Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#781 2014-06-20 10:09:52

uli

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

I’ve one single product that can’t be added to the cart. It’s not randomly, it’s always the one with some cyrillic letters in the article title. So I’ve removed these but to no avail. Can this be the reason at all? The article has a price, exactly the same as another product that is working. Have you experienced such a problem? What can I look for, what does the plugin need to add a product to the cart? Any hint is much appreciated.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#782 2014-06-20 10:51:45

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

uli wrote #281545:

I’ve one single product that can’t be added to the cart… it’s always the one with some cyrillic letters in the article title.

Hmmm, never seen that before. I just tried it with some cyrillic characters on my dev site and maaged to add the product fine (although it’s using my forked version of the shop, not the official one).

What can I look for, what does the plugin need to add a product to the cart? Any hint is much appreciated.

Price is the only mandatory field, unless you indicate that another property is also required (not sure if that is solely a feature of my version). Can’t think of any reason it would fail to add just one product but clearly there’s something it doesn’t like about that article.

When you changed the article title, did it also change the url-only title to remove any encoded characters? Can you check to make sure the URL-only title is “clean” just in case the chars are upsetting it… though I can’t see how. Bizarre.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#783 2014-06-20 12:28:10

uli

Bloke wrote #281547:

When you changed the article title, did it also change the url-only title to remove any encoded characters? Can you check to make sure the URL-only title is “clean” just in case the chars are upsetting it… though I can’t see how. Bizarre.

Forgot to write about that, but, yes, I did check. There were and are only normal characters and hyphens. Textpattern had translated the cyrillic letters into these, and I arrow-keyed all the way from the beginning to the end of the URL field to check whether there are any remainders the TXP function might have left out/changed to hidden characters. The only thing I can think of trying now is set up a completely new article and copy/paste (or better: re-type) all of its umpteen custom fields. Will see if that helps.

BTW: It’s the standard plugin v0.8.1, with the third party v0.7.1, the lower latter one is correct I assume.

Edited: just grammar

Last edited by uli (2014-06-20 12:36:20)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#784 2014-06-20 18:15:31

uli

How do I set up a cart-related conditional without destroying the functionality of the cart? I need to check against the amount of items in the cart. Whenever I add this code to my page …

<txp:variable name="cart_empty" value='<txp:yab_shop_cart_quantity label="" break="" output="all" />' />
   <txp:if_variable name="cart_empty" value="0">
<txp:else />
   <a href="#korb-zeigen">Show cart contents</a>
</txp:if_variable>

… I can’t maintain a cart, i.e. every click overwrites the latest order, having 5 items and clicking “Add one more” I end up with one (the latest order), and every time I check out my cart is empty.

I then added <txp:yab_shop_cart output="none" /> before the above quantity tag, which made the cart “work again” but each order duplicates the amounts added. What is this yab_noobie doing wrong?

Last edited by uli (2014-06-20 18:22:51)

#785 2014-06-22 17:39:34

uli

Update to my last post: I had to put the conditional after the actual yab_shop_cart tag to make it work (maybe only after the yab_shop_add tag, didn’t test there any further). This info might be useful to have in the documentation.

#786 2014-06-23 14:09:26

bennikuehn

First of all, thank you for this amazing plugin.

Unfortunately I am facing a little issue with it: I have folloewd the instructions and still am getting the fololowing problem:

When on the checkout page and changing a quantity, it shows the changed quantity only in the cart-section, but not in the checkout-table.

TXP 4.5.5,, PHP 5.3, yabshop 0.80, yabshop3rd party 0.70

Site: http://www.mosterei-malus.de

Any suggestions would be great!

Benjamin

Last edited by bennikuehn (2014-06-23 14:10:02)

#787 2014-06-23 15:55:17

uli

Hi Benjamin, and welcome to the forum.

Seems to be a cacheing problem, the altered amount is shown only when I enter the shop section via link, not via back button.

#788 2014-06-23 18:14:25

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

bennikuehn wrote #281585:

When on the checkout page and changing a quantity, it shows the changed quantity only in the cart-section, but not in the checkout-table.

No doubt you’ve tried this, but just in case, is your <txp:yab_shop_cart output="none" /> tag at the top of your page, before any subsequent yab_shop tags?

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#789 2014-06-25 15:45:36

uli

[solved, see last paragraph]

I’d like to sandbox/test a shop with Paypal payment. In my sandbox profile for the merchant role (“Account Details > API credentials”) I can only find these specifications:

• Username
  • Password
  • Signature
  • (and taken from somewhere else) a fixed standard “Sandbox test AppID”

That has nothing to do, obviously, with the yab_shop requirements (translated back into English):

• Paypal certificate ID Available after uploading your public certificate: Seller Preferences > Encrypted Payment Settings.
  • Path to Paypal certificate For how to get a certificate see link below
  • Name of the public Paypal certificate Available at the same spot where you upload your public certificate
  • Name of the public certificate See link below
  • Name of the private key See link below

I’ve asked Paypal’s customer service but the guy there didn’t even read that I’m sandboxing.

Where do you guys get the values for yab_shop from when you’re sandboxing your shop?

Great, I finally got a competent answer back from Paypal! It turns out I’ve chosen the wrong option initially when I chose “Self hosted shop” in sandbox.paypal > Profile > more > API Access. Self hosted shop comes with a signature. The certificate, however, is available under the point described with something as (translated from German) “third party”, for whatever reason.
Got a great link sent from a PP guy, a compact tutorial for all that, on a non-PP-website. And also discovered that trenc wrote about all this in the plugin help of the yab_shop_admin plugin, which I was too blind to discover.

Last edited by uli (2014-06-27 12:29:20)

#790 2014-06-27 11:36:40

uli

Thrilling, thrilling, the submitted checkout form says:

Paypal public certificate is not readable! Please check permissions, names and paths!

I have all three files in the same directory which has 755 permissions (like all the folders hierarchically above), all three files have 644, and when I concatenate site-URL, paypal_certificates_path and the filenames I can see the contents of all three files in my browser. What may go awry, do you have any further idea re what I could try?

#791 2014-06-27 13:15:42

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Uli

Presumably you’ve tried following Trenc’s advice in response to that question?

#792 2014-06-27 13:32:23

uli

Thanks for the tip, Stef, I’ll look into trenc’s hints more closely. (I should have searched for the error, yes, so simple, but at the moment the thinking takes completely different paths, cause I’m running against walls for days now.)

In the meantime, between posting and your answer, I’ve tried setting the shop to work without encrypted buttons. That works at Paypal, but then the certificates aren’t taken into account, I assume, right?

Board footer