Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2009-03-26 23:17:20

els

Re: How to highlight article title ... !?

Does that mean it’s working correctly now?

#14 2009-03-26 23:20:10

RedFox
Website

Yes … :)

:%) = blushing

Many thanks Els!

#15 2009-03-26 23:26:46

els

Are you thanking me for all this confusion caused by me posting erroneous code? You really shouldn’t… ;)

(edit: typo)

Last edited by els (2009-03-27 01:51:40)

#16 2009-03-26 23:43:54

RedFox
Website

erronious = erroneous

Not only your code is … ;-)

#17 2009-04-13 15:46:30

maniqui
Website

The if_first_article and if_last_article trick isn’t really needed (or am I missing something?):

So this:

<txp:article_custom>
 		<txp:if_first_article><ul></txp:if_first_article>
		<li<txp:if_article_id> class="active"</txp:if_article_id>><txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink></li>
		<txp:if_last_article></ul></txp:if_last_article>
	</txp:article_custom>

can just be this:

<txp:article_custom wraptag="ul">
		<li<txp:if_article_id> class="active"</txp:if_article_id>><txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink></li>

Last edited by maniqui (2009-04-13 15:46:53)

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#18 2009-04-13 20:37:05

els

maniqui wrote:

The if_first_article and if_last_article trick isn’t really needed (or am I missing something?):

No, you didn’t miss anything, you’re right – as always :) It’s a left-over from the pre- wraptag era ;)

#19 2010-06-17 11:34:23

fantasmo

Hi,
i want to do the same thing, but with randomly chosen related_articles (I put them after the text of a single article)

I thought this would be very easy and tried the following thing:

In the form for the single article view i have:
<txp:related_articles limit="3" sort="rand()" wraptag="ul" break="" form="related_article" />

And in the form “related_article” i have:
<li <txp:if_last_article>class="last"</txp:if_last_article>> <h3><txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink></h3> <txp:article_image /> </li>

I really don’t get, why it doesn’t work…it always writes the class=“last” to EVERY related article.
Can anybody help please?

#20 2010-06-17 13:49:15

fantasmo

Now i found a VERY bad solution..i take related_articles two times. In my article form I wrote:
<ul> <txp:related_articles limit="2" sort="rand()" break="" form="related_article" /> <txp:related_articles limit="1" sort="rand()" break="" form="related_article" class="last" /> </ul>

I didn’t get that “article_custom”- or “if_firs/last_article”-thing to work…:-(
Still any help is very appreciated.

#21 2010-06-17 23:27:25

els

fantasmo wrote:

…it always writes the class=“last” to EVERY related article.

Did you check if it works if you use something else than sort="rand()"? I wouldn’t be surprised if that is what’s causing the problem. offset doesn’t work with sort="rand()" either. It’s not like the query creates an article list in a random order and selects the first three, but rather it goes through the articles to select a random one three times. At least that’s how I imagine it works, I’m not a coder and I may be totally wrong ;)
As an alternative you can give zem_nth a try (though it might have the same problem).

#22 2010-07-19 19:48:48

RedFox
Website

OK … and now this one:

The webpage > www.redfoxwebdesign.nl/new/info

So we have two lists of article titles of the same section with different categories, e.g. ‘inclusief’ and ‘optioneel’ …

The code >

<h4>Inclusief:</h4>
<txp:if_individual_article>
<txp:article_custom section="info" category="inclusief" sort="position asc" wraptag="ol" class="titles">
<txp:else />	
<txp:article_custom section="info" category="inclusief" sort="position asc" wraptag="ol" class="titles">
<li<txp:if_first_article> class="active"</txp:if_first_article>><txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink></li>
</txp:if_individual_article>
<h4>Optioneel:</h4>
<txp:if_individual_article>	
<txp:article_custom section="info" category="optioneel" sort="position asc" wraptag="ol" class="titles">
<txp:else />	
<txp:article_custom section="info" category="optioneel" sort="position asc" wraptag="ol" class="titles">
<li<txp:if_first_article> class="active"</txp:if_first_article>><txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink></li>
</txp:if_individual_article>

Because of this piece of code I get TWO highlighted article titles on the landing page. But that’s not what I want … I only want the article title highlighted of the (only) article on the landing page, e.g. ‘Teksten’ … !?

I tried all kind of things with several TXP tags (if_article_category; if_category; etc.) but with no success. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by RedFox (2010-07-19 19:49:35)

#23 2010-07-19 22:07:08

els

…maar wel met een hele grote strik!

LOL!

If the landing page article is always the first one in the ‘Optioneel’ menu, I think you only need to remove the <txp:if_first_article> class="active"</txp:if_first_article> in the ‘Inclusief’ menu…

#24 2010-07-20 14:45:53

RedFox
Website

Eh, no, although there will not be very many new articles, they will come sooner or later. And it can be an article in ‘Inclusief’ or ‘Optioneel’ … so, what to do … !?

Board footer