You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#253 2009-05-05 17:46:13

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: smd_calendar: complete schedule / event / calendar / diary

Josefin wrote:

for some reason the today date is invisible

Hmmm. One thing that immediately springs to mind is the order of your stylesheet rules. Take a look in Firebug at today’s cell and note how many other flags/classes there are in it. Then check your stylesheet. Most of the time you’ll want the ‘today’ rule last (after all other cell classes) so it overrides any other flags in the cell. If it’s not that I don’t know unless you can send me a link to the site so I can have a look.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#254 2009-05-05 19:39:27

FireFusion

How to I get an event to repeat everyday or just Monday to Friday every week?

#255 2009-05-05 20:17:10

FireFusion

My Skipfield and extra fields aren’t working. Can anyone see anything wrong?

<div id="calendar_full">
			<div id="event_calendar">
<txp:smd_calendar category="calendar-event" yearwidth="c,1c" firstday="0" stepfield="custom_1" skipfield="custom_2" extrafield="custom_3" select="month::, year::">

<p class="vevent <txp:category1 />">
<a class="summary" href="<txp:if_custom_field name="event_alternative_link"> 
<txp:custom_field name="event_alternative_link" /><txp:else />
<txp:permlink /></txp:if_custom_field>
" target="_parent">
<span class="dtstart" title="<txp:posted format="%G-%m-%d" />"><txp:posted format="%I:%M %p" /> -</span> <txp:title /></a>
</p>

</txp:smd_calendar>

and in my fields as a test i tried…

custom_1: 10 ?month,25 ?month
custom_2: 25-may-2009
custom_3: 18-may-2009

UPDATE skip and extra fields definitely aren’t working on my local server. Tried some of the example setups you gave. No idea why

Last edited by FireFusion (2009-05-05 21:37:20)

#256 2009-05-06 06:36:47

FireFusion

My Diagnotic tab is as follows…

Textpattern version: 4.0.8 (r3085)
Last Update: 2009-01-23 21:26:16/2009-01-23 21:11:45
Document root: C:/wamp/www/kmc.new (C:\wamp\www\kmc.new)
$path_to_site: C:\wamp\www\kmc.new
Textpattern path: C:\wamp\www\kmc.new\textpattern
Permanent link mode: title_only
upload_tmp_dir: c:/wamp/tmp
Temporary directory path: C:/wamp/www/kmc.new/textpattern/tmp
Site URL: kmc.new
PHP version: 5.2.5
GD Image Library: bundled (2.0.34 compatible); supported formats: GIF, JPG, PNG.
Server Local Time: 2009-05-06 07:34:54
MySQL: 5.0.51a-community-nt
Locale: en_GB.UTF-8
Server: Apache/2.2.8 (Win32) PHP/5.2.5
Apache version: Apache/2.2.8 (Win32) PHP/5.2.5
PHP Server API: apache2handler
RFC 2616 headers: 
Server OS: Windows NT 6.0
Active plugins: chh_if_data-0.10, rvm_privileged-0.3, smd_calendar-0.42a, mg_setheader-0.1, yab_shop_core-0.7.0, yab_shop_config-0.7.0, yab_shop_3rd_party-0.7.0, rah_sitemap-0.4, rvm_css-0.4, hak_tinymce-0.7.4, stm_article_order-0.2, adi_variables-0.1, ebl-image-edit-2.0

#257 2009-05-06 11:20:24

FireFusion

Also this template isn’t outputting posted or expires times but is outputting the events

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:Gigs Calendar
PRODID:-//Apple Computer, Inc//iCal 1.5//EN
X-WR-TIMEZONE:Europe/London
<txp:smd_article_event time="future" limit="1000" category="calendar-event" stepfield="custom_1" skipfield="custom_2" extrafield="custom_3">

BEGIN:VEVENT
 DTSTART:<txp:posted format="%Y%m%dT%H%i%s" />
 DTEND:<txp:expires format="%Y%m%dT%H%i%s" />
 SUMMARY:<txp:title />

END:VEVENT
</txp:smd_article_event>
END:VCALENDAR

#258 2009-05-06 11:24:28

FireFusion

I think there is something wrong with the time system on my local server because if I use

<txp:posted format="%Y" />

It outputs the year fine.

#259 2009-05-06 13:37:50

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

FireFusion wrote:

How to I get an event to repeat everyday or just Monday to Friday every week?

Every day: put 1 day in your stepfield for the event. It’ll repeat every day until the expiry time.
Mon-Fri: tricky. How long for? That will determine the best way of doing it. You could set it up as above and then simply list each weekend date in an omitfield. Or set it up as a single spanned event from Monday to Friday and then use extrafield to list all the Mondays you wish it to repeat (remember to add a + to each date so it copies the entire span). Other than that it’s probably a bit awkward if you have the same event repeated week in week out for years on end. woof might have some insight here as he did a site for a show that went on for a few weeks Monday to Friday. See if any of his posts in this thread help.

this template isn’t outputting posted or expires times

Check the strftime manual. %s (lower case ‘s’) has a special meaning and %i doesn’t exist. I think my example is wrong, sorry: I’ll fix it.

Last edited by Bloke (2009-05-06 13:40:32)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#260 2009-05-06 14:57:59

FireFusion

Thanks Stef.

Any idea why my cancel and extra fields aren’t working?

#261 2009-05-06 17:03:26

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

FireFusion wrote:

Any idea why my cancel and extra fields aren’t working?

Nope :-(

I copy n pasted your code (just changed the category name to one that I already had set up) and the exact same three sets of dates. I saw the events in my calendar as expected: on the 10th and 25th of every month except May which had one on the 10th and one on the 18th. Very odd.

I’ve never tested the plugin in a Windows environment (I don’t have such a server) and also never on a local install. Whether that has any bearing on it I don’t know but if it does I’d love to know why. Does anyone else have any insight here?

#262 2009-05-07 11:55:22

FireFusion

Hi Stef,

I’ve started a fresh on my sever and fields are working now :) But having some odd problems with some events (wrong days, not repeating etc). Do you mind if I send you a login for you to have a look. I really can’t see why it’s not appearing as expected.

Feature request
Ability to repeat expired events.

Say I have some weekly classes that run on Mondays and Tuesdays (multiday event) most of the year except a few weeks. It would be good to just repeat that as a multi day event and just list the term break dates to cancel. The holiday variable wouldn’t work in this case as i need other events on those days to run.

It could work like this…

Stepfield = 7 days+
Omitfield = 18-may-2009+,25-may-2009+,etc

The plus on the step field indicates it should exceed it’s expiry time. Does that make sense?

#263 2009-05-07 15:24:35

FireFusion

Feature request 2

Today button. Is you choose to have the drop style nav it would be good to have a “Today” button next to it that takes you to Today on the calendar.

#264 2009-05-07 18:02:05

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

FireFusion

Sure, send me a login. Can’t guarantee I can help in a timely fashion right now, but I’ll try. Also, thanks for the feature requests. That first one I thought about today after trying to sort out your Mon-Fri thing. I’m wondering whether it’s possible to relax the restriction on spanned events not being allowed to repeat via stepfield. Will give it some thought. Same with your 2nd request “Today” button.

Board footer