Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2011-01-03 23:46:27

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Multidoc: multiple-page documents

Version 2.0.b.3 available.

• Minor bug fixes to eliminate Txp tag warnings in a few situations.
  • Code cleaning.

Code is topiary

#38 2011-01-07 19:51:57

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

soo_multidoc_admin 0.1.1 released

This is mostly a minor update, however does contain a critical bugfix for certain configurations. If adding new pages to a collection (in detail view) was not working, this update should fix the problem. Important: update soo_txp_obj to version 1.1.0 first. Then update soo_multidoc_admin.

The update also includes some minor UI improvements.

Code is topiary

#39 2011-01-07 21:29:51

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

soo_multidoc 2.0.0 released

• Bugfix for soo_multidoc_link when combining rel types (e.g. rel=“prev Section”)

Code is topiary

#40 2011-01-10 09:55:47

premek.b
Website

Hi Jeff,

noticed your plugin on twitter :) This looks like a great add-on for Textpattern, well done. Still, is there any chance that the hierarchical structure of the multidoc could be reflected in the URL structure (e.g. …/getting-started/link-types)?

Premek

“So, where is the patch?”
((former nick pbrada))

#41 2011-01-10 12:47:09

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

Possible, and something I’ve thought about in a vague way before. Custom URL handling in Txp is not to be undertaken lightly, and until I know more about what Txp 5 will look like I’m unlikely to attempt it.

That said, if I can think of a quick way to get it working passably well I might try something. Without having looked into it, I guess that compatibility with MLP Pack or gbp_permanent_links would be very unlikely.

Code is topiary

#42 2011-01-18 12:44:31

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

Version 2.0.1 released. Includes a couple of new conditional tags and a new attribute for soo_multidoc_link for more options in single-tag mode.

Code is topiary

#43 2011-04-13 20:46:52

maverick
Website

Hi Jeff

When adding articles to a collection, the multi-select box only shows the most recent articles, and it doesn’t scroll:

Is there a way to either expand the box or to allow it to scroll?

Thanks

Mike

Last edited by maverick (2011-04-13 20:47:11)

#44 2011-04-13 21:43:07

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

I know, kind of sucky. I did it that way as a short-term solution but (obviously) haven’t got back to it. I’ll give it some more thought. Initially I wasn’t crazy about the idea of a scrolling multi-select, but that may be the best solution. Any other ideas welcome.

Code is topiary

#45 2011-04-14 01:43:21

maverick
Website

Thinking aloud:

• On Dreamhost, in the “manage email” panel, they have both a scroll bar, but also links to click that allow you to enlarge or shrink the multi-select box. I’ve always thought it was clunky, but it does work . . .
  • Offer a list of articles similar to the article tab, with check boxes . . . . this would be easier than a multi-select when working with lots of articles . . .
  • Or perhaps, actually alter the article tab. Not sure on the programming logistics – but if possible, add a “Add to Multidoc” option in the actions drop down of the article tab. Then the user can check the desired articles, and select the “Add to Multidoc” option. A second drop down then appears with the list of Collections. Select the collection, click add. For convenience, have a bot_image_upload-style js iframe popup to the article tab on the Multidoc page when you click the plus button.
  • Completely different approach – add a drop down of Collections to the Write tab and allow an article to be assigned from there. Drawback is that breaks the work flow of Multidoc and doesn’t help with manipulating multiple articles at one time. It would be a nice extra/alternative. Sort of a plugin for Multidoc ;)
  • I’m guessing that the scrolling multiselect would be the easier solution . . .

Not sure any of these ideas are viable, or desirable. Like I said, just brainstorming.

#46 2011-04-14 11:10:45

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

maverick wrote:

On Dreamhost, in the “manage email” panel, they have both a scroll bar, but also links to click that allow you to enlarge or shrink the multi-select box. I’ve always thought it was clunky, but it does work . . .

Hadn’t noticed that before. You’re right, works, but clunky. Too bad WebKit doesn’t allow resizing of selects the way it does with textareas.

Offer a list of articles similar to the article tab, with check boxes . . . . this would be easier than a multi-select when working with lots of articles . . .

Easier in some ways, not in others. With a multi-select it is very easy to select a contiguous group. The workflow I had in mind when choosing to make this a multi-select is that you post a bunch of new articles, then add them as a group to a new or existing Multidoc collection.

Or perhaps, actually alter the article tab. [… or …] add a drop down of Collections to the Write tab

I had thought of the latter but not the former. I could see adding both, with preference settings to show/hide them.

I’m guessing that the scrolling multiselect would be the easier solution . . .

Utterly trivial and I think I’ll go ahead and release that. Larger-scale enhancements are on the back burner for now.

Code is topiary

#47 2011-04-14 15:49:45

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

soo_multidoc_admin has been updated to v0.1.2. This is a minor (UI) release incorporating the change discussed above.

Code is topiary

#48 2011-04-14 20:20:36

maverick
Website

jsoo wrote:

Too bad WebKit doesn’t allow resizing of selects the way it does with textareas.

yep

Easier in some ways, not in others. With a multi-select it is very easy to select a contiguous group. The workflow I had in mind when choosing to make this a multi-select is that you post a bunch of new articles, then add them as a group to a new or existing Multidoc collection.

Agreed. Checkboxes are almost as easy, but multi-select seems more elegant.

Utterly trivial and I think I’ll go ahead and release that.

Thanks. That gets the job done.

I’m developing the bones for an Operations Manual for a non-profit. In the process of moving around various articles, things went flaky. If I changed sub-levels, it would show properly, but it was as if it still was tied to the previous order. When I moved another article up or down things were jumping all over (in and out of parent/child relations), and when I deleted a parent level, I had former (now equal) children disappear with it. Then I began getting a variety of undefined offset errors.

Even after deleting the collection and starting new, the errors remained, so I deleted the table and started fresh. That’s when the lack of the scroll bar became especially challenging. :)

Thanks again

Mike

Board footer