Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#313 2005-09-01 05:24:43

jufemaiz
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: Plugin/Hack: Albumpattern

> blumie607 wrote:

> Nice to see that a new albumpattern is out. Can albumpattern handle batch uploads yet (like maybe uploading a zip and unpacking it)?

Yah – I’d be interested in implementing that into it… it’s not too hard, i’ve done it with my (rather quickly put together and never finished) gallery…

BE + MEngSc = engineer with a side dish of frustrated designer/developer with a penchant for photography outside

#314 2005-09-02 03:12:36

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Batch uploading official word: in time. It will be more like “upload the pictures to a directory, then pick the directory that has all the photos you want to use in it”.

#315 2005-09-03 04:12:18

blumie607
Website

Ok. Thanks for the update. That plan sounds fine, though.

bludrop studios .::. Creative Expression

#316 2005-09-03 04:41:46

firago

I need help. I probablly messed up during the upload, but i dont know what i did wrong. i enabled the plugin and everything, but when i go to albumpattern_install.php i get the following error.

> Warning: main(/home/public_html/textpattern/textpattern/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
> /home/canssite/public_html/textpattern/albumpattern_install.php on line 15

> Warning: main(/home/public_html/textpattern/textpattern/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in

> Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required ‘/home/public_html/textpattern/textpattern/config.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php’) in

#317 2005-09-03 18:28:55

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

> firago wrote:

> I need help. I probablly messed up during the upload, but i dont know what i did wrong. i enabled the plugin and everything, but when i go to albumpattern_install.php i get the following error.

> Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required ‘/home/public_html/textpattern/textpattern/config.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php’) in

You didn’t read the INSTALL directions. You’re supposed to open albumpattern_install.php, modify the two lines at the top of the file to fit your textpattern installation, upload it, run it. Then install and activate the plugin.

However, your current problem is probably caused by the you not setting $path_to_txp correctly, something like: /home/canssite/public_html/textpattern is probably appropriate.

#318 2005-09-03 18:39:25

richards
Website

So what’s a current version and example of albumpattern running on txp v4? I’m using deans method i found in another post. But I still wanted to check out the albumpattern way.

#319 2005-09-04 16:46:23

firago

greenrift; here is what i have in albumpatter_install.php

> <?php
> // Albumpattern Release 4
> // Installation File.
> // RUN THIS AFTER YOU HAVE INSTALLED THE PLUGIN AND HACK!

> // Path to TXP directory, no trailing slash
> $path_to_txp_config = ‘/home/public_html/textpattern/textpattern’;
> // Name of dedicated albumpattern section.
> $ap_section = ‘images’;

> // Don’t touch anything below here

#320 2005-09-05 06:28:27

Joey

Works great for me :) Thanks. I’m also looking forward to the batch uploading future :) Maybe there is a possibility to use this plugin

Regards,

Joey

#321 2005-09-05 23:08:20

blumie607
Website

That plugin sounds almost like what greenrift is talking about. Maybe he’s already planning on “using” the plugin?

bludrop studios .::. Creative Expression

#322 2005-09-06 01:22:36

firago

I am really looking forward to using this plugin because it looks really great, but i have run upon one snag.

When I go to albumpattern_install (which is in /public_html/textpattern/textpattern ) I get the following error:
> /home/canssite/public_html/textpattern/textpattern/albumpattern_install.php on line 15

> /home/canssite/public_html/textpattern/textpattern/albumpattern_install.php on line 15

> Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required ’/home/public_html/textpattern/textpattern/config.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php’) in

I have the following code in the top part of albumpattern_install:
> // Albumpattern Release 4
> // Installation File.
> // RUN THIS AFTER YOU HAVE INSTALLED THE PLUGIN AND HACK!

> // Path to TXP directory, no trailing slash
> $path_to_txp_config = ’/home/public_html/textpattern/textpattern’;
> // Name of dedicated albumpattern section.
> $ap_section = ‘images’;

> // Don’t touch anything below here

#323 2005-09-06 14:32:38

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

> firago wrote:
> I am really looking forward to using this plugin because it looks really great, but i have run upon one snag.

/home/canssite/public_html/textpattern/textpattern/albumpattern_install.php
/home/public_html/textpattern/textpattern/config.php

The problem is that your not setting $path_to_txp correctly. You are setting it to /home/public_html/textpattern/textpattern, when it should be /home/canssite/public_html/textpattern/textpattern. This is assuming that your Textpattern config.php file is actually in the directory /home/canssite/public_html/textpattern/textpattern.

#324 2005-09-09 20:16:21

firago

huh. i did that and now i am getting the following message.
> If you just updated and expect to see your site here, please also update the files in your main installation directory.
> (Otherwise note that publish.php cannot be called directly.)

Did i need to update the path somewhere else too?

PS. sorry it took me so long to get back to you, its just that i moved into prep school and it took me a while to set the interenet up. but thanks for all the help.

Board footer