship
Website

Hmmm that is a mighty tall order. I will have to play around with one of my installs on this. I does sound feasable, not to mention practical. So you want aliasing of section names, within a menu, that will reflect “you are here” style active state. I think I understand what you’re shooting for now at any rate.

Jamie

#83 2005-04-27 20:27:26

marios
Archived Plugin Author

I think that what I have dreamed of is not achievable yet.I tried now allso with mdp_sectionmenu ,but I am getting errors from some other plugins.
and I can not get the articles to get displayed correctly.(I am getting double display) styled and unstyled.
Of course it is still to early for me to fiddle around with the code.
But I will continue my research on all available plugins and try different combinations.
So far so good,it doesn’t work as I thought but at least I gain some experience.

ragards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#84 2005-04-28 14:49:42

spchampion
Archived Plugin Author

Hi everyone! I’ve not been around for a while on account of applying to grad school and everything. Actually, I got in (I start at Cornell in the fall). That and I sort of figured that Textpattern was dead since it hasn’t been updated in like 7 months (and I might add that RC1 was really broken for me). Quite honestly, I’m shocked that people are still here.

Marios, I’m not sure I understand what you’re asking for, but I think you want to investigate the groups and “this” tag syntax. Look at “Quick Note #2” in my original post on page one and see if that makes sense. You might also review how groups are handled so that you can create you own arbitrary lists of section names. I think, if I understand what you’re saying, that will solve both of your problems.

Last edited by spchampion (2005-04-28 14:52:56)

Board footer