Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2009-08-06 06:59:19

monicahu

Re: [resolved] Mail comments to author no longer working

I have installed 4.0.8 and the site is using zem_contact_reborn. I could send out add-user-emails and password-reset-emails from TXP, as well as receiving emails via contact form using the zem_contact_reborn up until 27 Jul 2009. However, now I find that I can’t send any password-rest-emails. I simply get “could not mail xxxx”. The new user did not get invite email. And the zem_contact_reborn Contact form couldn’t send mail at all.

Which part of the system should I look into? I’ve asked the hosting server administrator to check the SMTP service and he said he couldn’t see any problem and said there was no change in the last week. Our site can no longer accept information from the public through the Contact Form any more. The worst is: we just launch the new site in July!

Please HELP!

Last edited by monicahu (2009-08-06 10:41:38)

Monica
Life with God is the purpose.

#14 2009-08-07 05:02:34

monicahu

Re: [resolved] Mail comments to author no longer working

monicahu wrote:

I have installed 4.0.8 and the site is using zem_contact_reborn. I could send out add-user-emails and password-reset-emails from TXP, as well as receiving emails via contact form using the zem_contact_reborn up until 27 Jul 2009. However, now I find that I can’t send any password-rest-emails. I simply get “could not mail xxxx”. The new user did not get invite email. And the zem_contact_reborn Contact form couldn’t send mail at all. Which part of the system should I look into? I’ve asked the hosting server administrator to check the SMTP service and he said he couldn’t see any problem and said there was no change in the last week. Our site can no longer accept information from the public through the Contact Form any more. The worst is: we just launch the new site in July!

The problem has been resolved. It’s the security setting on the server that was causing this problem.
Monica

Last edited by monicahu (2009-08-07 05:04:10)

Monica
Life with God is the purpose.

Board footer