Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2008-06-18 22:26:08

maniqui
Website

Re: caption_edit_link

Just thinking loud:

to extend it to any other image, you could probably rely in the upm_image plug-in, which can output the image ID:
<txp:upm_img_id />

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#14 2008-06-19 01:11:14

uli

Thanks everyone! Really great to come back and see all this!

Jukka and Steve, tried your proposals and they work both. Thanks! Will save me so much mousing meters!

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#15 2008-06-19 15:45:11

uli

OK, one final micro improvement on this, in case somebody’s got glx_admin_image installed (or anything else that’s put on top of everything on the image tab): It’s about the ID at the end of the URL. The complete working code:

<txp:rvm_if_privileged><a href="<txp:site_url />textpattern/index.php?event=image&step=image_edit&id=<txp:php>echo $thisarticle['article_image'];</txp:php>#image-replace">Edit Image</a></txp:rvm_if_privileged>

Re method for treating normal images (!= article images): Hard work to get this functioning with upm tags (first-time-upm_img-user, needed a seminar first ;) Though I managed to get an image displayed at all the link however still stated relentlessly “no image requested”.

Would the upm_img_id method (if working) be sufficient to manage links for multiple images? (No, they’re just multiple article images, right?) Is “one link for all” feasible? I’d prefer this.

Just printed out a huge list of vars using <txp:php>print_r($GLOBALS);</txp:php>, then searched for image and img, but nothing usable among. Hm, aren’t these the right terms?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

Board footer