Re: rah_metas // new 1.x-versions of SEO/redirecting/automatic meta-tools

Okey dokey Jukka. Thanks again.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#86 2010-10-29 07:35:13

Gallex

i excluded all section urls but sitemap still displaying them. what i’m missing?

#87 2010-10-29 08:12:33

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Gallex wrote:

i excluded all section urls but sitemap still displaying them. what i’m missing?

If you are refering to rah_sitemap (rah_metas doesn’t generate sitemaps ;-) ), the filtering settings should work just fine.

Make sure that the sitemap isn’t displayed from cache etc. Note that excluding section URLs will exclude just section URLs, not articles. Articles has to be excluded from _“Filter articles from the sitemap”_-section.

#88 2010-10-29 09:35:40

Gallex

Gocom wrote:

If you are refering to rah_sitemap (rah_metas doesn’t generate sitemaps ;-) ), the filtering settings should work just fine.

yes. sorry for wrong category

Make sure that the sitemap isn’t displayed from cache etc.

that was it :) thanks

#89 2010-11-01 12:32:35

Gallex

what is wrong in this code, because last part <txp:else /><txp:title /> pildid doesn’t work?

...description='<txp:if_section name="default">Kuup Disain tegeleb peamiselt sisekujundustöödega. Oleme teinud ühiskondlikke projekte, lavakujundusi, messibokside väljapanekuid, kaupluste kujundusi ja kodusid.<txp:else /><txp:if_section name="sisekujundus">Siin lehel näed ülevaadet meie seni tehtud töödest.<txp:else /><txp:title /> pildid</txp:if_section></txp:if_section>'...

#90 2010-11-01 14:51:23

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Gallex wrote:

what is wrong in this code, because last part <txp:else /><txp:title /> pildid doesn’t work?

What doesn’t work corretly? What should it do? What is the full code? Yes, the code is valid (in a sense), it does work, but it doesn’t really do anything alone. First of all <txp:title /> is usable only in article context and secondly rah_metas will try to use the article data directly in article context.

#91 2010-11-02 08:40:32

Gallex

Gocom wrote:

What doesn’t work corretly? What should it do?

it should output meta description as article title + pildid when in individual article page, but it outputs same description as in section sisekujundus page

What is the full code?

...description_from="body" description_replacement="1" description='<txp:if_section name="default">Kuup Disain tegeleb peamiselt sisekujundustöödega. Oleme teinud ühiskondlikke projekte, lavakujundusi, messibokside väljapanekuid, kaupluste kujundusi ja kodusid.<txp:else /><txp:if_section name="sisekujundus">Siin lehel näed ülevaadet meie seni tehtud töödest.<txp:else /><txp:title /> pildid</txp:if_section></txp:if_section>'...

i think there is a conflict between description_from="body" and <txp:else /><txp:title /> pildid, isn’t it?

#92 2010-11-19 10:06:26

Gallex

thebombsite wrote:

My single minor gripe is that I still use a form for the “robot” meta as I see no point in indexing a listing page, at least not for thebombsite.

Gocom wrote:

<txp:rah_metas robots=’<txp:if_individual_article>index,follow<txp:else />noindex,nofollow</txp:if_individual_article>’ />

but doesn’t this tell to robots to not index the individual articles (which follow to section) as well?
shouldn’t be there ...<txp:else />noindex,follow</txp:if_individual_article> …?

#93 2010-11-20 13:17:59

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

That’s how I’m using it Gallex, though I also add “archive” and “noarchive” to the tags as well.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#94 2010-11-21 08:31:51

Gallex

thebombsite wrote:

That’s how I’m using it Gallex

…and google webmaster tool happy, no duplicated metadescriptions?

did you drop now from robots.txt file as well?

Last edited by Gallex (2010-11-21 08:48:12)

#95 2011-02-02 19:07:52

maniqui
Website

makss wrote:

Thanks for plugin!

Feature idea:
description_replacement="2" – append description_from to description (description – first, description_from – second)
keywords_replacement="2" – append keywords_from to keywords

Nice idea, although I’d suggest that, if implemented, it prepends (rather than append), so to have the more specific content beginning the meta.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#96 2011-04-07 23:12:43

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

Hi, Jukka!

I’m having a strange problem that I haven’t seen anyone else mention, so I’m probably doing something wrong. I am using rah_metas within article_custom/article context to output the specific metadata on the homepage and section landing pages.

Without further ado, here’s the relevant content of my metadata form:

<txp:if_section name="">
	<txp:article_custom form="_metas-dynamic" limit="1" section="home" status="sticky"/>
	<txp:else/>
	<txp:if_article_list>
		<txp:article form="_metas-dynamic" limit="1" section='<txp:section />' status="sticky"/>
		<txp:else/>
		<txp:article form="_metas-dynamic"/>
	</txp:if_article_list>
</txp:if_section>

And here’s the content of the _metas-dynamic form referred to above:

<!-- <txp:title no_widow="0"/> -->
<txp:rah_metas
	author="Richard Roe"
	copyright='Design copyright (c) <txp:php>echo strftime("%Y");</txp:php> by Richard Roe | Content copyright (c) 2000-<txp:php>echo strftime("%Y");</txp:php> by Richard Roe unless otherwise cited'
	messy_to_clean_redirect="1"
	useauthor="1"/>

This works perfectly when viewing an individual article, but it doesn’t seem to work on the homepage or the section landing pages. Here’s what I mean: On an individual article page, I get a meta description excerpted from the excerpt or body field for the designated article.

Having created an article with of status sticky for the “home” section and other sections, I was hoping to get the same results, but rah_metas outputs only the author (as “Richard Roe”, regardless of the article’s author) and copyright info in those contexts, without a meta description— even though excerpt text is provided in the designated articles.

That’s why I added the title comment to the form, so that I could verify that it was loading the correct article for each context. It is:

• http://{site_url}/ gives me the title of my sticky article in the “home” section (but no description).
  • http://{site_url}/about/ gives me the title of my sticky article in the “about” section (but no description).
  • http://{site_url}/articles/welcome-to-your-site gives me the title of that article AND a meta description. It also shows the context-specific author.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong? I’m fully prepared to be shown an obvious error, but I’d be grateful nonetheless.

Thanks for your support!

Board footer