Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#169 2011-08-05 23:00:23

WebKat

Re: mem_postmaster - Postmaster Revamp

Ack! Now I just went and tried to change something in the settings for it and it is no longer set to use my form at all, and the dropdown where you select a form is empty, so I can’t choose it.

WebKat

#170 2011-08-06 06:31:31

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Hi

replace <txp:bab_pm_data display="name" /> with <txp:bab_pm_data display="subscriberFirstName" />

also try to see what happens if you just use the <txp:title /> tag

Re the form: Give your newsletter forms a prefix (mine is newsletter-). Then go to extensions>postmaster>preferences and declare the prefix in the Form Select Prefix field.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#171 2011-08-06 14:33:47

WebKat

The problem is that the first and last name fields are blank in the Postmaster extension now! It’s like they didn’t make the migration. Did I miss a step?

Edit: I’ve figured out how to adjust my subscribe form to collect the appropriate data. Now I’m just manually adding all the names into the new fields…

Last edited by OpalCat (2011-08-06 15:22:11)

WebKat

#172 2011-08-06 15:02:20

WebKat

Ok I temporarily switched back and exported my subscribers and am manually entering the names into my list (I only have just under 200 so this is doable) however when I added myself as a test, the name field didn’t show up!! So new subscribers will not have a name listed!

I assume I need to change my subscribe form. Currently that part reads

<txp:zem_contact_text name="zemSubscriberName" label="Your Name:" size="50" />

What should it be?

Edit: I figured it out.

Last edited by OpalCat (2011-08-06 15:22:38)

WebKat

#173 2011-08-06 15:21:12

WebKat

Ack! Another problem, a major one… people aren’t actually being subscribed to a list! The checkboxes are:

<INPUT TYPE=CHECKBOX NAME="zemSubscriberAggregate[]" value="newsletter" checked="1" >Subscribe me to the newsletter!<br />
<INPUT TYPE=CHECKBOX NAME="zemSubscriberAggregate[]" value="default">(And/or) notify me of new articles on the site<br>
<INPUT TYPE=CHECKBOX NAME="zemSubscriberAggregate[]" value="updated_articles" >(And/or) notify me when existing articles are modified

What do I need to change? new subscribers are showing up blank in the “which list” section of the subscribers list. :O

WebKat

#174 2011-08-06 15:46:14

colak
Admin

Oops you also had lists huh?

I asked a similar question here. I hope that somebody answers us.

Yiannis
——————————

#175 2011-08-06 15:55:31

WebKat

Manfre wrote:

colak wrote:

is there a way by which I can have people subscribe to 2 lists?

• That is the “default” one for all subscribers (preferably happening automatically)
  • and another one from a pull-down menu.

zemSubscriberLists can be lists separated by commas. Use javascript to add the drop down value to a hidden value that also contains your default list name.

I have checkboxes for people to choose which lists to subscribe to. Currently when people are subscribing, no list at all shows up in the subscriber list page! ACK! Can I hack the script somehow? Someone would need to walk me through it as I’m a designer not a programmer.

WebKat

#176 2011-08-06 16:16:19

WebKat

Ok all of my lists are ending up in the spam folders because of this at the top:

“This message was likely forged and did not originate from your account. Learn More”

I never got this with the old version of Postmaster. What is going on? There is no point in having lists if people aren’t getting them.

(sorry for posting so many times)

WebKat

#177 2011-08-06 16:42:59

WebKat

Another question (sorry for monopolizing) What is the point of Direct Send? there is no place to type a message.

WebKat

#178 2011-08-06 17:21:58

WebKat

More questions about basic usage! I get a notification email when people sign up for things, though it doesn’t tell me which lists they’ve subscribed to. Is there a way to show that? Also I have several custom fields and it shows me those (like how they found the site, where they’re from, etc, which are all voluntary) but I have one hidden field in the form like this:

<input type="hidden" name="zemSubscriberCustom10" value="<txp:title />">

But it doesn’t show me that. I’d like to know that info (it tells me what page they were on when they subscribed) but that field never shows up in the email that I get. How can I make it show?

Last edited by OpalCat (2011-08-06 17:22:11)

WebKat

#179 2011-08-11 00:09:39

WebKat

I’m getting strange symbols in my output. For example I output an excerpt and it comes out looking like this…It happens in titles, too. What can I do about it? I’ve put a space after all the &;s because otherwise in the forum it renders them as apostrophes like they’re supposed to be.

"This is me in Sorrento, Italy. I& #8217;m enjoying something to eat and drinking a whiskey sour. I& #8217;m on my honeymoon. Life is good. What led up to this moment, however, was just bizarre.

We had taken the train from Naples to Pompeii, then after looking around Pompeii had taken the train to Sorrento. We walked down the long, winding road to get to the water& #8217;s edge and found a little restaurant with outdoor seating. It was..."

WebKat

#180 2011-08-11 05:48:07

colak
Admin

Hi Katherine

Are you sending an html email? Can you post your newsletter form here?

Yiannis
——————————

Board footer