Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#241 2012-10-16 11:37:11

mark.now
Website

Re: adi_menu – section hierarchy, section menu and breadcrumb trail

hi, I think I found something in function adi_menu_options():

{…… $install_button = tag( form( fInput(“submit”, “do_something”, gTxt(‘install’), “publish”,”“,‘return verify(\’‘.gTxt(‘are_you_sure’).’\’)’) .eInput($event).sInput(“install”) ,’‘,’‘,‘post’,‘adi_menu_nstall_button’ ) ,‘div’ ,’ style=“text-align:center”’ );
……
}

Shouldn’t ,’‘,’‘,‘post’,‘adi_menu_nstall_button’ rather be ,’‘,’‘,‘post’,‘adi_menu_install_button’

Greetings Markus

#242 2012-10-16 11:54:57

gomedia
Plugin Author

mark.now wrote:

hi, I think I found something in function adi_menu_options():

Hi Markus,

That bit of code is only used if adi_menu is loaded from the plugin cache rather than it being installed via the Plugins tab. And having just revisited it, the classes are now redundant anyway. The “nstall” was deliberate shorthand for install or uninstall.

#243 2012-10-16 11:59:44

mark.now
Website

Ah, I see. Thanks for answering.

#244 2012-10-27 07:17:23

pieterschepens

Adi_menu is a great plugin to enable subsections in sections. Is there a way to configure clean URL’s that reflect the hierarchy of the sections, e.g. www.yoursite.com/section/subsection[/article]?

#245 2012-10-28 20:45:00

gomedia
Plugin Author

pieterschepens wrote:

Adi_menu is a great plugin to enable subsections in sections. Is there a way to configure clean URL’s that reflect the hierarchy of the sections, e.g. www.yoursite.com/section/subsection[/article]?

Hi Pieter,

Textpattern doesn’t do subsections natively & adi_menu does do anything with the URL structure. You might want to have a look at this …!

#246 2012-12-01 23:23:05

debeo

Hi there! Is there a way to extract only current top level section as a plain text?

NM:) I’ll think of something…

Last edited by debeo (2012-12-01 23:57:56)

#247 2012-12-20 14:54:26

wornout
Website

What do you think about on attribute for add custom menu elements?
It can be used to add custom urls to main-menu. I figured a use like this:

<txp:adi_menu custom_urls="label,http://www.example.ext|label2,http://www.example2.ext" />

or using admin tab (in this case the custom url will be listed in sections table and user can sort them).
What do you think?

#248 2012-12-20 20:38:46

gomedia
Plugin Author

wornout wrote:

What do you think about on attribute for add custom menu elements?

You can do it by adding a dummy section & redirecting it to an external link.

For example, add “label” as a section, add “http://www.example.ext” as a link & in adi_menu admin redirect section “label” to the appropriate link ID.

#249 2012-12-21 09:38:25

wornout
Website

Thanks!!!

#250 2013-01-25 19:12:56

PascalL
Website

debeo wrote:

Hi there! Is there a way to extract only current top level section as a plain text?

I’m trying the same thing, for now I have:

<txp:adi_menu wraptag="" include_current="1" include_children="0" />

Which outputs the current top level section only. But then it seems there is no way to remove the list tags. It’s a bit curious to consider one element as a list, especially in that case where it’s inside a h1.

I think it would extend a lot the possible uses if a “break” attribute was present (which could be empty in that case).

Pascal

#251 2013-01-25 21:28:57

gomedia
Plugin Author

PascalL wrote:

… But then it seems there is no way to remove the list tags. It’s a bit curious to consider one element as a list, especially in that case where it’s inside a h1.

I think it would extend a lot the possible uses if a “break” attribute was present (which could be empty in that case).

adi_menu will always output the sections in a <ul> / <li> structure. The wraptag attribute value goes around the <ul>. Maybe the standard <txp:section_list /> tag will help?

#252 2013-01-25 22:46:00

PascalL
Website

gomedia wrote:

adi_menu will always output the sections in a <ul> / <li> structure. The wraptag attribute value goes around the <ul>. Maybe the standard <txp:section_list /> tag will help?

Thanks for the help. I don’t see how that could work with txp:section_list, I need to output the parent section when I’m in a child section. Guess I’ll have to put back my battery of conditionals with hardcoded lists of children sections.

I think that would be great to be able to output a comma separated list, we could then use some partial sections lists filtered by parents inside other txp tags. That would allow the plugin not only to display, but also actually use the structure of the menus.

Pascal

Board footer