Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2008-12-20 06:07:56

slinkster1

Re: Trouble with 4.0.7 during pre-flight check

Thanks, everyone.
Destry, I am on a MAC and am using Fetch as FTP client. I thought it was pretty intuitive to upload files again as binary, but it did not do the trick.
Still get the ugly red message that the below files have been modified. Serious or not, I want those green checks. :) What to do? Thanks.

/lib/class.thumb.php,
/lib/txplib_html.php,
/../rpc/index.php,
/../rpc/TXP_RPCServer.php ?

#38 2008-12-20 07:18:36

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Steve, while a modified file can indicate a hacked version, the opposite isn’t true. Your TXP install can be hacked without any modified files showing on the diagnostics tab. Checking is really done for diagnostic purposes, since some people do modify files intentionally and then ask for support if it breaks.

#39 2008-12-20 12:23:23

Destry
Website

net-carver wrote:

Hi Destry, very useful — and more so with Ruud’s latest code commits (r3042 and r3043) to address the false positives from the line-ending issues and display full file paths.

Yes, those are nice changes indeed.

slinkster1 wrote:

Still get the ugly red message that the below files have been modified. Serious or not, I want those green checks. :) What to do? Thanks.

I know what you mean, the green checks have a satisfying effect. :) Wish I knew how to ensure them, though. I still have one that I can’t get rid of no matter what /../index.php. It used to tell me it was out of date, now it’s just says it’s been modified. It’s cursed. At least I know it has not been hacked.

Board footer