Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2009-01-30 01:41:46

TheEric
Plugin Author

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] ebl_image_edit v1.0

Sorry, but I really don’t understand your request. Do you want the aspect ratio to be variable, relative to the the dimensions entered in the Width / Height input boxes, or do you want predefined ratios? I personally find the free-form cropping to be more useful than preset ratios. For the next release, I was planning on adding a couple more features beyond what is here currently (filters, mirroring, etc)

#26 2009-01-30 01:51:29

dl33
Website

Have a look how photoshop handles the cropping tool when you specify a pixel size in the toolbar. The image will be resized to what you specify (or if you only provide one dimension, it will adjust the other one accordingly so that no distortion occurs). You can still change the adjust the crop rectangle, however, only within the aspect ratio of the dimensions that you specified. The final thumbnail would then have these dimensions, so if necessary the plugin also does the resizing.

I think that this behaviour will be a lot more helpful to a lot of people as thumbnails tend to be used to fit a particular element in a website design. Therefore, they have set dimensions: They want to resize the image but not distort it, so they adjust the ‘mask’ of the image. As I said before, have a look at Potatoshop, it will be a lot clearer what I mean.

#27 2009-01-30 02:01:16

TheEric
Plugin Author

So, again, do you want the aspect ratio to be variable, relative to the dimensions entered in the width / height boxes? That is the Photoshop behaviour. That wouldn’t be difficult to implement would be a check box that can be enabled / disabled.

#28 2009-01-30 02:02:47

dl33
Website

Yes—a variable aspect ratio, relative to the dimensions entered in the width/height boxes. Sorry, if we wrote slightly past each other. (Not sure if that translates;-)

#29 2009-01-30 02:15:57

TheEric
Plugin Author

Ok. That’s completely doable. I’ll work that into the next release. I’ll work on this again following the first week of February.

#30 2009-01-30 08:24:54

saccade
Plugin Author

Finally I found enough time to install and test it. Wow, niiice!
Thank you. Works excellent!

A few minor questions:
I need the labels in German. For the moment I edited them directly in the plugin.
Is there a better way? (Keeping labels together in a part of the plugin – or using an extra language file?)

And another one: If there is a huge image, which doesn’t fit into the browser window (let alone the question if this is reasonable, it is simply what a client provided) I didn’t succeed to make a thumbnail in the lower invisible part. Even if I scrolled down the window, so that the crop-frame is visible on the top of my visible part and I see the lower part of the image, it auto-scrolled back to showing the upper part of the image, when I fetched the crop-frame. I can’t get below the area from top of the image down to the visible browser-part. Trying in Firefox 3.0.x. Maybe it’s beyond plugin access and more a problem of the browser. Just wanted to ask, for it could drive clients crazy :-)

#31 2009-01-30 14:38:55

THE BLUE DRAGON
Website

TheEric wrote:

Ok. That’s completely doable. I’ll work that into the next release. I’ll work on this again following the first week of February.

finally this is what I ment all this time!
thank you dl33 for explaining what we are looking for! ;)

good luck with this Eric and thanks!

#32 2009-02-03 07:13:04

darinlang
Website

I can’t get this to work. I installed in a 2 day old 4.08 textpattern, put the folder in textpattern/jcrop with 755 and installed the plugin in the plugins. It installed and i clicked ‘yes’ under ‘Active’. I can ‘view’ or ‘edit’ it in plugins, but when i go to the image tab and upload an image its the exact same default window. it hasn’t changed. all the other plugins are turned off.

not sure what i’ve done wrong…

I deleted the plugin and all but one other that i’m using. Re-downloaded the plug-in, and re-installed and it is still the same. no change. It doesn’t do anything. the interface is still the default interface, not like your screenshots. Click on the image, drag on it, nothing happens.

Last edited by darinlang (2009-02-03 07:45:46)

#33 2009-02-03 12:22:46

TheEric
Plugin Author

1. Make sure that jquery is still in the default folder (jquery.js) and that it is being loaded.
  2. Make sure that javascript is enabled on your computer

#34 2009-02-03 19:17:59

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Eric, active link in forst post to download would be very useful for newbies ;)

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#35 2009-02-03 19:42:14

darinlang
Website

jquery.js is in the directory right below to jcrop/ and the script is loading.

javascript is enabled. i went over to deepliquid.com and tested their jcrop demos which all worked as they were supposed to.

send an email to sub at doolang dot com and i’ll send you a temp login

#36 2009-02-03 22:25:18

darinlang
Website

Nevermind.

I see how it works now. You have to upload the image first through the stock interface. Then once it is uploaded, you can edit it, by clicking the edit link left of the thumbnail in the image list.

I thought i did the manipulation while i was uploading it not after, by clicking the view and edit buttons in the image tab next to the thumbnail after it is uploaded.

Board footer