You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2009-08-30 23:57:00

bici
Website Mastodon

Re: Feedback to: Textpattern CMS 4.2.0 released

6sigma wrote:

hicks wrote:

6, you fixed it how again?

Under 4.2.0 there are THREE files that need to get copied to the main installation directory. As has always been the case, index.php and .htaccess are the first two. The new third item to get copied over to the same place is css.php. Once I did that, I was stylin’ again.

____________ bici___________

I am not sure if the upgrade instructions on the web page are correct. In my current setup the CSS.PHP file is located in the texpattern/ dir and NOT in the root directory as the upgrade instructions seem to indicate that it should be placed.

So what files go in to the ROOT? .htaccess and index.php … i would assue

If CSS.PHP goes into textpattern/ then it overwrites the old one. If it in fact goee into ROOT then what does one do with the textpattern/css.php file? leave it? delete it?

Last edited by bici (2009-08-31 00:00:48)

…. texted postive

#38 2009-08-31 04:08:44

TheEric
Plugin Author

I know I’m beating a dead horse and all, but seriously, can you rethink the theme mechanism in a latter release?

#39 2009-08-31 04:59:17

bici
Website Mastodon

I have tried installing again and get all kinds of errors.

…. texted postive

#40 2009-08-31 06:02:30

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

bici wrote:

I have tried installing again and get all kinds of errors.

Can you describe what they are?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#41 2009-08-31 16:11:47

bici
Website Mastodon

can someone please confirm if the CSS.PHP file should ONLY be in the root dir?
I seem to have one in root and one i the textpattern/ dir?

Last edited by bici (2009-08-31 16:12:06)

…. texted postive

#42 2009-08-31 16:20:21

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

bici wrote:

can someone please confirm if the CSS.PHP file should ONLY be in the root dir?
I seem to have one in root and one i the textpattern/ dir?

That’s correct, there are two. If you open the one in the textpattern dir it should indicate it is deprecated, but it should still be there for backwards compatibility. TXP now uses the one in the root directory.

Last edited by Bloke (2009-08-31 16:20:35)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#43 2009-08-31 16:33:08

bici
Website Mastodon

these are the errors i get:

Warning: Unknown column ‘user_name’ in ‘where clause’ select name, val from txptxp_prefs as txp_prefs where prefs_id=1 AND user_name=’‘ in /users/home/giov/domains/bicilogic.com/web/public/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 85

Notice: Undefined variable: language in /users/home/giov/domains/bicilogic.com/web/public/textpattern/index.php on line 70

…. texted postive

#44 2009-08-31 16:46:15

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Hi Giovanni
Did you update your language file on Admin>Preferences>Languages?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#45 2009-08-31 16:46:23

bici
Website Mastodon

colak wrote:

Updated all my four online txp installs but these errors were returned after pointing my browser to the admin interface.

Warning: Unknown column 'user_name' in 'where clause' select name, val from txp_prefs where prefs_id=1 AND user_name='' in /users/home/---/web/public/main/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 85

Notice: Undefined variable: language in /users/home/---/web/public/main/textpattern/index.php on line 70

Warning: Unknown column 'user_name' in 'where clause' select name, val from txp_prefs where prefs_id=1 AND user_name='xxx' in /users/home/---/web/public/main/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 85

Warning: Unknown column 'user_name' in 'where clause' select name, val from txp_prefs where prefs_id=1 AND user_name='' in /users/home/---/web/public/main/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 85

Notice: Undefined variable: gmtoffset in /users/home/---/web/public/main/textpattern/update/_to_4.2.0.php on line 41

Textpattern · 4.2.0

Logged in as xxx
Logout

After logging out and then back in, I was directed to the Write tab instead of the Languages.

All seems that it is working just fine but new(ish) users – who may encounter similar errors – might not know that they will have to update their language file.

>Edit: Also, all time settings in Admin>Preferences were showing no time zone which I had to choose.

——

well i proceeded on after the first two error messages and then encountered the same errors listed here … fearlessly continued and was eventually in the write tab areas of the admin panel all seemed fine. My site looks ok.

I have not updated any language files, nor anything else.

so can i assume all is ok with my TxP installation?

Last edited by bici (2009-08-31 16:47:55)

…. texted postive

#46 2009-08-31 16:52:50

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

bici wrote:

these are the errors i get

The first is a known feature of the upgrade process (it should appear only once — see the README.txt).

The second sounds more curious. It appears your language pref is not set. Can you check what it is set to via the admin side / phpMyAdmin? Also, please would you post your low level diagnostics? Thanks.

EDIT: colak was faster

Last edited by Bloke (2009-08-31 16:54:09)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#47 2009-08-31 17:02:49

bici
Website Mastodon

Bloke wrote:

The first is a known feature of the upgrade process (it should appear only once — see the README.txt).

The second sounds more curious. It appears your language pref is not set. Can you check what it is set to via the admin side / phpMyAdmin?

How Do i set language prefs???

thanks

_____ my low diagnostics ———————-

Textpattern version: 4.2.0 (r3275)
Last Update: 2009-08-31 16:40:40/2009-08-31 16:30:33
Document root: /users/home/giov/domains/bicilogic.com/web/public
$path_to_site: /users/home/giov/domains/bicilogic.com/web/public
Textpattern path: /users/home/giov/domains/bicilogic.com/web/public/textpattern
Permanent link mode: messy
upload_tmp_dir: /tmp
Temporary directory path: /users/home/giov/domains/bicilogic.com/web/public/textpattern/tmp
Site URL: bicilogic.com
PHP version: 5.2.9
GD Image Library: bundled (2.0.34 compatible); supported formats: GIF, JPG, PNG.
Server TZ: GMT
Server Local Time: 2009-08-31 17:00:50
DST enabled?: 1
auto_dst: 0
Time Zone:  (-28800)
MySQL: 5.0.67-log
Locale: en_GB.UTF-8
Server: Apache
PHP Server API: cgi-fcgi
RFC 2616 headers: 0
Server OS: SunOS 5.11
Active plugins: upm_datetime-0.5, rss_admin_db_manager-4.3, upm_img_popper-0.8.4
theme_name: classic 4.2.0

Pre-flight check:
————————————
/users/home/giov/domains/bicilogic.com/web/public/textpattern/setup/ still exists
————————————

.htaccess file contents:
————————————
#DirectoryIndex index.php index.html

#Options +FollowSymLinks
#Options -Indexes

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On #RewriteBase /relative/web/path/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d RewriteRule ^(.+) – [PT,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !=/favicon.ico RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} !^$ RewriteRule .* – [E=REMOTE_USER:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
</IfModule>

#php_value register_globals 0

————————————

…. texted postive

#48 2009-09-02 07:29:01

TNT
Website

After upgrading I tried to login again, but that fails. I get the following errors:

Warning: Unknown column 'user_name' in 'where clause' select name, val from txp_prefs where prefs_id=1 AND user_name='' in /../htdocs/www/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 85

Notice: Undefined variable: language in /../htdocs/www/textpattern/index.php on line 70

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /../htdocs/www/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:85) in /../htdocs/www/textpattern/include/txp_auth.php on line 169

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /../htdocs/www/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:85) in /../htdocs/www/textpattern/include/txp_auth.php on line 170

I know the first two suppose to happen, but the last two? I’m without a clue.

I already tried deleting any trailing whitespace in my config.php, but there wasn’t any. Is it something I have to change in the database? Or is it something very simple (which I really hope!)?

Prrrrrrrr

Board footer