Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2004-03-01 12:24:26

Dean
Founder (Gone, but not forgotten)
Website

Re: Movable Type Import 0.4

> arepare wrote:

> Any chance of being able to import from b2 (cafelog)?

Okey dokey, artichokey

text*

#26 2004-03-02 09:24:16

dubh
Website

Just testing the 0.4 version of the nifty import script on my local machine which also has a couple MT test blogs on it… and I’m just recording a couple observations here. Happy to test this repeatedly if it’s any help. Otherwise I can wait. :-)

It quite happily imported the first 174 entries, but then spat the following error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /Users/alan/Sites/txp/textpattern/lib/classTextile.php on line 769

Also, all the imported postings arrived with Comments “off” by default, even though I have both “Accept Comments” and “On by Default” checked to “Yes” in txp prefs.

Alan Macdougall — http://halfpie.net/

#27 2004-03-02 22:35:23

lfm
Website

I got the same “maximum execution time” error and worked around it as follows:

1. Export MT database into .sql text file
2. Create brand new database called “mtdump”
3. Import .sql text file into database
4. Run import script using “mtdump” as source DB
5. Run into “maximum execution time” error, somewhere in the middle of importing entries
6. Delete all rows from mt_entry table in “mtdump” database up to the point where the error occurred. I did this by hand, checking the boxes in phpMyAdmin. The import script does not import in ID order! sorting by ID won’t help!
7. Run import script again.

I got all the way through it the second time, but you perceive that you can loop through steps 5-7 as needed.

——Ne omnes errabundi perditi sunt.——

#28 2004-03-03 03:10:02

froehle
Website

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /Users/alan/Sites/txp/textpattern/lib/classTextile.php on line 769

You can extend the maximum runtime of the script by a call to

set_time_limit(<new time in seconds>);

For example, adding set_time_limit(300); to allow the script to run for 5 minutes without timing out. The option can also be set globally in php.ini as max_execution_time.

Last edited by froehle (2004-03-03 03:10:24)

#29 2004-03-03 05:03:21

rpg
Website

Any way this script could be modified to support the import of a hosted MT database into a private (local) database? I tried this script on a couple of machines but keep getting a permissions error because the script is trying to login as “login@my_isp-appended_domain_name”, instead of just “login”, which is what I have entered in the script variable.

#30 2004-03-03 07:12:54

froehle
Website

> rpg wrote:

> Any way this script could be modified to support the import of a hosted MT database into a private (local) database? I tried this script on a couple of machines but keep getting a permissions error because the script is trying to login as “login@my_isp-appended_domain_name”, instead of just “login”, which is what I have entered in the script variable.

You’re probably getting a permission denied error because you can’t login remotely to your ISP’s database. MySQL allows for control over which hosts can login, in addition to the users. When it gives you an error it displays it in user@host format though.

For example if I go to the command prompt and type

$mysql -u mt
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: ‘mt@localhost’ (Using password: NO)

It’s clear that the error message is of the form user@host.

If this is so, you might inquire as to getting a dump of your mysql database (then reimport it locally and go from there). Otherwise you could use the export feature of MT and then reimport it on a local MT installation.

Good luck!

#31 2004-03-03 14:27:09

rpg
Website

> If this is so, you might inquire as to getting a dump of your mysql database (then reimport it locally and go from there). Otherwise you could use the export feature of MT and then reimport it on a local MT installation.

Good point! I have shell access, so I can do this on my own. I just need to read up on the SQL commands to do this, I guess. Thanks for the idea.

#32 2004-03-03 14:35:59

Jennifer
Website

You can make a dump right from the phpmyadmin interface at your host. You don’t need to learn mysql commands for that, though they do come in handy! :)

Let me know if you need help with the dump – since I use the same host you do :) I can help with that!

#33 2004-03-03 19:42:49

fncll
Website

The script worked fine for me with the SQL modification given earlier in this thread to get categories (well, the first one, which is good enough). Some quirks because of my normal ascii syntax, in particular my habit of not separating pseudo em-dashes with spaces, which has resulted in quite a bit of “strikeout” text…

Dammit Jim, I’m a poet, not a programmer…
Joined the TXP Obsessed 2/25/04: http://www.chrislott.org/

#34 2004-03-12 01:08:29

zoe

Having trouble with these scripts. I’d like to import my MT. Using Dean’s method, I receive the error:
Duplicate entry ‘1’ for key 1

So, I tried pix’s method. I verified the mt.txt exported file isn’t all one line, it looks as it should I think. I uploaded both the mt.txt and mt2tp.cgi file to a directory. Filled in the details, and received this error:
Connected to destine_textpattern sucessfully
Importing files from mt.txt?
error, file not right?

And, that’s it. Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

-z

#35 2004-03-16 12:08:57

mapu

Hi,

I am new to TXP and I consider to migrate from MT to TXP. I tried out Dean’s migration-script and all the entries (incl. comments) from one blog of my MT-installation transferred well to the TXP-database.

So far so good. But there are two points, where I am not sure if I did something wrong or the script is still buggy.

1. all comments of the imported entries are closed?
2. all categories (from all MT-blogs) were imported – not only those from one blog_id, but no entry was assigned to its category. So I have now a plenty (actually too many!) of categories, but no entries in those categories.

Any hints? Thanks in advance and sorry for my eventually bad English ;-)

Board footer