Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2009-01-13 13:27:08

TheEric
Plugin Author

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] ebl_Upload Version 3

You get the capability of generating 10 licenses / serial number. (One for each domain)

#14 2009-01-14 09:11:22

Kreeltje

TheEric wrote:

h2. Known Issue : Pending FIX

filename extensions won’t upload import correctly if they are uppercase. I’ll have a fix out for that in the next couple of days, in the meantime do the following to fix that.

OSX/Linux : mv *.JPG *.jpg
Windows: rename *.JPG *.jpg

Do the same any other file extension that may be affected.

where exactly do is i put this?
mv *.JPG *.jpg

#15 2009-01-14 13:34:05

jakob
Admin
Website

where exactly do is i put this?
mv *.JPG *.jpg

Kreeltje, dunno if you’re on a mac or linux, but if Mac that would be for the command line / terminal. Any number of mac file renamer utilities will help you there too (plenty on macupdate to choose from). I use the freeware version of Renamer4Mac which you can still get here.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#16 2009-01-14 16:36:17

TheEric
Plugin Author

The uppercase/lowercase file-extension issue has been fixed. The updated file is available for download.

What was wrong was this : $ext = end(explode(“.”,$file)); // outputs JPG the extension was uppercase

The fix was this : $ext = strtolower(end(explode(“.”,$file))); // outputs jpg the extension was uppercase

#17 2009-01-24 11:54:05

jstubbs
Website

Hi Eric, some feedback as promised:

1. Is it possible for tidiness sake that the preferences for the plugin are stored under an Extensions tab, like other plugins?
  2. Files tab says “Upload Additional Images” – maybe this should be “Files” instead
  3. In your store, can it be possible to remove domains that were incorrectly named i.e domain.com instead of http://domain.com
  4. After selecting an image for upload, then clicking on the image title, the image is removed from the queue, not sure if this is intended behaviour
  5. Small thing, but I think displaying similar buttons throughout the upload process would be better from a UI point of view

Mostly small things, and not sure if its very helpful. The plugin works wonderfully and so far smooth as silk! Thanks for your efforts!

#18 2009-01-24 16:39:13

TheEric
Plugin Author

jstubbs wrote:

• Is it possible for tidiness sake that the preferences for the plugin are stored under an Extensions tab, like other plugins?

It is, but the plugin is rather large as it is. Having to create a separate tab that saved/updates the settings wouldn’t be all that efficient when I can just use native TXP functions.

• Files tab says “Upload Additional Images” – maybe this should be “Files” instead

Whoops! That’s a bug. It should say “Upload Additional Files”

• In your store, can it be possible to remove domains that were incorrectly named i.e domain.com instead of http://domain.com

Possible, but that shopping cart / store needs a lot of revisions. After March I’ll begin work on my TXP commerce module.

• After selecting an image for upload, then clicking on the image title, the image is removed from the queue, not sure if this is intended behaviour

It is. Individual files can be removed from the file-queue by click on them in the file list.

• Small thing, but I think displaying similar buttons throughout the upload process would be better from a UI point of view

Could you explain this one a bit more?

Mostly small things, and not sure if its very helpful. The plugin works wonderfully and so far smooth as silk! Thanks for your efforts!

No problem. It was a learning experience that pushed me into learning JS/jQuery. I must say, that has definitely come in handy! (See ebl-image-edit when its released)

#19 2009-01-24 18:29:22

jstubbs
Website

TheEric wrote:

It is, but the plugin is rather large as it is. Having to create a separate tab that saved/updates the settings wouldn’t be all that efficient when I can just use native TXP functions.

OK – but I think it would be worth reconsidering because all plugins nowadays use Extensions and I think this is good practice because preferences for these plugins are consistently grouped.

Could you explain this one a bit more?

Sure – I am not sure its worth mentioning really… I was referring to the buttons on the top of the upload image form. When going through the process of uploading (after setting the thumbnail preferences as I recall) there is a button below that is different from the buttons above. Something like “next step”. On Safari its a tiny submit button. I was just thinking from a user perspective it might be nice to have a fully consistent UI. Like I said, just being perfectionist…!

Another question, I develop first locally using MAMP on a Mac. URL’s are like: http://localhost:8888/. To test ebl_upload locally can I set a URL like this in your store?

#20 2009-01-24 19:36:37

TheEric
Plugin Author

You can use that URL within the store, but I can’t absolutely guarantee that it’ll work. Flash gets a little sketchy when working in the localhost enviroment. Everything would work fine, except, perhaps, the uploading.

#21 2009-01-26 23:34:37

mrjysta

I also develop on localhost before going live/ Will the plug-in still work, or can I use it without multiple uploading? And use the serial for the live version when I am ready?

#22 2009-01-27 00:23:53

TheEric
Plugin Author

You can switch the serial from localhost to the real domain when you’re ready. Just send me an email and I’ll add a new license to your account.

#23 2009-01-29 01:16:07

teethmaker

I think it is greasy as hell that you are charging money for a textpattern plugin.

#24 2009-01-29 03:20:16

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

teethmaker wrote:

I think it is greasy as hell that you are charging money for a textpattern plugin.

Time is money and Eric donates a lot of it toward helping the project. Nothing wrong with him using some of it to pay his mortgage. While you may think it is “greasy as hell”, it is allowed given the Textpattern license and his usage of flash. I would wager that your negative comment is based upon your desire to use the plugin features for a site.

If the price was unreasonable or if no one was willing to pay for a textpattern plugin, he wouldn’t sell any licenses and the plugin would be unused. The same net effect of him not developing at all. At least for a fee, some can improve their sites.

Board footer