Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#685 2011-05-05 15:40:26

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: smd_calendar: complete schedule / event / calendar / diary

Ladies’ 1st team

It’s probably being escaped (\’) to prevent the apostrophe breaking the tag. As a quick fix, try writing it with a proper apostrophe, e.g. Ladies’ 1st team.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#686 2011-05-06 10:06:41

decoderltd
Website

Thanks Jakob, that worked perfectly – must keep an eye for that in future.

Last edited by decoderltd (2011-05-06 10:07:32)

#687 2011-05-16 19:46:58

saccade
Plugin Author

Hi,
I have a problem with spanned events:
I am using customized datefields (for begin and end).

When using showspanned="1" in the current month’s calendar there is a bad effect: spanned-links of future events are shown all over the days.
Starting with the first, then with an end tag on the matching day number of the real events end, but continuing spanned-links to the end of this month.
e.g. now it’s May, in my calendar there is an event from 6th June to 9th in the next month.
Then this month May will show a spanned link from 1st to 8th, then an END-tag link on 9th, but then will continue placing spanned-links on all days to the end of May.

This occurs, if my calendar-section contains events for e.g. the next month in the customized date-fields BUT with a timestamp of this month now.
If I change the timestamp to the same month as the events date, everything seems to be fine.

If there are only events of this month, created/timestamped this month, then it works.

Unfortunately I need both groups of time related data:
customized datefields for begin and end for my events
AND timestamp/expire-fields for controlling publish time of those articles in another place than the calendar.

The effect looks like there is some mixed use of
datefield_begin/dateflied_end
and
timestamp/expire
when showspanned is calculated.

Any help on this?

Best regards
Michael

Last edited by saccade (2011-05-16 19:58:08)

#688 2011-05-16 22:09:44

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

saccade wrote:

will show a spanned link from 1st to 8th, then an END-tag link on 9th, but then will continue placing spanned-links on all days to the end of May.

Ack, stupid oversight. Fixed, many thanks.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#689 2011-05-16 22:28:22

bici
Website Mastodon

Hoping to use this incredible calendaring plug-in!

Anyone know of a live where it is used in a side nava area ( as a small cal ) linked to visit various full descriptions that appear in the main content area of a web page?

Last edited by bici (2011-05-16 22:31:35)

…. texted postive

#690 2011-05-16 22:53:00

els

Like this?

#691 2011-05-16 23:14:46

bici
Website Mastodon

Els wrote:

Like this?

Yes thanks … beautiful!

will give it a go.

…. texted postive

#692 2011-05-16 23:37:50

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Just a heads-up: v0.51 is in what I hope is the final testing phase. Barring any more clangers like Michael found this evening I expect it to be out this week.

Sorry for all the calendars out there with the switched header rows: that was an appalling screw up on my part. I think I’ve sent the fixed version out to anyone who has complained, but if anybody else would like to beta test v0.51, drop me a line.

It’s not just a bug fix revision as it has some nice additions courtesy of jakob’s extended feedback, as well as bits and pieces from those people who have contributed over the past few weeks. I’ve even rejigged the layout of the plugin help a bit. Thank you all for your feedback and patience while I ironed out the gremlins.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#693 2011-05-20 16:18:02

Manaus
Website

Hello,
I’m trying to use the beautiful smd_calendar, but I can’t figure out the knack of listing events.
That is, the calendar shows the active life of the message, not of the event.
Say I’d like to have an article, active by now, that next Sunday there will be some meeting. I want to publish just the Sunday event, but at the moment I can manage to publish the article at publishing date.
I hope I explained this complicated issue enough :)

Thanks!

#694 2011-05-21 19:43:14

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Manaus wrote:

I’m trying to use the beautiful smd_calendar

I’ve heard it called a lot of things, but never beautiful. Thanks!

Say I’d like to have an article, active by now, that next Sunday there will be some meeting.

You’ll probably want to look into the datefields attribute. This allows you to nominate one or two custom fields to hold the actual event start and end dates. If you are not concerned about event expiry, you can use a single custom field, e.g. datefields="custom_3". Then simply edit your article and put the event’s start date in custom_3. Set your regular Textpattern Posted field to now so the article becomes live: your Sunday event will appear on the calendar now.

There are one or two little problems in v0.50 with the datefield that saccade pointed out above. They are now fixed in the next version, which is almost done.

#695 2011-05-30 12:56:52

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

The predominantly bug-fix v0.51 is released. Features/fixes:

• Switched header items to correct orientation (thanks Els)
  • Improved URL structure and added MLP URL support (thanks Els and lonelytraveller)
  • Added date support to maintain
  • Added smd_event_info and (currently undocumented) smd_event_duration tags (thanks jakob)
  • Permitted smd_if_cal inside smd_article_event
  • Added custom field clauses to smd_article_event so you can filter the events further (thanks jakob)
  • Fixed missing entries for spanned events (thanks woof)
  • Fixed minical default rendering (thanks kevinpotts)
  • Fixed posted dates in minical
  • Fixed extra dates when using allspanned in smd_article_event (thanks jakob)
  • Fixed spanned events when using datefields (thanks saccade)
  • Rejigged the documentation

Although the focus is on bugs, this release does bring some useful new features. Firstly, you can now use <txp:smd_if_cal /> inside your <txp:smd_article_event /> form/container. And there’s a new tag <txp:smd_event_info /> for displaying event information there too. The tags work identically to the way they work in smd_calendar, although there are fewer items available to the smd_event_info tag. If you add debug="1" (or 2) to the tag you’ll see what’s available for use.

The second new tag, <txp:smd_event_duration /> is little more than a fancy date display mechanism for spanned events, courtesy of a code idea supplied by jakob. Due to space requirements, however, this tag is not documented in the help. I’m working on a companion article on my site which will serve as further documentation and also some examples of the calendar in action. For now, here’s some ideas of what the tag can do; primarily, it allows “nice” dates to be displayed for spanned events. For example:

• For a 10-day event that starts on 20th May it outputs 20 - 29 May 2011
  • For a 10-day event that starts on 30th May it outputs 30 May - 8 Jun 2011
  • For a 10-day event that starts on 24th December it outputs 24 Dec 2011 - 2 Jan 2012

And so on. In other words, it displays the shortest abbreviated date range, without repeating information. You can customise the tag a little using the separator (default is a hyphen) and format parameter (usual strftime codes are allowed), but please note that the ‘year’ portion of your format must occur at either end of the string. If it appears in the middle then you’ll get some weird dates out. I’ve tested it with a variety of US and European date formats and it’s worked ok so far, but it’s not foolproof. Oh, you can also alter the start and end dates — they default to the Posted and Expiry of the current event.

I hope this version and the bug fixes helps some folk out. Please let me know how you get on.

Last edited by Bloke (2011-05-30 13:15:56)

#696 2011-05-31 10:28:01

decoderltd
Website

Hi Stef,

This looks great, thanks for all the hard work.

My headers have now returned to normal and I really like the new <txp:smd_event_duration /> tag, very handy for those spanned events. I’ve dropped it onto one of the sites I’m working on and noticed a couple of things. In my event article it displays a comma at the end of month+date (Tuesday, May 31, – Friday, June 03, 2011) while on the home page listing the start date seems to change to the current day (today) rather than the posted date – but maybe that has something to do with my form:

<txp:smd_article_event stepfield="custom_13" skipfield="custom_14" omitfield="custom_15" extrafield="custom_16" wraptag="dl" time="future" limit="1" eventlimit="3" expired="0" sort="Posted asc" allspanned="1" >
<txp:variable name="events" value='<txp:custom_field name="Event Category" />' />
<txp:if_variable name="events" value="">
      <dd>No Events scheduled at present, check back soon.</dd>
   <txp:else />
         <txp:variable name="upcoming_events" value='<txp:custom_field name="Event Category" />' />
               <txp:if_variable name="upcoming_events" value="Match">
         <txp:else />
               <dt><txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink></dt>
               <dd><txp:smd_event_duration format="%A, %B %d, %Y" /></dd>
         </txp:if_variable>
</txp:if_variable>
</txp:smd_article_event>

Edit: Changing or removing the ‘Expired’ attribute doesn’t seem to correct the problem.

Last edited by decoderltd (2011-05-31 10:49:51)

Board footer