Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#241 2009-04-29 20:25:32

zeusdidit

Re: smd_calendar: complete schedule / event / calendar / diary

Bloke wrote:

If I’ve understood correctly, try setting the article’s Posted/Expires dates as normal and use the datefields attribute to specify one or two custom fields to hold the date the actual event is to occur/expire.

If I set an “Posted/Expired” date would that remove the event from my list of articles?

#242 2009-04-29 22:12:18

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

zeusdidit wrote:

If I set an “Posted/Expired” date would that remove the event from my list of articles?

Depends on your article / smd_article_event tag. TXP’s posted/expires is the date the article shows up in your regular article flow; whether that’s now or in the future.

If you use the datefields attribute you’d normally set your Posted/Expires to sometime “now” and use datefields to “advertise” your event coming up in future on particular dates.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#243 2009-04-30 11:10:46

pogonik
Website

is smd_calendar compatible with MLP? My calendar address is localhost/site/en/?date=2009-04-29&s=section , but when i hit navnext or navprev i get localhost/en/?date=2009-04-29&s=section …

Last edited by pogonik (2009-04-30 11:11:14)

#244 2009-04-30 11:49:36

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

pogonik wrote:

My calendar address is localhost/site/en/?date=2009-04-29&s=section , but when i hit navnext or navprev i get localhost/en/?date=2009-04-29&s=section …

As far as I can tell, there is nothing in the calendar that MLP can alter. The columns are customisable by you and already locale sensitive. The injection of the /en/ in the URL structure is handled by MLP itself so if it is not doing it in this case then I would hazard a guess it is because it cannot handle ? variables like the calendar gives. You’re not using MLP in a subdirectory are you?

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#245 2009-04-30 12:14:33

pogonik
Website

Bloke wrote:

You’re not using MLP in a subdirectory are you?

I’m not sure what do you mean by that…I’ve just installed txp in root directory of localhost, and have add mlp as a plugin…i don’t have some subdirectories neather inside or outside of txp…after that i’ve add your plugin, i’ve put <txp:smd_calendar section=“mysection” size=“small”/> on page, and that’s it…hmmm I’ll check all once more, …

#246 2009-04-30 15:41:50

els

Bloke wrote:

As far as I can tell, there is nothing in the calendar that MLP can alter.

Stef: quoting myself (regarding MLP and smd_calendar):

…the problem was in the calendar navigation. When using the dropdown to navigate to another month it lost the language marker in the URL, and when using the >> arrows, the language marker was kept, but the section name (calendar) went missing. Or the other way around, I don’t remember exactly.

Last edited by els (2009-04-30 15:43:02)

#247 2009-04-30 20:42:35

pogonik
Website

yes els, that’s exacly what is happening. i didn’t saw that thread you’ve quoted…is there any solution?

#248 2009-04-30 21:39:40

els

pogonik wrote:

i didn’t saw that thread you’ve quoted…is there any solution?

You couldn’t have seen it because it was in an email :) At the moment the two just don’t work together, but now that Stef is also involved in MLP development, let’s just wait and hope ;)

#249 2009-05-01 16:43:26

pogonik
Website

:-( sad to hear that…i know that this is not the right place, but can anyone suggest me some txp calendar as alternative, compatible with mpl. I really need something in next 6-7 days…and Stef, you’re one of the rare people whos work keeps txp alive…hopefully more popular in future

#250 2009-05-02 05:05:39

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

pogonik wrote:

can anyone suggest me some txp calendar as alternative, compatible with mpl.

I don’t know of one. I’d forgotten about the MLP navigation issue (thanks for the reminder, Els!) so I’ll look into it. I can’t promise it’ll be within 6-7 days but I will try to find some time as soon as I can.

#251 2009-05-03 23:53:27

pogonik
Website

hey, don’t get me wrong…I didn’t mean to hurry you and really appreciate for all help…btw, if someone is interested, seems that zem_event can handle mlp ( with some small problems)…althought surely i’m going to replace it as soon as stef fix smd_calendar

#252 2009-05-05 15:35:44

Josefin

Hi. I tried your calendar and it works great. But suddenly I noticed that for some reason the today date is invisible. I thought at first it was my stylesheet (its a green calendar and todays date should be white on a darker green background), that i made the “today” textcolor the same as the background, but the css seem correct, and the date is not even selectable as i guess i would be if it was there but had the same color as the backgound. What might be wrong?

#calendar td.smd_cal_today {
background-color:#669933;
border:1px solid #FFFFFF;
color:#FFFFFF;
}

Board footer