Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#169 2011-08-16 00:07:28

tye
Website

Re: smd_tags: unlimited article, image, file and link taxonomy

Hey curiouz – mine error wasn’t actually to do with smd_tags – I had 2

<txp:zem_contact to="recipient@example.com" form="contact_form" />

One on the page and one in the txp_form is was using (doh!)

When I removed one, all was good

#170 2011-08-25 08:56:04

mmelon

quick question: can this plugin (in combination with any of the permlink url schemes) achieve the following:

mysite.com/tag/article-name
mysite.com/tag/child-tag/article-name

because if it can wouldn’t that be the simplest way to implement the most flexible navigation?

do without sections at all and articles are given structure and context through a flexible tag hierarchy?

..hope so!

Mike

#171 2011-09-15 04:10:51

tye
Website

Hey Stef – I’m getting the following error in the admin when deleting a tag in Textpattern · 4.4.1 on:

Apache – 2.0.63
PHP – 5.2.13
MySQL – 5.1.44

And on

Apache – 2.2.19
PHP – 5.3.6
MySQL – 5.1.56-log

Warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1 select name from smd_tags where type='article' AND id IN () in /sitepath/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 89
Warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1 update smd_tags set parent='root' where type='article' AND id IN () in /sitepath/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 89

My tags aren’t attached to articles, I am just using them to outputing them like this:

<txp:smd_tag_list showall="1" shuffle="1" break="li" wraptag="ul"><txp:smd_tag_name link="0" /></txp:smd_tag_list>

Is that why?

#172 2011-09-21 05:27:35

tye
Website

Hey Steff… did you see this error? Am I doing something wrong?

#173 2011-09-21 08:17:15

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

tye wrote:

Am I doing something wrong?

Not as far as I can tell. You select the tag to delete on the admin side, hit the ‘x’ and you get that error? (it doesn’t matter how you actually use the tags on the public side).

I can’t replicate that here at the moment but I’m likely using different settings to you. Can you let me know what you have the following smd_tags prefs set to, and I’ll try it using the same values:

• Link tags to categories
  • When deleting a parent
  • Allow deletion of used tags

Thanks.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#174 2011-09-21 11:07:29

tye
Website

Thanks Stef :)

I’ve got these set as:

Link tags to categories – No
When deleting a parent – Promote children
Allow deletion of used tags – Yes

I changed them all to the opposite values separately – When deleting a parent seems to be the culprit. I changed it to “Delete children” and all was good – so maybe its because I have no children tags… and didn’t think leaving that setting would matter (sorry :))

#175 2011-09-21 11:17:13

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

tye wrote:

Link tags to categories – No / When deleting a parent – Promote children / Allow deletion of used tags – Yes

That’s what I have as default and I don’t see the error message on-screen, but….. it pops up in my error_log file. Aha! The plugin shouldn’t complain whether you’re using child cats not: it’s an oversight in the code.

Will fix it and issue the next beta, hopefully later today if I get a chance.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#176 2011-09-21 11:28:18

tye
Website

Cool :) Hopefully I was a help rather than hindrance :)

#177 2011-11-11 23:55:07

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

I’ve just learnt the hard way that your plugin, especially the admin part, doesn’t play well with orphaned, but still used, rss_suparchive. For some reason the monthly archive generated by the mentioned plugin insists displaying all months, not only the desired one.

Since I wasn’t really using smd_tag (just experimenting), this is not an assistance request: just to let you know, if you are still developing the plugin. Bye!

#178 2011-11-12 00:09:43

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Zanza wrote:

I’ve just learnt the hard way that your plugin, especially the admin part, doesn’t play well with orphaned, but still used, rss_suparchive.

I didn’t know that: I’ve never used rss_suparchive. I thought (maybe wrongly) it created public-side date-based archive article lists? In which case, how does the smd_tags admin side workflow clash with it? If you have an example of what my plugin does wrong then I can chase it down.

For some reason the monthly archive generated by the mentioned plugin insists displaying all months, not only the desired one.

This might be due to the fact that smd_tags erroneously outputs ?smd_tag and ?smd_tagtype URL parameters for all requests, including ones that have other URL vars posted such as ZCR form submissions and, I guess, date-based archive lists which use the URL heavily to influence their output. I’m not sure if this is the problem, but it’s a likely cuplrit.

For info, in the latest dev copy I have massively slashed the query count to about a tenth of what it was (yay!) along with frying some other minor but annoying bugs. I have five more bugs to chase down, including this stupid URL param thing, before I deem the next version release-worthy.

Last edited by Bloke (2011-11-12 00:10:23)

#179 2011-11-13 18:16:44

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Hello Stef.

I can’t dive more into the problem, because I didn’t use smd_tag on the front end. It’s just that, when smd_tags_admin is active, rss_suparchive display all months in the archive page even if you click on a single month. Surely it is some url vars handling (don’t know, maybe smd_tags_admin hijacking the vars and changing something that rss_suparchive can’t recognize).

Only thing to notice is that Rss_suparchive generate a unique url for every month in this format: www.site.com/archive/yyyy/mm, using a slash between year and month (different from other archive plugins, as upm_date_archive to say one). Don’t know if this could be a problem.

I’ve had this problem installing the great yoko theme, that by default installs and uses rss_suparchive. I’ve never used this plugin before. If you want to try, you could simply install yoko theme on one dummy site, then activate your smd_admin_tags and then click on a month archive in your front end. I hope this could help your investigation, let me know if I can do something more.

#180 2011-11-13 20:37:25

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Zanza wrote:

when smd_tags_admin is active

Crikey, what version are you using? I merged the plugin into one single smd_tags plugin ages ago!

maybe smd_tags_admin hijacking the vars and changing something that rss_suparchive can’t recognize

More than likely because of the bug I introduced in the latest version as I tried to make URL handling more clever. Thing is, I can’t remember why I made the changes I did. I know I did it for a reason to suit a particular tag application (I think it was for jakob, iirc) but I must have only tested it on that scenario and didn’t realise it had side-effects elsewhere by adding the variables to all URLs.

If I can dig out the original request from jakob I can try and replicate that on my server, then figure out a new way to serve both that use case and prevent the URL params appearing constantly everywhere else.

Board footer