Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2009-03-16 17:08:26

mrdale
Website

Re: Opportunity to gently tweak TXP logo

saccade wrote:

I’m very much influenced of the “tell the logo”-concept (a short german abstract PDF can be found here)

Funny, my German is rusty, so I can’t read it… but I see a lot of pictures of people telling stories and no examples of the successful story-telling logos. Perhaps that agency personally presents the logos every time someone is allowed to view them ;)

Personally, I’m a minimalist with logo design. You have to create an impression with people who start out not giving a shit about you, and the best you can hope to do is create a “that’s cool” or “that fits” moment with them. Because you’re not there to explain the ins and outs a complicated story will result in apathy.

As I said, I really don’t care. I just hate to see poor naked stonemason with so much weight on his shoulders. right now he’s carrying about six confusing messages and not one of them is immediate. I’m also a fan of credit where credit is due, and belippe has done some outstanding work. I hate to see that work (which is a night and day improvement) wasted because we all like to over-intellectualize.

Last edited by mrdale (2009-03-16 17:09:34)

#50 2009-03-17 05:36:54

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

We will proceed with belipe’s suggestion, tune and tweak it to fit into the homepage redesign from Squaredeye as these both artists see fit, and live happily everafter.

#51 2009-03-17 10:33:15

redbot
Plugin Author

wet wrote:

We will proceed with belipe’s suggestion, tune and tweak it to fit into the homepage redesign from Squaredeye as these both artists see fit, and live happily everafter.

Good! I think it’s the right decision.

#52 2009-03-19 19:29:33

squaredeye
Website

lol! I finally have a chance to read this, and I come to the end, and have to say, I like the way that Robert puts it here :P

I will read all the thoughts though, so that Belipe and I can address everyone’s concerns with care. Thanks for all the emails. Sorry I’ve been absent. I’ve been at SXSW.

#53 2009-05-31 02:27:10

nabrown78
Website

I agree design by committee (or forum) is not ideal, but I’m going to throw in my two cents as anyway! Operating under the assumption that the man has to be gotten rid of (which I agree with) and that the hammer and chisel will be used to represent textpattern (which I’m conflicted about, but I can understand the desire to carry something over from the previous logo), I think belipe has a great start. I especially like what belipe’s done with the type.

My only real complaint is that the hammer doesn’t read immediately as a hammer, if you don’t know what it is…it looks flat-sided, and thus sort of axe-like. Maybe different shading could be applied to the hammer head to show it’s shape better?

The other, minor thing is that I think the wood-grain on the handle is overdoing the detail. The simplest logos are the ones that endure.

#54 2009-06-01 18:54:43

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

Wow. I love Philipp’s excellent logo. And I’m not even a communist. ;)

Last edited by johnstephens (2009-06-01 20:55:28)

#55 2009-11-14 21:40:37

brendstrup

I love the new logo. Excellent work, Philipp!

I don’t mean to resurrect an old thread by any means, but I just saw this new logo for the first time today when I stumbled across the redesigned Textgarden, and I was immediately struck by how solid and clean and modern it is!

Out of interest I searched the forums and found this thread, and while I agree with several of the sentiments expressed, I just want to make a public note of the first impression the logo made on me when I saw it on a public site. Hopefully others will have the same first impression.

While I haven’t been the most active community member, I’ve been following and using Textpattern since the (nearly) early days, and while I love the all the text(ism|pattern|ile|drive) symbolism surrounding everything Dean Allen does, I think it’s fair enough to move on. Textpattern has completely rebounded from the apparent stagnation of a year or two ago, and between the awesome new features and this great rebranding and site-realigning campaign, there is wonderful momentum in the community, which I think we should take advantage of to fuel Textpattern’s reach and popularity. Not for fame and glory, but because we honestly think that this CMS deserves broader recognition.

And I think Philipp’s icon work and Matthew’s redesign are powerful aids towards this goal. That is all.

#56 2009-11-15 19:57:52

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Well said Dan. :)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#57 2010-01-30 07:00:07

bici
Website Mastodon

I would like to add the logo to my new TxP powered website. I was not able to find them under Resources. Where can we find a repository of logos for such purposes. Hopefully there is one with a transparent background.

PS What fonts were used for logo used in the footer of the Textpattern page ‘powered by Textpattern”

Last edited by bici (2010-01-30 07:28:35)

…. texted postive

#58 2010-01-30 14:21:32

maniar
Website

bici – Perhaps you can try to grab it from the Textpattern SVN on Google Code ?

I used the Carver.gif and added the “Powered by Textpattern” on my own.
The GIF is not transparent.

Last edited by maniar (2010-01-30 14:23:58)

اردو میں بھی دستیاب Textpattern آپ کے لیے اب

#59 2010-02-02 03:34:01

lozmatic
Website

bici, feel free to download the one I made:

http://www.architxt.net/images/40.gif

#60 2010-02-02 16:27:55

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

We now have a downloadable file full of official Textpattern logos for you all to play with. Visit the Textgarden sidebar and grab yourself a copy.

Last edited by thebombsite (2010-02-02 16:30:12)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

Board footer