Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2009-04-28 07:38:08

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: smd_tags: unlimited article, image, file and link taxonomy

johnstephens wrote:

The tag trace is telling me that [<txp:smd_if_tag name="">: true], but with the version v0.11 it returned false for tagged articles.

Crap, thanks for the report. I’ll look into why it’s changed and fix it.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#62 2009-04-28 20:56:51

danwoodward
Website

Super weird, for seemingly no reason my tags have disappeared from where they used to be (see attached image). There are tags in the database and in the admin interface but for some reason no tags are showing up under the “Tags” heading for my files. Why would this happen? Any help would be much appreciated.

Im running txp 4.0.8 and the .11 plugin version.

Last edited by danwoodward (2009-04-28 20:58:42)

#63 2009-04-28 21:18:20

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

Super weird, for seemingly no reason my tags have disappeared from where they used to be (see attached image).

This happened to me too. I found that the tags were still there in association with the articles, but the smd_tags Preferences had nothing checked for tag entry— I had to click one of the radio buttons to view them in the Write pane again.

#64 2009-04-28 22:03:44

danwoodward
Website

hmm, I’ve clicked an nudged everything it seems. I’ve even removed my tables (deleting everything) and uninstalled the plugin and reintalled and still… no tags are displayed there…

By the way, I only using these tags in context of files.

Last edited by danwoodward (2009-04-28 22:05:53)

#65 2009-04-29 14:55:37

danwoodward
Website

I’ve done some more trouble shooting trying to narrow down where this broke. I had the setup working on both my server and local system. It was on the server when it broke, I was uploading files via ftp and adding them in textpattern.

I went back to my local system and downloaded all my files from the server to try to replicate the problem locally, I put a bunch of files in the local file directory. In textpattern there was a large drop down to add existing files, and for some reason at that stage is when the tags disappear from the interface. Now, even when I revert back to just the files that are already in the database the tags still don’t show up.

I can not get the tags to show at all, any suggestions.

Thanks

#66 2009-04-29 20:59:08

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

Forgive me if this is a generic Textpattern issue or blatant user fault and not a smd_tags issue:

I have this code:

<txp:smd_related_tags type="article" label="Possibly related" labeltag="h3" wraptag="ul" break="li" />

And it gives me this as a list item:

<li><a href="http://designop.us/wrote/updated-every-year-whether-it-needs-it-or-not">A blog about visual storytelling & civil&#160;initiative</a></li> 

Notice the unescaped ampersand. I can’t figure out how to make it encode the ampersand as &amp;.

This is using smd_tags 0.1.11.

#67 2009-04-29 21:21:28

els

It’s this setting in advanced preferences: ‘Prevent widowed words in article titles?’ that adds the &#160; if set to ‘yes’.

#68 2009-04-29 23:50:50

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks, Els— the &#160; entity was expected. What I’m referring to is this bit, which is just before that in the title:

storytelling & civil

It should be storytelling &amp; civil. I just realized that the unescaped & appears in the same title when it comes up outside the smd_related_tags context, so I see that it’s not an issue with smd_tags. Sorry for mucking up the topic!

How do I get TXP to escape & characters entered in article titles so that they will be rendered as &amp;?

Last edited by johnstephens (2009-04-29 23:52:26)

#69 2009-04-30 15:59:41

els

johnstephens wrote:

What I’m referring to is this bit

Oh, sorry, I shouldn’t reply to posts without reading them properly…

#70 2009-07-08 19:58:07

gss@att.net

This is a terrific plugin!

I’m having one problem with it, though. I’m trying to display a list of images, and this tag:

<txp:smd_related_tags label="Photos:" type="image" wraptag="" break="" delim=" | " />

…causes this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function image_format_info() in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\judisbutterflies\textpattern\lib\txplib_misc.php(570) : eval()’d code on line 453

The documentation says to be sure to use TXP 4.0.8, and I am. Also PHP 5.2.1. I started with smd_tags admin v0.11 and client v0.1, then noticed on this forum that a v0.2 was available. But I wasn’t able to get admin v0.2 to upload. I don’t get an error message; when I click [upload] the textbox just clears and nothing happens. So now I’m on client v0.2 but still on admin v0.11, though it still seems to work. Although it didn’t correct the problem I was having.

Am I just doing something stupid? I did notice mention of a TXP patch on this forum, and I noticed some code at http://stefdawson.com/downloads/taghandlers_image_diff.txt that defines an image_format_info function. I’m willing to have a go at patching Textpattern if that might fix the problem.

I’m anxious to get this working, because I’m working on a geneaology site and would like to tag each photo with the names of those pictured, so I can display lists of images that contain specific people. smd_tags seems like the perfect plugin for that application.

#71 2009-07-08 21:42:39

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

gss@att.net wrote:

This is a terrific plugin!

Thanks. It’d be even better if it worked properly :-) One day…

Fatal error: Call to undefined function image_format_info()\

You’re right that this function is part of my patch that has yet to be consolidated / accepted / ratified / modged into the core. When and if it surfaces, smd_tags will work/be made to work with it so you can use it like you intend. Until that time, images remain 2nd class citizens so you will have to patch the core to promote them, I’m afraid.

Luckily, I think the patch is still applicable to TXP 4.0.8 (and even the current SVN branch of 4.2.0) because 90% of it simply adds new tags/functions. There are two modifications to existing tags but since those tags have not been changed in a long time, you should be good to go. If you’re handy with a diff program, you should be able to merge the changes from taghandlers_image straight into taghandlers.php and from txplib_misc_image to txplib_misc.php. Keep a backup of course in case things go sideways and let me know if you have any problems (or if it works of course!)

I wasn’t able to get admin v0.2 to upload.

Weird. Although it’ll work(ish) mixing client 0.2 and admin 0.11, you’ll find some things make TXP cry. Plus there are quite a few enhancements in 0.2 in the way URLs are handled. Did you try uploading the .zip version?

Last edited by Bloke (2009-07-08 21:43:27)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#72 2009-07-09 12:55:09

gss@att.net

If you’re handy with a diff program, you should be able to merge the changes

Unfortunately, I am so not handy with any diff programs, but the format of the diff file seemed self-explanatory, so I was able to muddle through applying the patches by hand, I think. At least everything works now. Oh, and did I mention everything works now (including images)! Yay!

This is a terrific plugin. I’m using it to build a site, maintained by multiple authors, in which articles, images, and files are all indexed by multiple categories such that all the information on any single topic can be pulled together quickly and easily. Have I mentioned that this is a terrific plugin?

Did you try uploading the .zip version?

That worked. Now I’m on v0.2 of both admin and client. Thank you!

Board footer