You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2008-11-03 19:15:16

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [superseded] rah_output_section_form

The correct syntax is:

<txp:output_form form="section_" />

The current section is automatically used by the plugin without using a <txp:section tag.

#14 2008-11-03 19:41:17

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

sthmtc wrote:

i’m not sure if i’m getting this right… but isn’t this going to be obsolete with 4.0.7?

Yep, it can, but would return error message too when there is no form found, and it wouldn’t return default form.

Also, this plugin is old, note: really old, initially from 2007 – before existence of 4.0.7 parser (I don’t publish my plugins always after I write’em – I just absolutely hate writing docs plus this plugins is useless now days, that is why I wasn’t even sure should i publish it :D). Also IHMO new parser method is slower (by couple ms) ;)

I would recommend not using all my plugins – this can be done with simple PHP. But i released this because all of us don’t (then) know how to use PHP. This was so said build to help clients work that want to write their own code, but don’t handle conditional tags. And because i used php version for all site i do, i thought it would be easier to use one single tag for the job, thus the plugin.

And may i correct you? Your example is wrong too – a tiny bit; note that " should be ' when using tags inside tags ;)

Last edited by Gocom (2008-11-03 19:46:14)

#15 2008-11-03 20:38:14

sthmtc
Website

thanks for the clarification jukka, i thought this was a brand new plugin of yours and it therefore automatically caught my interest :)

Last edited by sthmtc (2008-11-03 20:38:37)

#16 2008-11-07 17:33:17

kyber

sthmtc wrote:

i’m not sure if i’m getting this right… but isn’t this going to be obsolete with 4.0.7?
i thought that with the new tag parser you could do:
< txp:output_form form=“section_<txp:section />” />

Indeed you can and I have done so (I am running on latest SVN).
There is no error if the form does not exist.

Stuart

Last edited by kyber (2008-11-07 17:35:36)

#17 2008-11-15 20:44:25

douglgm
Website

Gocom wrote:

Probably coming this week ;)

Any chance of category support soon? (Damn I need to learn how to write my own plugins)

Doug.

#18 2008-11-15 21:10:30

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

douglgm wrote:

Any chance of category support soon?

New version, 0.3 up of rah_output_section_form. Changelog:

• Added attribute: type.
  • Added category support.

More info and downloads

douglgm wrote:

Damn I need to learn how to write my own plugins

That requires programming skills, if you don’t like it (PHP etc coding), I would advice, may not. It’s pain if you don’t like it ;)

Last edited by Gocom (2008-11-15 21:13:17)

#19 2008-11-16 20:04:06

douglgm
Website

Many thanks for that, greatly appreciated – just need to re-work the site I’m working on!

As for writing plugins, I’m not afraid of a bit of coding – I just need a spare five minutes to get my heard round them!

Doug.

#20 2009-11-27 15:32:57

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

I use this plugin a whole lot without any issues, but I’ve finally found some wonky behavior. It may be caused by something else; if the solution isn’t obvious, would you be willing to let me know how I can begin troubleshooting this?

Here’s what is going on: In my default page template, I have a tag like this:

<txp:rah_output_section_form prefix="_aside-" default="_aside"/>

This pulls in the _aside form for each section, or the default _aside form for sections without a form by that name. Works.

But this site is also using a dedicated search section called “search”. That’s the section where I’m getting wonky behavior. For the “search” section, I don’t want to output an _aside form, so I created a form called _aside-search containing only an HTML comment. When I navigate to the “search” section without a search, that’s the form I get. Here’s the tag trace:

[SQL (0.000143051147461): select Form from txp_form where `name` = '_aside-search' limit 1]

I get the same results on searches that return results. But if I search on a term with no results, this tag can return a variety of forms.

Let’s search for “monkey”, a term that doesn’t appear on the site. On the search page I now see the default _aside form; here’s the tag trace for that:

[SQL (0.000265121459961): select Form from txp_form where `name` = '_aside-authors' limit 1]
	[SQL (0.000231981277466): select Form from txp_form where `name` = '_aside' limit 1]

Suddenly, the tag thinks I’m viewing the “authors” section, even though the url is mysite.tld/search?q=monkey. Everything else on the page belongs to the “search” section.

Wait. It gets stranger. Let’s search for “Monkey”, with a capital M. Now the search page is outputting a different _aside form, this time the one that goes with the “about” section:

[SQL (0.000307083129883): select Form from txp_form where `name` = '_aside-about' limit 1]

Any idea what’s going on here? Thanks for this awesome plugin!

#21 2009-11-27 17:04:29

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

johnstephens wrote:

Any idea what’s going on here?

Do not know. The plugin just gets the section name directly from Textpattern. And she tells lies apprently.

What <txp:section /> outputs if you place it just before the <txp:rah_/> tag? Oh, and does the tag happen to be inside an article form? Full tag trace might come handy.

#22 2011-06-12 07:45:59

jakob
Admin
Website

Just a thought: how about a suffix attribute too?

It makes for well-sorted form lists when you use the tag a few times on a page for different purposes, e.g. main_{section-name} and main_{section-name}_js or if you quickly want to test alternate variants such as main_{section-name}_alt.

For the moment I patched a version of your plugin to do that, which I can send you if you like (although I hardly think you need it).

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#23 2011-06-13 07:18:28

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

jakob wrote:

Just a thought: how about a suffix attribute too?

Well, why not :) Suffix away with v0.4. Changes:

• Added: txp:yield support.
  • Added: suffix attribute. Thank you for the suggestion Jakob.
  • Added: Now caches the forms.

More info and downloads

#24 2011-06-13 12:09:07

jakob
Admin
Website

Cool, thanks. I’ll put into effect very soon and holler should there be a problem.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer