Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2008-11-16 18:45:20

Destry
Website

Re: [wiki] textbook architecture

Outside of that one tool, I don’t think so.

I’ve seen links like those too, I just rewrite stuff as I stumble upon it. Usually just linking to the page itself if a link turns out to be relevant at all.

Another thing to keep in mind, if the target subsection headers get edited (often the case during article improvements). The links to them become red text and such links are easier to spot over time.

#38 2008-11-19 00:28:22

els

These days I find myself needing Google a lot to find certain pages in Textbook, like the moving installation instructions and other pages like listed on this one. Looking at ‘what links here’ it seems that these pages are only linked to from pages that are just as hard to find ;)

Am I just not looking hard enough? should they be in category:Tutorials? or what?

#39 2008-11-19 00:49:39

Destry
Website

Thanks for the reminder. I keep getting side-tracked and not finishing any one thing completely. I need to make a list of To-Dos or something.

Actually, those old index pages like what you found are only being kept around until their contained articles are relocated accordingly under the new structure. That doesn’t mean they have to be shoehorned into the structure currently, it could be we need another topic in the left column, but I hope we can get things to fit as it is. I just need to finish auditing everything.

I’ve been using the Tutorials category as a catch-all for those things that don’t have an immediate fit elsewhere yet. Feel free to create subcategories in Tutorials to further separate articles by nature. That might help to see link relationships with other locations too.

In those old index pages like that, feel free to remove any dead links or pages already accounted for in the new structure. It’s easier to see what remains and still needs accounted for that way.

Board footer