Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2008-08-20 10:23:00

brendstrup

Re: jnm_feed_custom_item

Markus: Thanks for the tips! Especially those two plugins, which sound very useful.

I’m actually already appending a custom “footer” to my feeds via the tru_tags plugin, so I’ve considered adding a link to the original there (which I do indeed store in a custom field). Not the same as having the title link to it directly, but close enough — and much easier than having to construct the whole xml feed from scratch! :)

#14 2008-08-28 09:18:09

vittorio
Website

Hola Juanjo,

just found your plugin. It looks great, but… for me it works only in Internet Explorer and FeedBurner I mean, with Explorer’s integrated feed reader there’s no problem, as I can see all the customization made with your plugin. And the same happens with FeedBurner.

But with Firefox’s integrated reader and with some webreaders I tried — like Netvibes and Google Reader — I see no changes, even after clearing the browser’s cache. The feeds are: RSS and Atom.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Vittorio

Happily served with Txp: Strampelli.net, Brain Essence, NicolaTranfaglia.com

#15 2008-08-28 09:25:30

juanjonavarro
Plugin Author
Website

Hi. Does it works for new entries? Maybe those readers don’t show you modified entries.

#16 2008-08-28 09:48:02

vittorio
Website

Juanjo, thanks for your immediate reply. I just published a new entry, and it seems to work now, but only in part. Netvibes and Google Reader show the new post correctly, but Firefox integrated reader still doesn’t… quite curious, no?

OT: Just noticed you’re from Valencia. Great city, I lived there several months, some years ago, when I was an Erasmus student. And I had so much fun…! :D

#17 2008-08-28 09:58:14

juanjonavarro
Plugin Author
Website

Maybe Firefox is showing you only the “excerpt” for the entry?

OT: Thank you. I hope to visit your city soon. I’m sure Roma is a wonderful city.

#18 2008-08-28 10:11:44

vittorio
Website

juanjonavarro wrote:

Maybe Firefox is showing you only the “excerpt” for the entry?

Yes, that’s what it does if the post has an excerpt. But (and this is even stranger) if the post doesn’t have an excerpt, it is shown correctly with all the customization I made through your plugin. Check yourself with Firefox here, the third post you’ll see looks different from the others (shows related articles, article image and other things): that is the only one without an excerpt.

?

#19 2008-09-23 13:30:40

Spot
Website

I’m not sure if this is actually correct – and if not, maybe someone can tell me how to edit the rss.php file :) – but I’ve entered

<georss:point><txp:custom_field name=“lat” /> <txp:custom_field name=“long” /></georss:point>

(I haven’t wrapped it in <txp:if_custom_field name=“lat”> tags because that’s had the effect of shutting-off my map markers, as I’ve used that tag in my default article form)

in the feed_item_body form (I’ve just called the form a misc Type?) and added

xmlns:georss=“http://www.georss.org/georss”

to the header part of the rss.php code to enable someone to pick-up georss ponts from my feed.

The feed validates (with some warnings) but as the geo coordinates are within the <![CDATA[ of the fee, is this technically correct?

Thanks for the plugin.

Last edited by Spot (2008-09-23 13:32:31)

iMac 3.06 GHz 2 GB SDRAM
OSX 10.6.2

#20 2008-09-24 14:24:13

Spot
Website

Sorted – using mg_setheader plugin to write a new georss only feed.

iMac 3.06 GHz 2 GB SDRAM
OSX 10.6.2

#21 2009-06-15 16:37:49

floodfish
Website

Nice one! Thanks for making this.

Just curious—does it need to be an Article form to work, or will Misc or some other form types work? I didn’t see this mentioned anywhere. I was having various troubles setting up my feed, and I’m not sure if changing “feed_item_body” to an Article form type helped or not.

#22 2009-06-15 16:55:14

juanjonavarro
Plugin Author
Website

I think it must be of type “Article” to use the “article” tags (txp:body, …)

#23 2009-06-15 18:31:56

maniqui
Website

No, it shouldn’t be necessary. Form type is just for classifying forms (for sorting and to use on the built-in Tag Builder), but type doesn’t affect the way a form works.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#24 2009-09-30 02:58:56

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Can anyone confirm that this works in 4.2? what’s the easiest way to confirm it’s working?

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

Board footer