Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2010-01-18 22:43:55

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: [deprecated] rah_plugin_download

Version 0.8 released. Changelog:

• Fixed: if all plugins were allowed for download, visitor could pull out empty plugin file.
  • Changed: compained plugin data queries into one, while preserved backwards compatibility features introduced in 0.4.
  • Added support for optional flags.
  • Removed initial install call from frontend download call; Define preferences in Extensions panel before using the downloads.
  • Removed if installed check from frontend download call; Make sure that you have set rah_plugin_download prefs before trying to download stuff. Provides little performance increase.

More info and downloads

If you spot any bugs let me know. Cheers. Happy plug action.

#38 2010-05-31 20:31:58

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

New update released. Version 0.9 changelog:

• Warning, please note: This update introduces new preferences system and thus all updaters will lose their old settings. You won’t lose statictics, but you will need to resave your settings. Sorry for inconvenience.
  • Added container support to <txp:rah_plugin_download />. If used as a container, returns the contained statement linked.
  • Changed download validity check.
  • Now list of plugin prefixes is trimmed from whitespace during save.
  • Now rah_plugin_download_textile() won’t include classTextile.php and do preg_match() for nothing.
  • Now on the plugin list the plugin name links to the statictics. Tiny zero is bit hard to click.
  • Now the plugin list shows the total download count at end of the list.
  • Fixed: values in the plugin list are now properly escaped.

More info and downloads

#39 2010-06-15 16:22:57

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Version 1.0 is out. The new friend of ours allows downloading older plugin versions directly from rah_plugin_dev’s version manager. There is setting in the preferences panel to set this feature on. Enabling the feature requires rah_plugin_dev version 0.5 or newer.

rah_plugin_download’s page @ Rah

#40 2011-04-20 15:49:35

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

How reliable are the plugin download counts?

I released a plugin on April 10th and rah_downloads shows a wopping 297 downloads as of now.

I also have a piwik (analytics) goal for the download url and piwik only shows 31 downloads since April 10th.

I’d love to believe the 297 number but no one has had any comments or questions in the forum about the plugin making me doubt.

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#41 2011-04-20 15:56:37

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

MattD wrote:

Works similarly to TXP’s build in file download counts; counts every request, no matter what the request is. The count is the total unfiltered hit count.

#42 2011-04-20 16:00:41

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

MattD wrote:

I had the same thing: huge number of downloads at first thanks to bot activity. This robots.txt file seems to have curbed the numbers somewhat:

User-agent: *
Disallow: /?rah_plugin_download
Disallow: /*?rah_plugin_download

(don’t ask me why I put two entries in: I can’t remember now, but I had a reason at the time!)

Last edited by Bloke (2011-04-20 16:01:29)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#43 2011-04-20 16:06:59

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks Bloke, I’ll add that to mine.

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#44 2012-01-18 07:28:03

MarcoK
Plugin Author
Website

A little question: i use your plugin for allow downloading my plugin but for example in mck_login i use textpack. If i download plugin by your plugin’s link it not include textpack.
It’s a bug or i wrong something?

#45 2012-01-18 08:46:04

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

MarcoK wrote:

It’s a bug or i wrong something?

Unfortunately rah_plugin_download doesn’t support textpacks (those that are embedded to the plugin template). In fact Textpattern doesn’t store textpacks anywhere, so the plugin has nowhere to get them. As you know, the plugin gets all it’s data from txp_plugins table.

If you need embedded Textpacks, I would suggest looking into the official plugin template, or to Mass Plugin Compiler and Extended plugin cache.

#46 2012-01-18 08:56:55

MarcoK
Plugin Author
Website

I will look. Very thanks.

#47 2012-05-18 18:59:58

developr
Plugin Author
Website

I had the same issue with textpacks. Because I was in need of an immediate solution, I searched my head using google ;)

To circumvent this problem, I added a field (plugin64, type text) to the plugins table and made a few changes to txp_plugin.php. This new field is used to store the original uploaded plugin-code (incl. comments) in the table when a plugin is installed.
At the same time, plugins are also written to a subfolder of textpattern. This makes it possible to have different versions on the server. I have also changed the download-plugin, so it can deliver the originally uploaded version from the database without the need for a re-compilation. Older versions are taken from the mentioned folder instead of the database.

I use this solution at the moment to distribute my new uploader plugin, and it seems to work.

Gocom, I can send you all the stuff if you like.

Board footer