Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#553 2010-07-07 13:44:27

renobird
Website

Re: smd_calendar: complete schedule / event / calendar / diary

Use spanform and write the contents of what you do want to see in the continuation cells in that form.

Thanks Stef,
I finally digested all the documentation and see now that it was right there in plain sight. – doh!.

:)

#554 2010-07-08 07:50:09

wornout
Website

Bloke wrote:

What about it? Which bits of the calendar would you want to interact with MLP? The various names can already be changed (sort of) using monthformat or dayformat so if you’re clever with the MLP tags you can probably detect which one is in use and set the monthformat/dayformat accordingly.

I did only few test and the only was in month navigation. Using the next/prev arrow produce an error page.
Maybe it’s a problem with my configuration. I’m testing it…

#555 2010-07-08 19:22:20

els

wornout wrote:

Using the next/prev arrow produce an error page.
Maybe it’s a problem with my configuration. I’m testing it…

I don’t think it’s your configuration, I had the same problem when I tested it about a year ago…

Stef, because I’m sure there are more MLP users who’d love to use smd_calendar, here’s a question for you: where should we start? Would it be better to adapt MLP to work with smd_calendar, or would the other way round be more logical? I’m asking you because you’re not completely unfamiliar with MLP. If we know which developer(s) we should be nagging, we could try and raise a ransom if that would help.
And once we’ve got an answer to this question, I’ll be more than happy to do some necessary testing to find out where the compatibility problem lies exactly. As long as someone tells me what to test ;)

#556 2010-07-08 19:32:34

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Els wrote:

I don’t think it’s your configuration, I had the same problem when I tested it about a year ago…

Yes, you’re right. I think it’s more likely to be smd_calendar that needs patching than MLP. I remember now you’ve jogged my memory (thanks!) that the problem is that I currently make the next/prev links manually in the code. MLP won’t get a look-in because smd_calendar handles generation of the links internally so the URL is probably not getting rewritten to site.com/nl/some_section/article?m=2010-08.

When I stop messing around with the core and get back to my (very kindly donated by mrdale) testing environment I can continue work on the plugin. I’ll keep this in mind as I ferret away at making the plugin do what it’s supposed to do out of the tin.

Last edited by Bloke (2010-07-08 19:33:10)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#557 2010-07-08 19:42:49

els

Great! Let me know when you stop messing around with the core ;) There’s no hurry as far as I’m concerned, but I think I can invest ‘something’ because I’m quite sure some clients will like the availability calendar I was working on :)

#558 2010-08-26 15:21:55

Clayton

Doing my head in! All I want is a small calendar on most pages to show links to future articles. At first I wanted it to show future article links from 2 sections and, when clicked, show them in the appropriate section, but I gave up on that and made a dedicated ‘events’ section, and have put all future articles in events section.

When I click the link I prefer if it goes straight to the article, but I couldn’t get it to do this so I gave up and put up with it going to list of articles in ‘events’ section.

OK, I can live with that but, all my experimentation was in same month and now I find when I click calendar nav to next/prev month, it wants to use front page. I tried maintain=“section” but this shows s= in url but still wants to use front page. I have

<txp:smd_calendar time="future" size="small" id="small-calendar" showall="1" section="events" maintain="section" /> 

but it refuses to use the dedicated ‘events’ section. Is there a way I can get it not to use front page, or perhaps make it output clean urls instead of messy ones?

#559 2010-09-01 13:44:09

ripka

Clayton, the easiest workaround is using the html base tag to set the base href to your events section.

#560 2010-09-01 19:07:00

Clayton

ripka, thank you! That’s done the trick. Finally found a used for the base href tag! Never needed it before. Cheers.

#561 2010-09-03 20:16:15

progre55

TXPers:

This one is probably and easy one —- right now my calendar only shows up thru December 2010 — how can I get it to display next year also …

progre55

#562 2010-09-04 07:24:06

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

progre55 wrote:

how can I get it to display next year also …

Take a look at the yearwidth attribute.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#563 2010-09-07 13:46:22

progre55

Bloke:

Will do & thanks — as usual —-

progre55

#564 2010-10-11 17:31:43

sacripant
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Steph,

A huge Plug’in, where I lost myself.
I want to display a small calendar in a “events” section.
And when we click on a date, we display the current events on this day.

exemple :
“event 1” start “01” expire “06”
“event 2” start “03” expire “07”
“event 3” start “05” expire “09”

01  02  03  04  05  06  07  08  09  10
event 1     x   x   x   x   x   x
event 2             x   x   x   x   x 
event 3                     x   x   x   x   x

When we click on 05, I want a list with:

• event 1
  • event 2
  • event 3

and when we click on 07, I want a list with :

• event 2
  • event 3

First probleme
When I click on a date, I leave the “event” section to go the site root
<txp:site_url/>?date=2010-10-11 and not <txp:site_url/>event/?date=2010-10-11
and I’m playing with the attribute “maintain”, but nothing

Second probleme
I can’t retrieve the clicked date value (?date=2010-10-11) with <txp:smd_cal_now />. To view the results of the clicked date.

third problem
When I asked to list the events of 07:

<txp:smd_article_event from='2010-10-07' to='2010-10-07' allspanned="1" wraptag="ul">
	<li><txp:permlink><b><txp:title/></b></txp:permlink></li>
</txp:smd_article_event>

“Event 1” is included in the list, with “event 2 and 3”.

When I asked to list the events of 08:
“Event 2” is included in the list, with “event 3” (not event 1).

When I asked to list the events of 09:
Only “event 3”

As if the events lasted 1 day longer

It’s hard for me to tame this plug’in

Board footer