Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-05-09 09:41:57

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

rah_external_output

• Outputs external content-type snippets.
  • Admin-interface under Extensions for creating and managing code snippets.

More info and downloads

#2 2009-05-09 14:42:15

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: rah_external_output

Hi Jukka.

this looks that it might be what I was looking for.

can you please explain further what you mean when you say “Create and set content-types for the code snippets”?

>Edit.

Also It seems that it does not parse txp and plugin tags. I’m not sure if it is supposed to.

Last edited by colak (2009-05-09 14:54:57)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2009-05-09 15:22:36

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

colak wrote:

Also It seems that it does not parse txp and plugin tags. I’m not sure if it is supposed to.

Thank you for reporting a bug. Forgot to add parsing there. Version 0.2 released. Changelog:

• Fixed forgotten parse call.

More info and downloads

colak wrote:

can you please explain further what you mean when you say “Create and set content-types for the code snippets”?

That the user can create predefined content-types and arrange them to the output snippets – whatever content-type you want. The way user uses it, is up to user.

For example I use content-type and the external feature to manage Firefox skins, sidebars and UIs that are located on central server.

Last edited by Gocom (2009-05-09 15:32:37)

#4 2009-05-09 15:29:32

colak
Admin

Hi Jukka,
Downloaded and installed but I get the following errors when viewing the url generated by the snippet.

A problem occured while loading the plugin: rah_external_output -> Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array on line 17
A problem occured while loading the plugin: rah_external_output -> Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array on line 557
A problem occured while loading the plugin: rah_external_output -> Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array on line 17
A problem occured while loading the plugin: rah_external_output -> Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array on line 557
A problem occured while loading the plugin: rah_external_output -> Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array on line 1

Yiannis
——————————

#5 2009-05-09 15:32:40

colak
Admin

Gocom wrote:

That the user can create predefined content-types and arrange them to the output snippets – whatever content-type you want. The way user uses it, is up to user.

So this can be left blank:)

Yiannis
——————————

#6 2009-05-09 15:45:14

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

colak wrote:

Hi Jukka,
Downloaded and installed but I get the following errors when viewing the url generated by the snippet.

Works fine for me on four different servers. Be sure that the plugin is installed correctly and you are using non-special chars in the snippet name. Fcgi is not recommended because of the headers. So:

1. Uninstall ( rah_uninstaller )
  2. Reinstall
  3. If doesn’t help, provide the input of your script and server setup (php mod/fcgi, mysql).

So this can be left blank:)

Yes, if you want to create content in text/html. You can create predefined content-types in the Arrange content types interface which will turn the field in Snippet creation page into select field.

Last edited by Gocom (2009-05-09 15:52:44)

#7 2009-05-09 15:55:21

colak
Admin

Works fine for me on four different servers. Be sure that the plugin is installed correctly and you are using non-special chars in the snippet name. Fcgi is not recommended because of the headers.

i’ve sent you an email.

If you need access to the back end to check it out let me know:)

Yiannis
——————————

#8 2009-05-09 16:10:46

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

colak wrote:

i’ve sent you an email.

If you need access to the back end to check it out let me know:)

Answered it :)

#9 2009-05-09 17:11:41

mrdale
Website

Sorry to be dense… but I’m not sure I understand what this plugin does… is it like outputting a form? Could you give a more detailed usage scenario?

#10 2009-05-09 17:22:19

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

mrdale wrote:

Sorry to be dense… but I’m not sure I understand what this plugin does… is it like outputting a form? Could you give a more detailed usage scenario?

No, it doesn’t output a form. As I earlier said in this topic:

For example I use content-type and the external feature to manage Firefox skins, sidebars and UIs that are located on central server.

So, with it you could generate any content-type page, with out wasting any sections or page templates. For example a jar file, manage Ajax calls or output an sitemap or a Facebook program – any snipet you want. It’s up to the content type and code.

I created the plugins because I needed central server to manage Windows app UIs via web.

#11 2009-05-09 20:05:58

FireFusion

Great this is very useful.

Am using it to output my iCal feed and slideshow XML (rather then using up more sections).

#12 2009-05-09 20:43:46

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

New features request:

1. list outputs while editing output – like for forms, with grouping by type
  2. link to “main page” from editing page
  3. save code’s into files – real speed improvement. PHP could be taken from ruud’s rvm_css

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

Board footer