Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#157 2012-07-17 09:43:29

jpdupont

Re: smd_admin_themes: Manage, edit, switch and share admin-side themes

What is the best way to work?
In the next 2 months, I have to make or update 5 sites.

• Work with the svn version and thus test the 4.5 beta and my usual (10) plugins,
  • or develop with the 4.4.1 upgrade and at the very end upgrade to 4.5 ?

Is there a place where you can report plugins that do not work with 4.5?

#158 2012-07-17 10:40:18

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Hi

I try the plugin with the build of last night r3971and get some error message on smd_admin_them tab (related t an out array!!) but that havent stopped using it, i try to adapte a remora them to an RTL langage (arabic in my case).

Cheers

#159 2012-07-17 15:19:44

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Dragondz wrote:

I try the plugin with the build of last night r3971and get some error message on smd_admin_them tab

Easy, tiger! I’ve been without an internet connection for half the day so I wasn’t able to carry on tweaking the plugin. I see Phil’s put (most of) the class changes in core, so I’m back on the case now.

Last edited by Bloke (2012-07-17 15:26:40)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#160 2012-07-18 00:51:30

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

OK, anyone running SVN or a nightly of 4.5.0 can try the v0.32 beta. Please let me know how it fares, thanks.

Last edited by Bloke (2012-07-18 00:51:51)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#161 2012-07-18 07:00:15

jpdupont

Thanks Stef

#162 2012-07-18 07:42:33

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote:

OK, anyone running SVN or a nightly of 4.5.0 can try the v0.32 beta. Please let me know how it fares, thanks.

She works fine, overall. I’ve only done some very light editing, mind you.

You may want to add some styling for the smd_popup blocks. When the theme display grid has 2 rows or more, there is some ugly, annoying overlap (when you click on the ‘base’ link), like this screenshot (taken with the Hive theme).

At the minimum:

.smd_popup { position: relative; z-index:1; /* make sure smd_popup is on top*/ }

and add a background-color for readability.

The background-color is a bit of a problem as it may clash with a theme’s color scheme. Don’t worry about about Sandspaces (beta update soon available) though, I’ve already added some workaround code to deal with it ;-).

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#163 2012-07-18 08:20:12

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

phiw13 wrote:

You may want to add some styling for the smd_popup blocks. When the theme display grid has 2 rows or more, there is some ugly, annoying overlap

Ah yes, that’ll be Phil and his fixed-width input boxes. Well spotted. The previous version was inline because the box was shorter. To make a short input box work well with HIve I have to remember to add a corresponding class as well as the actual size itself to override the default fixed widthness. Humbug. It also happens (at least in English, but it’ll be dependent on string length) with the Export popups. Sometimes the [Go] link is on the row below the radios when I actually intended it inline. Probably not much I can do about that though.

Part of me wants to do what you suggest and put a background colour on, but as you say, which one to pick? Hey, maybe there should be a design pattern rule for it so I can just apply a class :-) Phil?

Another (small) part of me wants to stop it wrapping altogether with some non-breaking-space stuff, but that might look horrible in some languages or font sizes and is probably not good practice.

Last edited by Bloke (2012-07-18 08:25:43)

#164 2012-07-18 08:27:35

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Stef, let’s liaise on this via email. I can suggest some of that code for you that’ll make this plugin render better in 4.5 (all themes)

#165 2012-07-18 08:29:04

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

philwareham wrote:

I can suggest some of that code for you that’ll make this plugin render better in 4.5 (all themes)

Woot, thanks! I need all the help I can get in the visual / layout / design department.

#166 2012-07-18 08:39:04

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote:

Ah yes, that’ll be Phil and his fixed-width input boxes. Well spotted. The previous version was inline because the box was shorter.

Well, it is not only that. The whole construct is very sensitive to font-sizing e.a. Just try it with the minimum font-size set to 14px (my default setting) in your browser of choice. But if Phil has better ideas to implement that little popup, and you have time to implement it, good.

My suggestions were a quick, easy fix.

PS – the ‘Supported import type’ line under the file upload widget also caused problems on my side (with Sand spaces); your negative margin-top causes that line to actually overlap the upload form control, rendering it impossible to use. Suggest to set it just to ‘0’.

Last edited by phiw13 (2012-07-18 08:43:39)

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#167 2012-07-18 09:04:20

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

phiw13 wrote:

your negative margin-top causes that line to actually overlap the upload form control, rendering it impossible to use. Suggest to set it just to ‘0’.

Will do, thanks. And I’ll try the plugins with different font sizes in future to see what happens to the layout.

#168 2012-07-18 10:32:29

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Stef, I’ve made a start on reworking your code, mockup here

There would be an additional rule I’d need to put in Classic (namely .content-image). I’ll continue with it later, got some deadlines to meet first.

Board footer