Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2004-10-30 07:10:09

humanoid

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] spc_section_alias - Section renaming and management plugin.

Looks like I ran into an existing bug

http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?id=4577

#50 2004-11-05 12:46:32

andreas
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] spc_section_alias - Section renaming and management plugin.

spchampion, thanks for this plugin.

One question, however: where does the “main tag” (i.e. <txp:spc_section_alias /> have to be present in order for all of this to work? I have my navigation hard-coded at the moment and don’t have the time to redo all of that although that would obviously be a use for the “main tag”.

Can I use, say, spc_section_alias_article_name without using the “main tag” anywhere? Or how could I build in <txp:spc_section_alias /> without its contents showing up?

Last edited by andreas (2004-11-05 12:49:29)

#51 2004-11-05 16:32:33

alexandra

Hie andreas,

i am just investigating this nice plugin. i had some trouble to understand the way it works. i followed spchampions instructions on previous page carefully.

You use the tag <code><txp:spc_section_alias name=xxx” etc. /></code> with all the attributes needed in a form. (see:prefix form in instruction) This form has to be placed on a page. it doesnt put out anything at all. to get some output you place f. e.
<code><txp:spc_section_alias_name /></code>
on the same page which puts out the name of the section you assigned in the prefix form.

Another example: i put this tag: <code><txp:spc_section_alias_article_link /></code> into the default article form. the output is the sectionsname as link for every article. hitting the link, you get all articles belonging to that section. works similar to categories.

well, hope this helps you or some other people. its a great plugin. mysteriously i had some problems with the selections at first. no idea what went wrong. switching off and on the pc helped :)

alex

ps to answer andreas last question: you need to place the prefix form on the page to get some output for the other tags! but the prefix itself doesn´t put out anything at all.

Last edited by alexandra (2004-11-05 16:52:39)

#52 2004-11-05 17:09:18

andreas
Website

thanks, alexandra.

I had figured it out in the meantime but it’s good to have the confirmation that I really did find the right way to implement this great plugin.

#53 2004-11-08 21:16:21

spchampion
Archived Plugin Author

Andreas,

I apologize for not seeing your question sooner. I’ve been traveling the last several days and I’ve not been around the forum. I’m glad Alexandra could answer your question. Best of luck with the plugin!

#54 2004-11-08 23:29:13

alexandra

Hie Stanton,
well come back.. and here another question :)

i selected an unorganized list of all section on frontpage. hitting one of the links i noticed that my IE6 is not loading the section correctly*. Firefox is okay but laoding takes longer than again in Opera. I chequed your page and the archiv page f. e. takes at least 3 seconds in IE6 to show up completely. its strange as this solely happens with IE6. Did you notice the same loading delay?

*content doesn´t show up. i have to pull the mouse over the srceen and mark it first before it shows up.

alex

#55 2004-11-09 08:00:45

andreas
Website

spchampion, no problem. The plugin works great and filled a gap that I had tried to fill for a long while! Excellent work.

#56 2004-11-09 21:16:29

spchampion
Archived Plugin Author

Alexandra,

It took me a while to track down a copy of IE6 (I use a Mac and a PC running Linux), but I finally found a Windows PC. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce the delay you’re seeing. Could it be a problem with your browser?

Last edited by spchampion (2004-11-09 21:17:22)

#57 2004-11-09 22:06:09

alexandra

jesus, if i would have known, that you don´t have an IE6 available, i would have made a decent check with some other IE6 than mine. i never encountered any loading delays with my IE6 till i tested your plugin. therefor i did not think of testing it on some other IE´s. Anyway for sure is, that Opera is loading the page in time but firefox is already “much” slower. usually its the other way round.

okay, i will remove all css and test this again on various browsers. i let you know, if you like.

#58 2004-11-10 07:24:12

spchampion
Archived Plugin Author

It’s not a problem. I work at a university, so I just had to wander over to the labs in another building. Don’t worry about it. :)

Please do let me know what you find with your research. I’ve never seen any kind of page loading delay with my plugin, but when it comes to IE you never know. You might do a view source and look at the bottom. Textpattern tells you how much time it spent loading the page. See if that number matches the kind of delay you’re seeing.

#59 2004-11-15 19:19:52

alexandra

Hie Stanton, i do need some more days till i got time to test. I come back to the issue soon.

#60 2004-11-18 11:02:56

Vitruvius
Plugin Author

Help please…

I have read through this thread entirely and searched the forum itself but can not find an answer to what must be a simple problem.

I want to include a link to ‘home’ in my section list and can’t figure it out (as ‘home’ is not really a section – I just want a link to ‘/’). It must be easy but my eyes are sore from TXPing for too long.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Great plugin BTW!

Board footer