Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#601 2011-09-27 14:29:25

Manaus
Website

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

Hello,
I have this problem: yab_shop returns Warning: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given on line 2194 (using 0.8.0 on 4.4.1).
I put in the price textfield this value: 7,90

Btw, using this code:

<h3><txp:title /></h3>
<p>Prezzo: <txp:yab_shop_price /></p>
<txp:body />
<txp:yab_shop_add />

I don’t see any value for yab_shop_price

This has been fixed … sorry!

Thanks!…

Last edited by Manaus (2011-09-27 14:36:10)

#602 2011-09-27 14:29:59

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi Kreeltje,

Is it possible to show the checkout page with all the product shown on value “0”. Then people only need tot change the amounts.

Nope, not by default.

But you can list all products/articles with an appropriate template (article_custom and form) which looks like you want. But there always be a checkout page.

Sorry

#603 2011-09-27 15:28:12

Manaus
Website

I think there’s a bit of misunderstanding that may arise on this page, because I can’t find the Admin->Plugins -> yab_shop_config to edit.
Thanks

#604 2011-09-28 09:31:40

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi Manaus,

erm, yes. The faq is not up to date. :(

Edit: The faq is up to date now.

Last edited by trenc (2011-09-28 10:05:45)

#605 2011-09-28 14:45:50

GugUser

Hi trenc, now that you’re present here in the forum, could you answer me my question from July?

Thank you very much.

#606 2011-09-29 07:31:32

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi GugUser,

yes.

#607 2011-09-29 07:39:26

Manaus
Website

Hello trenc,
sorry to nag, just part of my former question was fixed…
If I put 8,00 – 8.00 or just 8 in the price field, I get Warning: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double
But the checkout page renders numbers well anyway.
Can I ignore the warnings? (switching to live hides all after all)

Thanks again

#608 2011-09-29 12:42:49

GugUser

trenc schrieb:

Hi GugUser,

yes.

Thanks. This are very good news, in several senses.

#609 2011-09-29 15:02:20

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi Manaus,

Warning: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given on line ...

Hmmm. This error warning normally appears if the parameter is recognized as string and not as integer or float. So be sure in the custum field for your price is only a 8,00 (look for linebreaks, whitespaces etc.).

Edit: Also look for other yab_shop related fields with currencies in it!

Last edited by trenc (2011-09-29 15:06:17)

#610 2011-10-01 12:14:31

Manaus
Website

Somehow I just managed to solve it, here is how I did it.
On MAMP, switched PHP version from 5.3.5 to 5.2.17.

Cheers! :)

#611 2011-10-04 20:54:54

Manaus
Website

Hello again,
there’s something I can’t figure out.
In the checkout page, I have a table with total and so on. Each item has a number, change qty, and ‘x’.
If I click the ‘x’, the item does not disappear.
It disappears from the yab_shop_cart item anyway.
Thanks….

#612 2011-10-10 09:57:43

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

I’m having the same issues as JanDW and hidalgo. A minor annoyance is that sometimes I see a regular PayPal looking payment window with everything in the main area. Other times I get the cart items in a left-hand sidebar and a different login request form on the right. I’ve not figured out what triggers the different behaviour as it appears to be random (but no doubt can’t be!) If anyone else has noticed this and can shed some light on it I’d be grateful.

But the real issue is that the Address, City, Zip and Phone number (perhaps others) don’t make it through to my IPN plugin. Any address details entered into the cart form are replaced by those stored in the PayPal user’s account. Whether this is a feature of the Sandbox and it’ll go away when I go live is unclear. I don’t want to risk going live and finding that the info someone enters is being ignored as it’ll annoy customers to have to enter their shipping details in the yab_shop form and then only be able to ship to the address defined in their PayPal account.

I can only assume that this is a feature of the sandbox, because otherwise it’d be more prevalent as a support request here: can anyone confirm this please?

On another note I’ve been doing some subtle hacking of the plugin to add a few bits and pieces here and there — mainly callbacks so other plugins can hook into the workflow — but I’ve also added support for multiple tax rates and shipping by weight. The callbacks were all based on some pioneering work from Steve (net-carver) who graciously took the time to make a copy of the plugin MLP-compatible. I’ve got a way to go yet before I’m happy with the overall workflow and I put the spanners away, but if these mods and MLP capability are of interest to people I can feed back the changes to trenc for possible inclusion in a next release.

The shipping by weight thing is really handy. I’ve not built the interface for it yet — you stuff the values into the existing shipping pref for now, which has some issues since the pref is only 255 chars max — but the idea is that you define multiple shipping destinations: UK, EU, USA, whatever. Each of those then has a weight table associated with it like this:

Kg --Price;
.5 --1.90;
1  --3.70;
2  --4.90;
4  --8.20;
6  --11.00;
8  --13.40;
10 --14.50;
20 --16.90

All you then do is designate a special custom field as a Weight and put the weight of each item (in Kilos) in there. The plugin keeps track of the total weight of your order and applies the corresponding value from the weight table in the checkout form. If you have defined multiple shipping destinations, customers can choose which method they want to use and the shipping is recalculated automatically.

If I can figure out why the address details are not being forwarded properly, the integration between yab_shop and smd_ipn will be this plugin’s missing link. The scope of what you can do once the feedback loop is complete is amazing. Shame I can’t be bothered to research if Google Checkout has a similar API: I could make it work for both systems if so, but I don’t have a business case for doing it right now. If anyone has any thoughts or has tinkered with Google’s IPN equivalent please get in touch: it might be easier than I expect and be a no-brainer to add into the plugin.

Last edited by Bloke (2011-11-14 11:03:46)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer