Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#31 2009-05-11 18:28:10

floodfish
Website

Re: adi_cat_menu – Category & article menu

Yes, I set up that the articles form exactly as specified. It just makes a list of category names, but no article titles.

rss_unlimited_categories_related isn’t working for me, either. It brings up a list of related articles, but won’t display the category name by which they’re related. Very frustrating!!!

(I tried disabling some potentially conflicting plugins, but haven’t found anything that helps.)

#32 2009-05-19 07:24:53

jpdupont
Website

Hello Adi,
Is it possible to get an option to remove the link over category name ?

Like this :

//$out[] = ‘<a href=”’.$cat_url.’”>’.$title.’</a>’;
$out[] = $title;

#33 2009-05-19 20:01:51

jpdupont
Website

Is it possible to filter by category1 and/or category2 ? I want to be allowed to list articles by category1 or category2.

#34 2009-05-20 04:54:15

gomedia
Plugin Author
Website

floodfish wrote:

Yes, I set up that the articles form exactly as specified. It just makes a list of category names, but no article titles.

I sent you an email requesting some diagnostics but in the meantime this works for me:

<txp:adi_cat_menu parent="alphabet" sort="title asc" article_attr='sortby="title" sortdir="asc"' rss_unlimited="1" />

where “alphabet” is the parent category & the output is categories “a, b, c” together with their articles.

#35 2009-05-20 04:59:21

gomedia
Plugin Author
Website

jpdupont wrote:

Is it possible to get an option to remove the link over category name ?

I would think so!

Is it possible to filter by category1 and/or category2 ? I want to be allowed to list articles by category1 or category2.

Let me look into it.

#36 2009-06-05 08:22:51

floodfish
Website

Sorry for the long silence—I’ve been cleaning up a bunch of other stuff on the site, and just came back to this. I’m not sure if something I fixed elsewhere unbroke the problem I was having here or if I was just doing things wrong, but now it works!

The sample code Adi provided works just fine, and was a great starting point towards tweaking most of what I needed.

My problem now is that the urls are wrong. The links default to “/category/category-name”, but I am using a section called “categories”, not category.

Is this path/section adjustable via the plugin as it now stands? The “section” attribute won’t work, as I don’t want to restrict my list of articles to the “categories” section (there are no articles in it!).

Perhaps it’s a fix related to jpdupont’s request to get an option to remove the links on category names? (which I would also find useful!)

#37 2009-06-05 22:24:18

gomedia
Plugin Author
Website

floodfish wrote:

Sorry for the long silence—I’ve been cleaning up a bunch of other stuff on the site, and just came back to this. I’m not sure if something I fixed elsewhere unbroke the problem I was having here or if I was just doing things wrong, but now it works!

Phew.

My problem now is that the urls are wrong. The links default to “/category/category-name”, but I am using a section called “categories”, not category.

That’s because when you link to a category, the standard format of the URL is “/category/category-name”. The “category” bit means category not a section called category.

Is this path/section adjustable via the plugin as it now stands? The “section” attribute won’t work, as I don’t want to restrict my list of articles to the “categories” section (there are no articles in it!).

Not sure if I understand why you’d want to link to a specific section when there are no articles within it.

Perhaps it’s a fix related to jpdupont’s request to get an option to remove the links on category names? (which I would also find useful!)

I’ve got a beta waiting in the wings (I’ll email you the download link).

#38 2009-06-05 23:58:11

floodfish
Website

The link attribute in the beta works great! I wasn’t sure what else to test, but will keep you posted as I use the plugin more.

Re. categories/category … I think you have pointed out a gap in my understanding of Textpattern’s default structure. Thank you, and now I’m gonna buckle down and hopefully can repoint everything to follow that structure.

Not an actual need at present, but: is there anyway to specify a form to use instead of adi_cat_menu_rss_articles if I need different forms on different parts of the site? (I could perhaps put some logic into adi_cat_menu_rss_articles to deal with this, but that seems a bit backwards.)

#39 2009-06-06 00:10:46

floodfish
Website

OK, just thought of a new feature I’d love to see (or have someone explain how I can do it with the existing plugin):

A “name” attribute for anchor tags on the category names, to set up navigation jumps within the page. On a long listing page, this would be really handy. (Ideally, this could be operational even when link=“0”.)

#40 2009-06-06 02:20:35

gomedia
Plugin Author
Website

floodfish wrote:

Not an actual need at present, but: is there anyway to specify a form to use instead of adi_cat_menu_rss_articles if I need different forms on different parts of the site?

adi_cat_menu was written for 4.0.6 & is a bit primitive in its form usage. I’ve got some ideas to improve this & I’ll add user-specified forms to my to-do list.

A “name” attribute for anchor tags on the category names, to set up navigation jumps within the page. On a long listing page, this would be really handy. (Ideally, this could be operational even when link=“0”.)

Have you got an example? Do you mean fragment anchors (e.g. …/category/cat-name/#fragment)?

Board footer